Matterport Capture Services: Dan Smigrod Recommendations | Part 411753
96035 4 4
|DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user|
|Video: We Get Around Network Founder Dan Smigrod was - once upon a time - Matterport's biggest fan. (Note: WGAN Forum was formerly known as the Matterport User Group Forum) WGAN Forum Metrics Today | Video courtesy of Barrie Fisher | 23 May 2016 at IVRPA in Quebec City, Canada.
Video: Top 10 Hail Mary Plays of All Time! | NFL | Video courtesy of NFL YouTube Channel | 4 December 2015
Matterport Capture Services: Dan Smigrod Recommendations | Part 4
In Part 3 of Matterport Capture Services: Dan Smigrod Recommendations - I promised in Part 4 to talk about how Matterport investors might still salvage their investment in Matterport, help Matterport reach its full-potential and win back the hearts of Matterport Service Providers.
That's a tall order given that Matterport Shoots Self in Foot Again (and Matterport Service Providers) . Had Matterport bought or invested in GeoCV, it would have dodged having to do the following Hail Mary pass.
The Matterport Capture Services Program is a disastrous strategy that will result in earthquake-size unintended consequences. As I wrote in Part 3:
In the long run – Matterport would scale faster – working with photography agencies and companies to offer Matterport at scale.
By competing with these (and many more) photography agencies and companies, it is likely that some – if not all – will:
✓ stop offering Matterport as a solution
✓ start offering competing 3D/360 solutions
I recommend that the Matterport Board of Directors take the following action:
Acquire - or merge with - Occipital for three reasons:
1. acquire Occipital spatial computing tech
2. acquire its tech team
3. acquire GeoCV Co-Founder and CEO Anton Yakubenko and GeoCV Co-Founder and CTO Gleb Krivovyaz
Promote Anton Yakubenko to Matterport CEO: Matterport Service Providers will cheer!
1. end the Materport versus GeoCV lawsuit (Matterport should have bought or invested in GeoCV)
2. enable the GeoCV Kit (smartphone + rotator) to create Matterport Tours
3. All individual cameras sold must use an affiliate code from an existing Matterport Service Provider. Photographers have an incentive to do demos and either the client buys a camera or engage the Matterport Service Provider
4. All Matterport sales people redirect potential customers to take a test drive with an existing Matterport Service Provider. Then, use the MSPs affiliate code to buy a camera or engage the Pro going forward [Matterport in-house sales team rewarded by MSP camera sales + MSP scanning volume]
5. Matterport Capture Services will stop. Instead, Matterport will nurture photography agencies and companies to offer one order / multiple markets. In the long run, having multiple photography agencies and companies offer one order/multiple markets will grow the demand beyond just Matterport offering this service. Plus, it will provide a better customer experience.
6. Help create demand for Matterport 24/7 Open House Virtual Tours by marketing to potential home sellers
7. Focus on helping Matterport Service Providers make the most money (not be in a position of wanting to pay the least amount of money)
8. Help the Matterport team obsess in helping the customer: not in meeting sales quotas for selling cameras
Anton will likely implement his original GeoCV strategy; now with Matterport:
1. offer a white-label version of Matterport for Matterport Service Providers (additional charge)
2. enable self hosting (special pricing)
3. offer an option to opt-in for derivative works (shared revenue opportunity with Matterport Service Providers)
4. enable publishing to other 3D/360 Open House Virtual Tour platforms (shoot once; publish many places)
5. enable highest resolution downloading of 360 photo spheres
6. offer unlimited hosting (charge for processing)
7. photographer owns the copyright. Period.
8. Platform is camera agnostic
By acquiring and promoting Anton Yakubenko to Matterport CEO, Matterport will:
✓ win back the hearts and minds of photographers that are ready to bolt for another platform
✓ move to open platform from closed platform: open platforms always win
✓ have a better roadmap for its product
Ultimately, doing the above will:
✓ enable Matterport to achieve its potential for exponential growth
✓ enable investors to achieve their full ROI potential
✓ enable Matterport employees to be proud of their company
✓ win back the hearts of Matterport Service Providers (joined as a raving fan; but treated badly)
Matterport Capture Services: Dan Smigrod Recommendations | Part 5
In Matterport Capture Services: Dan Smigrod Recommendations | Part 5 - the week of 4 May – I will provide an example of how empowering companies and photography agencies to offer Matterport at scale – would result in a much-much-much better long-term strategy than competing with these channels.
What are your thoughts?
We Get Around Network and WGAN-TV
WGAN Forum Related Discussions
✓ Matterport Capture Services: Dan Smigrod Recommendations | Part 1
✓ I Apologize. I Made a Big Mistake.
✓ Matterport Capture Services: Dan Smigrod Recommendations | Part 2
✓ Matterport Capture Services: Dan Smigrod Recommendations | Part 3
✓ Matterport Capture Services: Dan Smigrod Recommendations | Part 4
✓ WGAN Forum discussions tagged: Matterport Competes with MSPs
✓ WGAN Forum discussions tagged: Matterport Capture Services Program
|Post 1 IP flag post|
|Noddy private msg quote post Address this user|
|Great strategy Dan!
I hope Matterport takes notice and acts on it,
Thankyou for your great insight and grasp of the industry!
|Post 2 IP flag post|
|JuMP private msg quote post Address this user|
|@DanSmigrod Your recommdations to Matterport is so good to MSPs, but it is too outstripped to be accepted by Matterport's management team.
I have below moderate suggestion that Matterport should separate current Matterport business to two levels.
1st level: low level for that want to make a tour at lowest cost.
Use Matterport Capture Services with 360 pano cameras to cover this level;
2nd level: high end level for that want to get a good or best tour at a reasonable cost.
Let current MSPs who own a Matterport Pro or Pro2 or Leica BLK360 to take the business as what they do from history till now.
Protect MSP's investment and profit.
Work with world wide parterns network such as WGAN to help customers find level 2 MSPs.
Make white label and password protected or pay per view showcase solution to level 2.
Provide sales commission to MSPs who can sale Pro2 to new MSPs.
Pull the old account mode back (Charge process, free at hundreds storage).
|Post 3 IP flag post|
This topic is archived. Start new topic?