Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 39 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Hide ScansMuseumsQuestionsWorkflow

Question of the Day: Do you hide scans before delivering Matterport Tours?11700

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

The WGAN Forum Question of the Day for Tuesday, 28 April 2020:

Do you hide scans before delivering Matterport Tours?

Best,

Dan

This Question of the Day was inspired by the following post in this WGAN Forum discussion:

Ricoh Theta Z1 versus Matterport Pro1 versus Pro2

Quote:
Originally Posted by @lilnitsch
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilnitsch
@rastas

Hiding redundant scan positions will make for a better flowing tour and a more pleasant experience for the end user

Post 1 IP   flag post
photosintheround private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Dan,

I always hide scans. I usually take more scans than I need, so that there is more data for the dollhouse, etc. Also, sometimes, I just accidentally take an a scan that is too close to another scan.
Before I send out the tour, I do my own walk-through and make sure there is a good flow.

Last week, I hid scans for an entire room that I wanted for the doll house, but, the homeowner was using for storing things.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @photosintheround
Last week, I hid scans for an entire room that I wanted for the doll house, but, the homeowner was using for storing things.

Yes. I've done that. Get the dollhouse view, but prevent the walk around of the stored stuff.

Dan
Post 3 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
@DanSmigrod after four years of using camera and knowing the software capabilities I always hide scans. I will scan right in the threshold of the door knowing the software will have an issue stitching the photos. I know these will not be used but knowing it will speed up time on job. If I am doing work for a contractor knowing that I am looking for a good point cloud generated by Matterport I will over scan but the release end products has a lot fewer scans. Also an extremely large open spaces I will over scan turning some off. If I know the agent is only going to use extracted photos from the tour for there MLS listing I will over scan with some scans right next to the wall knowing I am only going to extract the photos then turn them off because these would not make for a good walk thru.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
lilnitsch private msg quote post Address this user
Sometimes the scan positions are just to complete the dollhouse or if ordering floor plans to complete the plan.

This particular project this was being shot for a floor plan take off for a remodel project

Post 5 IP   flag post
GFHoge private msg quote post Address this user
Thank you for the tips you all provide us on this site. This is one reason why the WGAN is so invaluable.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Cincinnati, OH
leonherbert private msg quote post Address this user
Yep I hide scans, I will scan right in front of a mirror so I can collect detail of a sink etc. It's just so the dollhouse looks good.
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
I hide the scans that I do just to remove black spots and try to leave only those required for a normal walkthrough. Usually it is about 70-80% of all scans that are left and the rest are hidden.
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by leonherbert
Yep I hide scans, I will scan right in front of a mirror so I can collect detail of a sink etc. It's just so the dollhouse looks good.

I do it to too and for all sinks including the one in kitchen. I just do not like that black void inside a sink so in kitchen I usually do two on both sides of the sink to make sure there is no or very little black void left. These two I always do and hide.
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@photosintheround
@ron0987
@GFHoge
@lilnitsch
@leonherbert
@Wingman

I could imagine that some Matterport Service Provides keep their pricing down by not hiding scans at all.

Hi All,

I would love to hear from someone that does not hide scans (and why).

For those that prefer someone else to improve the walk around experience by hiding scans, CAPTUR3D offers this service.

Dan
Post 10 IP   flag post
101421 10 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?