Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 488 Unique Visitors
9,045 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 33,567 Page Views | 18,421 Unique Visitors | 26 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
360AdviceCamerasTips

Any idea how this tripod is remote controlled (for Theta Z1)?13326

3D Renderings
AEC Elevation Drawings
Montreal, Québec
ArchimedStudio private msg quote post Address this user
https://videos.virtualapt.com/creoffice/

I want one of these!

Matt
Post 1 IP   flag post
3D Renderings
AEC Elevation Drawings
Montreal, Québec
Well, I got my answer as to who is offering this technology/service : https://virtualapt.com/

Anybody know more and/or know a similar way to remote control a tripod around?
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Video: Greenway Tower | 360° Tour | 30mn Loop | Video courtesy of VirtualAPT Corp. YouTube Channel | 27 January 2020

@ArchimedStudio

Great find. silky smooth: no photographer! Cool!

The video that you shared looks like the video (above) which was created by VirtualAPT Corp in January 2020.

Two years ago, I posted these videos (below) in the WGAN Forum in this WGAN Forum discussion:

WSJ: VirtualAPT 3D/VR Robot Gets $1 SQ FT

--

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanSmigrod

Hi All,

You are not charging enough. If you don't ask, you don't get ...

The Wall Street Journal Manson's cover story today (Friday, 23 June 2017) about "Homes Purchased Sight Unseen" reports:

"VirtualAPT, a Brooklyn-base technology company that launched last year, invented a robot that films virtual tours in 3-D. The robot records a real-estate agent guiding a tour of a property, as though showing it to a live person, and produces a video within 15 minutes, said chief executive Bryan Colin."

"Today, 3-D tours are more commonly seen on high-end listings that have larger marketing budgets. Mr. Colin's tours cost $1 per square foot, so a 3,000 square-foot home would cost the real estate agent $3,000 ..."

--

Pick up a dozen copies of The Wall Street Journal today (Friday, 23 June 2017), to share with agents when you get push back on pricing.

Take a look at the videos (above). What do you think? (And, will a robot replace us?)

Best,

Dan

We Get Around Network Forum Related Posts

WSJ: Offers on Homes Purchased Sight Unseen
WSJ: VirtualAPT 3D/VR Robot Gets $1 SQ FT
Sotheby's: 10% of Listings Include 3D Tour

Dan
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
P.S. My birthday is coming up
Post 4 IP   flag post
Binny private msg quote post Address this user
The two options I have found but limited info on are adding tripod to an rca car or drone.
Post 5 IP   flag post
3D Renderings
AEC Elevation Drawings
Montreal, Québec
Or this :

Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
I am currently looking for building a platform that can carry a 360 camera and can be controlled remotely. If you need a relatively cheap solution that comes assembled and can carry a camera and a tripod without tripping over something like this will do it.

clickable text

if you good at electronics and programming you can extend it to whatever you want..put an extra camera for visual navigation, make autonomous VSLAM navigation for auto mapping, put a LiDAR for collecting depth data on it and built your own virtual tour system.

the good thing about this robot it is quite big, heavy and can carry 20-30kg payload. There are even once you can ride on but they are usually $2000 and more.

other cheaper but less expandable options(apart from #4):
1)kids ride on car with a remote control. They are quite big to carry a camera but may be hard to make them smaller for internal use and without all wistless and a body that a toy car comes with.
2)mobility chair(not scooter) These are usually perfect size but they need a remote control functionality to be added. Brand new are quite expensive but you can find a used one for $300-500
3)some auto balancing scooter/boards
4)or just look for good wheels, motors and controllers and build your own robot chassis and then built on its base using an Arduino, Raspberry systems. It may save you paying a lot for a pre-build and assembled robot like the tank on the link above.
5)you may explore an option with an RC car but they usually come with too flimsy chassis to use them as something that can carry a tripod and a camera.

BTW, after I bought a 4K monitor I started noticing that most custom built tours are crashing with its resolution. That's what is happening with the tour on the link in this topic. As soon as I click play the screen becomes black and nothing can be done from there.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Fmarta private msg quote post Address this user
I am working with a robot vacum
You can control with aún ir remote and go smooth and is big
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman
I am currently looking for building a platform that can carry a 360 camera and can be controlled remotely. If you need a relatively cheap solution that comes assembled and can carry a camera and a tripod without tripping over something like this will do it.

@Wingman

Very exciting! Please keep us posted! Wondering if it should be a drone for mapping interiors instead of a platform?

@Fmarta

it! Can you share a photo, video and/or tour created with your robotic vacuum cleaner mashed up with 360 capture?

Is this helpful regarding a mash-up of a robotic vacuum cleaner and 360 capture? I posted it to the WGAN Forum about six months ago:

Is using a robotic vacuum cleaner an option for creating floor plans?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanSmigrod

Screen Grab: Scan created with the DEEBOT 900 Series robotic vacuum cleaner.

DEEBOT 900 robotic vacuum cleaner. Image courtesy of EcoVacs.

Hi All,

While you may be sheltering in place during the pandemic, perhaps your real estate agent - or their home seller - can send you a screen grab of the floor plan created with a robotic vacuum cleaner (like the image above created with the DEEBOT 900 robotic vacuum cleaner "with Smart Navi Mapping and Navigation Technology."

"DEEBOT can scan and map your living space to give you customizable cleaning choices. As well being controllable via smart home system, DEEBOT 900 provides you a better experience and cleaner floors beneath your feet," says the ECOVACS website.

Then, send the floor plan to a 3rd Party Service that creates 2D or 3D schematic floor plans.

List of 3rd Party Service Add Ons You Can Offer Without Leaving Home

I am not suggesting that you buy a robotic vacuum cleaner to gather scan data. That said, if the home seller or real estate agent has a robotic vacuum cleaner that creates a floor plan, you may be able to MacGyver a solution during the coronavirus.

How else might you re-purpose the floor plan created with a robotic vacuum cleaner?

Best,

Dan

P.S. Another solution is to MacGyver a video tour of the home created with a video camera attached to robotic vacuum cleaner as I did with my "Neato-Cam" - a FLIP Video camera attached to the top of the Neato XV-11 Robotic Laser Vacuum Cleaner. Please see videos below.

Video: Neato XV-11 Robotic Laser Vacuum Cleaner - (Video 5 of 5)

Video: Neato XV-11 Robotic Laser Vacuum Cleaner: FLIP 'Neato-Cam' - (Video 3 of 5)

--

Best,

Dan
Post 9 IP   flag post
3D Renderings
AEC Elevation Drawings
Montreal, Québec
@Fmarta I was also thinking about this avenue. Can you share photos of your setup?
It's not so much to create a Matterport tour while I stay seated on the couch sipping margarita and controlling the vacuum remotely. It's more to create a 360 video walkthrough.

What's the top speed and are the wheels big enough to move around in an uneven concrete warehouse (for example)?

Thanks!
Post 10 IP   flag post
101587 10 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?