Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 488 Unique Visitors
9,045 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 33,567 Page Views | 18,421 Unique Visitors | 26 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
MarketingSight Unseen

WSJ: Offers on Homes Purchased Sight Unseen4872

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

Hi All,

This is encouraging news for all of us.

The Wall Street Journal - in a cover story in its Mansion section reports today (Friday, 23 June 2017):

"'Sight unseen' offers on family homes are on the rise, according to Redfin, a national real-estate brokerage. In a survey of 1,334 recent home buyers in 11 major metropolitan markets, 33% said they had made an offer on at least one house 'sight unseen.' In previous surveys, Redfin found that about 20% of buyers aid they had bid on houses they had never seen."

Much of the article is about 3D tours, though Matterport does not get mentioned.

---

I encourage you to buy several copies of The Wall Street Journal for your in-person presentations.

It's a great counter-point to:

"it's all about our relationship."
"Buyers need to fall in love in person."
"3D Tours don't make a difference."
"I do not want to lose control of the relationship."

You get the idea.

Other thoughts about how you might uses this article in your marketing?

Best,

Dan

P.S. Props to my wife whom said I had to read this article before breakfast ...

We Get Around Network Forum Related Posts

WSJ: Offers on Homes Purchased Sight Unseen
WSJ: VirtualAPT 3D/VR Robot Gets $1 SQ FT
Sotheby's: 10% of Listings Include 3D Tour

Post 1 IP   flag post
Networker private msg quote post Address this user
@DanSmigrod Great find. Kudos to your wife. Here is the digital version of the article to send out via email to agents and brokers. Enjoy! See the article here.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Helen private msg quote post Address this user
@DanSmigrod I have had homes sell from service I offer and also have had offers made without ever entering the home.
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@Helen

Thanks great!

Can you share a few points about each?

1. How Much and How Big?
2. How did the buyer lead develop?
3. Other storytelling?

Storytelling is a great way Forum Members can succeed faster.

Thanks,

Dan
Post 4 IP   flag post
Helen private msg quote post Address this user
I also have had people that have decided not to sell their home after seeing my presentation, they saw their home in a new light and realized that it was great.
That is not something I advertise though as it is not good for business. lol, One time it was the realtors parents that decided not to sell after seeing it. She was happy we did such a great job but a little disappointed in not being able to sell the house.

One of the ones that sold was from an out of province buyer moving to Ontario. When the market was real hot there were many homes that had offers made after seeing the presentation on the internet, one was within a hour of putting it up. Needless to say the realtor was amazed! This person lost out to a higher offer but the realtor was very happy.
These were all from video, I have not been told this has happened to one of my clients that do Matterport yet. But then again they don't always tell us.
Post 5 IP   flag post
HarlanHambright private msg quote post Address this user
My tours have been responsible for 3 such sales, one in 2 days. The problem is how to get the MP link into the eyes of the potential out-of-town purchasers.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Property3dNZ private msg quote post Address this user
This has happened with a scan of mine!

An amazing lady who was on Masterchef NZ (consequently a bit famous here in NZ) and has gone on to do bit things was in Australia setting up her business.

Her husband went and viewed the home absolutely loved it. The house got a pre auction offer and the auction was brought forward - this meant both of them were going to be out of the country! She viewed the scan and also loved the home so consequently the rest is history!
They were phone bidders on the day of the auction. They won it and she purchased the home without even stepping through the door!
Post 7 IP   flag post
101587 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?