Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,033 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 40 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AdviceAutosCamerasCarScanning

Virtual tours for cars12213

WGAN
Standard
Cayman Islands
Harrycayman private msg quote post Address this user
Hi

Any WGAN do virtual tours for cars? if so what camera are you using . Matterport Pro is to big and tripod wont fit.
also is it car dealerships that are your prime customers or others?

harry
Post 1 IP   flag post
CharlesHH private msg quote post Address this user
I did a Porsche CAYMAN the other day....

Actually it was the new Taycan electric one.

I squeezed my Matterport and tripod in and did one interior scan with 2 legs on back seat and third leg on centre console.

It was part of a Porsche dealership.

I have seen some very cool car stuff done with a smaller 360 camera but sadly cannot remember where. Check out the Facebook User group I think it was there.
The classic car market would probably be best.
Post 2 IP   flag post
izoneguy private msg quote post Address this user
Motorhome tour shot with Z1

https://ths.li/jrvPqs
Post 3 IP   flag post
ahojman private msg quote post Address this user
I combined Matterport camera out of the cars and insta one X insiide them, but quality with low lights was not good in my opinion. If you have time, I would recommend use Matterport camera always. Insta camera inside cars were lost (confused) also.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Bratislavska, Slovakia
JanHamorsky private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Harry, I did a few tours for dealerships, but they are not my prime customers. I combined MP Pro2 with Theta Z1 for car interiors.

Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Cayman Islands
Harrycayman private msg quote post Address this user
Hi

was thinking the Z1 would be best option to add to matterport for cars and boats .

I have done some larger boats with matterport but its tricky being outside and had to go after sunset to finish some decks.which makes the walk thru different but you do get a cool dollhouse effect
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Buffalo, New York
GETMYVR private msg quote post Address this user
White room, Matterport outside 8 Shots, Z1 inside: front seat, center console, passenger seat, rear seat center. I haven't done it yet, but that's how I would. I have taken 10,000+ pictures of cars in my previous life. Just my 2ยข

I sold cars for over 20 years but in the internet department. People like to see what all the buttons are on the steering wheel, instrument cluster, then what's at the center of the dashboard, since it's the control station. Adding matter tags to each of the essential elements of those would truly help car shoppers.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Huntington, NY
vtg360 private msg quote post Address this user
Nice work @JanHamorsky. Love how you incorporated the models in various areas of the showroom. Great example!
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Bratislavska, Slovakia
thanks @vtg360
Post 9 IP   flag post
ahojman private msg quote post Address this user
This is the example combining Matterport Camera and Insta 360 One X:

And here you can find more tools like combination with roundme.com inside the DS7 SUV:
Post 10 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Buffalo, New York
GETMYVR private msg quote post Address this user
So having been a digital marketing director for a car dealership I can tell you that the tour itself is excellent.

Where dealers are losing it by the fact that the matter tag was for a specific example car and it prompted the viewer to reserve a test drive... However when you click on the link it just goes to a general contact form and not an actual scheduler for that specific vehicle.

This is an area where dealers are continuing to fail by advertising a vehicle and dumping people either on the homepage or in a general form.

Ideally the link should go to a landing page illuminating the features and benefits of that specific vehicle then gathering basic information from them and offering to schedule the test drive then in there.

Nothing against the virtual tour guy it's just that the dealer marketing expert is still missing the boat.

Perhaps you can go back to the dealer and say hey I got a better idea.. And tell them what I said.
Post 11 IP   flag post
junior private msg quote post Address this user
JanHamorsky nicely done!

In the front seat using the Z1;
1. Where did you put the camera (seat/consul)?
2. Did you use a small tripod or Bushman weight?
3. What tools did you use to get rid of the area under the camera?

Just excellent work a pleasure to experience, Jim
Post 12 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Bratislavska, Slovakia
Hi @junior,

I mostly placed the camera on the floor between the front and rear seats and tilted it forward towards the dashboard, between the front seats. I used an Insta360 invisible selfie stick with a small tripod. And to remove the tripod I use Affinity Photo editing software: Live projection / equirectangular projection / inpainting brush tool...

Best, Jan
Post 13 IP   flag post
101421 13 13
This topic is archived. Start new topic?