Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,033 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 40 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
GeoCVNewsOccipitalSpatial ComputingStructure Sensor

[BREAKING] GeoCV team joins Occipital10213

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Inman (2 October 2019) GeoCV winding down operations, tech team joins spatial computing firm
Post 26 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Chicago
rzphotoman private msg quote post Address this user
Another one Bites the Dust! So glad I didn't buy in.
Post 27 IP   flag post
rafrenteria98 private msg quote post Address this user
Howdy,

I made this video last week about Occipital’s Acqui-hire - most of the information is from this particular thread so there isn’t much new information. My thinking is that if anyone has anything else to say on the matter that they may want to express more publicly or help out my audience, the comment section may be the place to do that. All feedback / comments / corrections are welcome. Have a good one!

clickable text
Post 28 IP   flag post
rammultimedia private msg quote post Address this user
It is sad, RIP
Post 29 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Hi All,

Multiple WGAN Members have express interest in buying a GeoCV Kit in the WGAN Private Group for Buying-Selling Used Camera Gear.

So far, no GeoCV Kits have been listed for sale in this WGAN Private Group.

Join this WGAN Private Group: Buy-Sell Used Cameras (and Related Gear) (No charge for WGAN Basic, Standard and Premium Members whom can Private Message me to be added.)

Best,

Dan

11 am ET Tuesday, 14 January 2020
Post 30 IP   flag post

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Hi All,

Another WGAN Forum Member - seeking to buy a GeoCV Kit - joined the WGAN Private Group today (15 January 2020) for buying/selling used gear.

So far, no GeoCV Kits have been listed for sale in this WGAN Private Group.

Join this WGAN Private Group: Buy-Sell Used Cameras (and Related Gear) (No charge for WGAN Basic, Standard and Premium Members whom can Private Message me to be added.)

Dan
Post 31 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Chicago
Not sure why anyone would even consider a used piece of obsolete equipment.
Post 32 IP   flag post
Tosolini
Productions
Bellevue, Washington
Tosolini private msg quote post Address this user
@rzphotoman I think GeoCV can still make money for somebody. Assume you get a kit for $3K which unlocks some projects for $10K that MP couldn't do. The obsolete device made you $7K. Sometimes a short term game can still be profitable.
Post 33 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by rzphotoman

Hi @rzphotoman ...

Interestingly, all but one of the requests to buy a GeoCV Kit are from existing GeoCV Kit owners.

That speaks volumes. Hopefully, existing GeoCV Kit owners will jump in on this discussion to add their perspective ...

Happy New Year!

Dan

P.S. Like @Tosolini says ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tosolini
@rzphotoman I think GeoCV can still make money for somebody. Assume you get a kit for $3K which unlocks some projects for $10K that MP couldn't do. The obsolete device made you $7K. Sometimes a short term game can still be profitable.
Post 34 IP   flag post
Convrts private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Quote:
Originally Posted by DanSmigrod
Quote:

Hi @rzphotoman ...

Interestingly, all but one of the requests to buy a GeoCV Kit are from existing GeoCV Kit owners.

That speaks volumes. Hopefully, existing GeoCV Kit owners will jump in on this discussion to add their perspective ...

Happy New Year!

Dan

P.S. Like @Tosolini says ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tosolini

Hi Dan and interested parties!

I'm one of the people currently using GeoCV and wanting to buy another kit.
While I don't want to add to the list of people wanting one by extolling it's virtues, I'll just say that it's not obsolete ... I am currently using it to create tours which are processed by GeoCv and I then download them for self hosting so it is certain that none of my clients will ever have access to their tour compromised by a change in service agreement by a third party company who demand that they keep my data and host my tours.... can we all say that?? (judging by many MSP contracts I've seen, most of us have a caveat in the T&Cs that they cannot guarantee the tour will be accessible in the long term). My GeoCV customers don't have that in their contract.. the tour is theirs and not subject to the whims of a third party.

The tours look fantastic, can be white labelled, panos can be edited, pins content can be made bespoke with custom html, the obj files export really well.... I could go on but I think you get the idea that I like the system....

It's a different offer than our Matterport tours, which we still offer. They're very different systems and hopefully the courts will agree this soon!

Yes there's no human support any more and it's uncertain as to the long term situation but the processing is still excellent and I hope it continues as long as possible however if this is no longer the case in the near future... as previously discussed, this will not affect my clients tours as they are safe on our servers! At that point hopefully something else will have come along to offer alongside our Matterport system.

In the meantime, I'll continue the journey as long as I can.

Long live GeoCV!
Post 35 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Chicago
@Convrts The problem I see is that you while are creating great white label products with GeoCV, what do you say to all the clients that love that option when you no longer can produce it due to camera failure that can't be repaired. In believe that would upset any client. Hoping that something will come along to replace it in the future is not a good business model in my opinion.
Post 36 IP   flag post
Quote:
@Convrts The problem I see is that you while are creating great white label products with GeoCV, what do you say to all the clients that love that option when you no longer can produce it due to camera failure that can't be repaired. In believe that would upset any client. Hoping that something will come along to replace it in the future is not a good business model in my opinion.

@rzphotoman I appreciate your thoughts and concern for my business however, as a fellow MSP, all of our business models are based on a system over which we have absolutely no control and who's terms can be changed at any time without a second thought given to the time and effort we have put into building our businesses .... so we're all building castles in the sand here buddy
Post 37 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Los Angeles
Home3D private msg quote post Address this user
@rzphotoman - The reason that GeoCV kits are of interest only to past GeoCV users is that when the company ended new equipment sales, they also ended issuing new processing registrations. So, only creators who had already engaged with GeoCV are able to have new data sets processed into models for clients.

Yes, GeoCV users are in a very strange position, but speaking as one of them, the GeoCV system is so superior to MP that it’s still a pleasure to create in the ecosystem. Am I nervous when using it? Yeah a little. But artists like living on the edge. What do you want on your baguette, Velveeta or a ripe wedge from the centuries-old caves of Roquefort sur Soulzon? Bon appétit!
Post 38 IP   flag post
Omershamay private msg quote post Address this user
I offer my scanner for sale, turned on only once.
Post 39 IP   flag post
Emailed you Omershamay, Im actually not too far from Israel in 2 weeks so could come and buy it from you then if you still have it.
Post 40 IP   flag post
modularmind private msg quote post Address this user
@Omershamay Hi im trying to buy one as there are none in Australia. I have emailed you. @convrts I know you already have one but there are literally none in Australia and i am yet to get one as it was difficult to get one even though i was early to contact GeoCV. Has been a long road and would just really appreciate getting one if somebody has one. Or as Dan has mentioned to add to the Selling section.
Post 41 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
2 October 2019 (Inman) GeoCV winding down, tech team joins spatial computing firm
Post 42 IP   flag post
101421 42 17
This topic is archived. Start new topic?