Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 817 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,913 Page Views | 19,259 Unique Visitors | 30 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
3DVistaAdviceCamerasDOWNLOAD360Pano2VRPro1Pro2Virtual Reality

What other Virtual Tour platforms are compatible with Matterport cameras?13572

HunsletRiviera private msg quote post Address this user
I’m looking at creating a virtual tour for a small school campus using either 3D vista or Pano2VR. Is it possible to use a Matterport Pro 1/2 with these programs or would I need to invest in another camera?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
lilnitsch private msg quote post Address this user
you would need another 360 camera or DSLR with pano head

if you already shot the the property within the matterport ecosystem you could possibly export each 360 image but, it would be tedious and time consuming
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@HunsletRiviera

As @lilnitsch said, Matterport is not the right tool to shoot 360s for a different platform.

That said, if you have already shot the space with Matterport, here is a 3rd-party solution for easily downloading the 360s for the other platform:

DOWNLOAD360 Service: Download all the 360ºs from Your Matterport 3D Tour

This WGAN 3rd Party Service Provider is: @TresDePro

Best,

Dan
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
lilnitsch private msg quote post Address this user
If looking for a 360 camera for tours

Ricoh's Theta SC2 runs about $300 (USD) and is on par with the V image quality wise but, Ricoh's Theta Z1 is still a lot folks favorite (mine as well I own 2) it runs about $1,000 (USD)
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @lilnitsch
If looking for a 360 camera for tours

Ricoh's Theta SC2 runs about $300 (USD) and is on par with the V image quality wise but, Ricoh's Theta Z1 is still a lot folks favorite (mine as well I own 2) it runs about $1,000 (USD)

And, the Ricoh Theta Z1 is compatible with shooting Matterport tours too.

Dan
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Buffalo, New York
GETMYVR private msg quote post Address this user
If you're going to spend the time creating a custom tour, then having perfectly crisp images is the most important aspect. Another option would be to hire a pro with a DSLR and panoramic head for stunning representation of the school.
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
You can use Matterport to capture a tour and then build a custom tour from Matterport scans using 3DVista or Pano2VR. You either need to use the service that Dan recommends extracting panos from a Matterport tour or submit Matterport tour to Google Maps and then get it from their in Pano2VR and build any custom tour you want.

There is a difference though in resolution. With the service recommended by Dan you will get full resolution panoramas which are over 100Mp and you won't pay anything extra. With submission your Matterport to Google Maps first you will pay Matterport a fee for it and only can get 32Mp panoramas.
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Hi All,

DOWNLOAD360 service is no longer available.

Dan
Post 8 IP   flag post
101635 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?