Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 1,001 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 33,924 Page Views | 18,799 Unique Visitors | 24 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
MonopodRicoh Theta Z1Tripod

Wich tripod for the Ricoh Z1 ?12684

FXS private msg quote post Address this user
Hello,

I would like to know if anyone knows of a tripod that is stable enough for shooting outdoors, when there is wind, with the Ricoch Theta Z1 ?

Currently, I use a monopod with a counterweight from Bushmann Panoramic (the Busmann monopod V2). I am in the North of France, a very windy region, even in good weather and in summer. The counterweight is not sufficient for me; the branches of the monopod "separate" over time.

I have too a Vanguard tripod which is much more stable, but the problem with this tripod is that it takes up a lot of space in the Nadir and that I have to spend too much time retouching each 360 degree photograph.

The Z1, on the other hand, is much stronger than other Ricoh cameras. In the past I broke a Ricoh M15 camera (the first Ricoh cameras, I believe) and badly damaged the Theta S.

Despite the Bushmann V2's counterweight, my Z1 once fell on gravel (small mark on the one of the objectives, but without consequence), once on a concrete dike (I was very scared!) .. But nothing happened.
And yesterday she fell on sand ... the camera beeped and suddenly turned off. But it restarted well and I was able to continue my photos -despite the wind- by reducing the height of the monopod.

But these repeated drops are not ideal, especially for a camera at this price point compared to the Theta S.
On the other hand, I protect it well with a soft silicone case and always put it in a Holaca hard case to protect it from the sand.

Do you have a tripod to recommend for outdoor photos that would take up less space at the nadir?

Note: I saw on Amazon a counterbalance apparently adaptable to all tripods for Theta, but there must be a price error, because it is indicated at almost 8000 € !! ??? ()

Sorry for my imperfect english ...
Thank you

FX
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Hello FXS,

Welcome to the WGAN Forum.

Any of the following helpful?

9 Tripods/Monopods to Consider for Your 360º 1-Click Camera

Dan
Post 2 IP   flag post
FXS private msg quote post Address this user
Hello Dan,

Thank you very much for all of this clarification ! Dan.

FX
Post 3 IP   flag post
PaulM private msg quote post Address this user
I've been using this - clickable text

it's 4' and the base is 15"

I'm also looking at a mike stand with a weighted circular base
Post 4 IP   flag post
101707 4 4
This topic is archived. Start new topic?