Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 837 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 35,106 Page Views | 19,195 Unique Visitors | 30 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
DroneScam

Beware - Drone work scam13472

Ghagendorf private msg quote post Address this user
Fortunately a colleague tipped me off that this might be a scam. This is the 3rd email from different email addresses requesting drone services. As you can see, they will not talk by phone and will eventually ask for a credit card number so they can pay you for services. It's a scam. Beware.

This is one of the emails that I received.....

Due to my hearing impaired i can only be reach through email and text...The lot is at Thanks for your reply, I will like you to take an Aerial photograph of thewhole site including the cardinal directions at 200 and 400 feet for an architecture and landscape use because the images will be used to provide an actual budget for the construction and also I will like you to get back with me on how much it will cost me for you to do a video-graphic site inspection for 22 days because there's going to be a fast track construction on the site as soon as the blueprint is provided by the architect so I will be needing a drone especially for site inspection afterward and i will like to secure my space with you. Get back to me with the of Aerial Photo Estimate or Drones.. I should have been there in person to do this inspections but I'm in the hospital at the moment recuperating from covid-19( don't panic I’m getting better lol ).Please get back to me with the figures as soon as possible so we can get the ball rolling. In other words the breakdown is as follows: 10 still images: Top down 200 and 400 ft Look West 200 and 400 ft Look East 200 and 400 ft Look North 200 and 400 ft Look South 200 and 400 ft and a short video of the site from the top.As soon as we're done with this within a week, the second week the blueprint will be out then we shall proceed with the construction and you will be needed on site for 22 days, overhead drone recording the site for inspection and monitoring. And of course a final image and short video when the project is complete,

Here's The lot is at,5902 Indigo St, Houston, TX 77074 like to make a half down deposit with credit now..it would be a straight consecutive 22 days excluding Sundays. And yes you'd be required to be on site taking overhead video shot and some ground shoot for the inspection. Am also looking for the project to start on the 9th of Novemeber.You’re to make yourself available with the drone for 1 hours daily we might not spend up to that sometimes .I’ll be available from 9am -5pm daily .Keep me posted when coming in I will like you to get back to me with the estimated cost so we can proceed accordingly.Hoping to hearback from you so we can get the ball rolling..
Post 1 IP   flag post
Thalore private msg quote post Address this user
I've seen similar emails. It's definitely a scam. My question is though, what is the full scam? Like how are they benefiting from sending us on site to these locations?
Post 2 IP   flag post
Houston
briangreul private msg quote post Address this user
The first tipoff is the bad English. "I will like to...." Nobody writes that way or speaks that way. That is something specific to an African dialect and a hallmark of all such scams.

Generally, the way this works is they use a stolen credit card or fake cashiers check and ask for money back or a refund, etc. Something along the lines of "I only have a $10K cashiers check. I owe you $2500 but I'll give you an extra $500 if you cash it for me and give me the rest back." Yea that's really they will steal $10K from you and piss off your bank.

Some variations of this involve a product that can be dumped for cash. The general theme is they are looking to get cash. Photography is just a distraction to get you excited so you ignore the details and play along.

What they clearly don't know is that a 22 day progress aerial job is rare and unusual.

The drone business is what we should all endeavor to never let the Matterport space become. It's a bunch of "get rich quick" folks trying to make a $ and competing to work for ¢'s instead.
Post 3 IP   flag post
DouglasMeyers private msg quote post Address this user
I have had two contacts like this... Beware...
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
lilnitsch private msg quote post Address this user
I had posted on a similar deal back in July. When, I finally got a property address out of the scammer, I reached out to the actual listing agent just to let him know that his listing was being used. Plus side, I got two jobs from him this summer.

Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
@Thalore

They are after banking information to "Get you paid"
Post 6 IP   flag post
homefrontphoto private msg quote post Address this user
I'm also in Houston and the guy tried to tell me he had Covid-19 and couldn't go to the site to manage it. I kept pressing him for details and when he finally gave me the address I drove to the site and there was no house being built there.

Started out with:
Hi,are you available for an aerial photograph? And do you accept a credit card as a method of payment ?Get back to me . Best regards Chris Terrell

Then responded with:
Thanks for your reply, I will like you to take an aerial photograph of the whole site including the cardinal directions at 200 and 400 feet for an architecture and landscape use because the images will be used to provide an actual budget for the construction and also I will like you to get back with me on how much it will cost me for you to do a video-graphic site inspection for 20 days because there's going to be a fast-track construction on the site as soon as the blueprint is provided by the architect so I will be needing a drone especially for site inspection afterward and i will like to secure my space with you. I should have been there in person to do these inspections but I'm in the hospital at the moment recuperating from covid-19(don't panic I’m getting better lol).Please get back to me with the figures as soon as possible so we can get the ball rolling.

Seems like the same scam. I was suspicious from the getgo and when he wouldn't accept Stripe or Square it just confirmed it for me.
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Birmingham, Alabama
rko1 private msg quote post Address this user
I have been contacted more than a few times, family photos to real estate, always mentions credit card, and English is broken. Everytime, but credit card is the tipoff, and most have an out-of-town phone number. I never respond. Everyone beware, and be safe...
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

Scam email received Monday, 7 June 2021

@Ghagendorf

Seven months after your post about the drone scam, I received the SAME scam email:

On June 7, 2021 at 11:25:41 AM, chris juels (chrisjuels222@outlook.com) wrote:

Thanks for your reply,.. I'm hearing impaired due to my services in the US military that's why i prefer here or texting ..I will like you to take an aerial photograph of the whole site including the cardinal directions at 100 and 200 feet for an architecture and landscape use because the images will be used to provide an actual budget for the construction and also I will like you to get back with me on how much it will cost me for you to do a video-graphic site inspection for 20 days because there's going to be a fast-track construction on the site as soon as the blueprint is provided by the architect so I will be needing a drone especially for site inspection afterward and i will like to secure my space with you. I should have been there in person to do this inspections but I'm in the hospital at the moment due to my flue sickness ( don't panic I’m getting better lol ).Please get back to me with the figures as soon as possible so we can get the ball rolling. In other words the breakdown is as follows: 10 still images: Top down 200 and 400 ft Look West 200 and 400 ft Look East 100 and 200 ft Look North 100 and 200 ft Look South 100 and 200 ft and a short video of the site from the top. As soon as we're done with this within a week, the second week the blueprint will be out then we shall proceed with the construction and you will be needed on site for 20 days, overhead drone recording the site for inspection and monitoring. And of course a final image and short video when the project is complete...

--

Ugh!

Dan
Post 9 IP   flag post
Ghagendorf private msg quote post Address this user
😡😡😡😡
Post 10 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Ghagendorf

Nice that you posted this scam seven months ago. I remembered so I didn't get caught up in it!

Dan
Post 11 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
Well the scammer is at least using a few different names

Post 12 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
You are "lucky" it seems to be distributed in USA/Canada only. I have never received anything like this. Just regular bitcoin scammers with dozens of thousands on "my" account and scammers offering me millions :-)
Post 13 IP   flag post
manasota360 private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

Just got this email yesterday as well. Beware and be safe!!!

Regards......................Max

Post 14 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@manasota360

Yes! Exactly what I received.

(I reported my email to Zillow.)

Dan
Post 15 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
=> We Get Around Network to Receive $5.5 Million. Let's All Go to Hawaii?
Post 16 IP   flag post
kaliforniatuffy private msg quote post Address this user

I received a very similar scam email last month.
Post 17 IP   flag post
ADS_Southwest private msg quote post Address this user
He is still at it!! He is messaging me through my google website instead of email. I had the exact messages as above from a Lester Rodgers back in April which is probably the same guy. But all of those emails mysteriously disappeared when I went to go compare them to this one! The property he gave me is for sale and the realtor has never heard of him.

Post 18 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@ADS_Southwest

Welcome to the WGAN Forum.

And, thank you for calling attention to the ongoing scammers targeting real estate photographers.

Dan
Post 19 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

Email exchange on 9 March 2023

Hi All,

How should I reply the following?

"Hello, sorry for the late reply, I have been busy with my treatment and I would like you to take an aerial photograph of the whole site including the cardinal directions at 200 and 400 feet for an architecture and landscape use because the images will be used to provide an actual budget for the construction and also am currently on sick bed for my colon cancer but I want everything about my project to be done before I get discharged, hope you can handle that for me?"

Dan
Post 20 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
I told them that I was going to report them to Zillow as Fraudulent activity and never heard back from them
Post 21 IP   flag post
101631 21 21
This topic is archived. Start new topic?