Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Pro1Pro2Ricoh Theta Z1Versus

Ricoh Theta Z1 versus Matterport Pro1 versus Pro211659

rastas private msg quote post Address this user
I see... so you can "fly through" a space quicker perhaps if there's not spots showing every two feet....

got it. Specifically, I've seen some tours where in a commercial space there is a scan done in a doorframe leading to a huge 10,000 square foot warehouse for example - and the camera never goes inside, but just views the space.

Is it okay to do that kind of techinique sometimes? Just show the room, peek at it, but not actually go inside?
Post 26 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
lilnitsch private msg quote post Address this user
@rastas

That would be client/space dependent ~ there is no simple yes or no right or wrong answer
Post 27 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Buffalo, New York
GETMYVR private msg quote post Address this user
@rastas In the workshop I'll be able to remove redundant scan points, label rooms, set up my highlight reel movie, extract about 50 or so nice images for her MLS listing, complete the details with MLS, and send the agent branded, unbranded, and MLS links.
Post 28 IP   flag post
MarkC private msg quote post Address this user
Please explain branded, unbranded, and MLS links. I'm just getting started and have done a free tour using Kuula and a Theta SC2 while waiting for my back-ordered Z1 to arrive. Thanks.
Post 29 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
@MarkC

Most MLS’s in the US require a “non-branded” version of the virtual tour so, that if another agent shares the tour with their clients the listing agents contact info isn’t on the tour
Post 30 IP   flag post

MarkC private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks for the reply. I'm talking to the agent about that now. She has an example of a YouTube video that shows branding. Since I do video I understand how to brand a video. How are 360 tours commonly branded?
Post 31 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by @lilnitsch
@rastas

Hiding redundant scan positions will make for a better flowing tour and a more pleasant experience for the end user

@lilnitsch

Your post inspired this WGAN Forum Question of the Day:

Question of the Day: Do you hide scans before delivering Matterport Tours?

While many of us likely think - "Well, of course we hide scans to make for a better walk around experience" ... I could imagine that many Matterport Service Providers keep their pricing low by not hiding scans (and not trimming models).

Dan
Post 32 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
@MarkC

Every MLS varies a bit on their rules & regulations. Not all of them support video either. I am in and out of 7 MLS’s and on 2 of them support video in addition to a virtual tour.

I provide links to videos & Matterport tour links but, I also provide a single property website with all the assets
Post 33 IP   flag post
GFHoge private msg quote post Address this user
As an MSP, Ricoh Z1 user (learning) and real estate broker, I caution all who do tours for agents to make sure you don't get the signage or any of their branded material (car magnetic sign) in the scans or 360 photos as they will be called out by the MLS.

I have used the WGAN partner WP3D models to put tours together as Branded and Unbranded. It has worked perfectly and now can use the 3DVista space to populate as well. Great free platform for WGAN members.

We still haven't found a simple way to get the Matterport Tour on YouTube yet. We have had to do a work around to create a loop playback of a builder's model. 3DVista has made it much simpler, however.

All the best in your new career and Thank YOU @lilnitsch for your insightful and helpful comments.
Post 34 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @GFHoge
We still haven't found a simple way to get the Matterport Tour on YouTube yet. We have had to do a work around to create a loop playback of a builder's model. 3DVista has made it much simpler, however.

Have you tried MatterVids to convert your Matterport 3D Tour to a video? MatterVids uses your Matterport Highlight Reel to automatically create a silky smooth video.

Free! Butter Smooth Video from your Matterport (Free Instagram Version too)

Plus, as a WGAN Premium Member, you get your first Matterport MatterVid free via WGAN Rebate.

MatterVids: Videos Made from Matterport 3D Tours-->How to Get The Free Use

Dan

P.S. MatterVids by: @ArtisticConcepts
Post 35 IP   flag post
NPerkins private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanSmigrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by @GFHoge

Have you tried MatterVids to convert your Matterport 3D Tour to a video? MatterVids uses your Matterport Highlight Reel to automatically create a silky smooth video.

Free! Butter Smooth Video from your Matterport (Free Instagram Version too)

Plus, as a WGAN Premium Member, you get your first Matterport MatterVid free via WGAN Rebate.

MatterVids: Videos Made from Matterport 3D Tours-->How to Get The Free Use

Dan

P.S. MatterVids by: @ArtisticConcepts

Thanks for posting this as it was something I was wondering was available! Reviewing it doesn’t seem as silky smooth with a lot of artifacts in their example videos. Do you know if that is just a style choice and if that can be disabled?

Other than that honestly really considering it!

Nick
Post 36 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@NPerkins

Thanks for your question.

@ArtisticConcepts

Can you reply to the following about your MatterVids (Matterport to video) service?

Quote:
Originally Posted by @NPerkins
Reviewing it doesn’t seem as silky smooth with a lot of artifacts in their example videos. Do you know if that is just a style choice and if that can be disabled?

Thanks,

Dan
Post 37 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Los Angeles
Home3D private msg quote post Address this user
I don't believe 3DVista has a component for creating floor plans, but an externally created floor plan can be incorporated to a 3DVista tour for both display and navigation. I know as I've done it.

I'm soon going to try making a floor plan with CubiCasa and adding it. No reason it shouldn't work.
Post 38 IP   flag post
GFHoge private msg quote post Address this user
I wonder if the new LiDAR on the iPad Pro would be able to create floor plans?
Post 39 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Los Angeles
Home3D private msg quote post Address this user
From what I'm told, the answer is "Yes". Not ready yet, but one developer is working on it. Expectation is that it will improve measurement accuracy, though not necessarily to Matterport / GeoCV level of 99% because the Apple lidar has a big mesh. We shall see.
Post 40 IP   flag post
101436 40 15
This topic is archived. Start new topic?