Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Google Street ViewGSVMatterportMatterport EcosystemMatterport SupportProblemsTrouble

Google Street View and Matterport ???????????10830

Cincinnati, OH
leonherbert private msg quote post Address this user
So what is up with Matterport and Google Street View.

I can believe that a service provider like Matterport cannot sort out a problem with google with publishing of Street View. If I have a way to get hold of google street view I believe they should have a phone number or access to higher levels of google.

Someone said this has been a problem since November.

Matterport support told me don't worry we will publish as soon as the problem is fixed. Whaaaaaat !

Hi client, Matterport said that at some time in the future (weeks,months,years) we will resume publishing to Google.

This does not cut it.

PS Am I going to be charged at the end of this month for this honor.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Wonderdawg private msg quote post Address this user
Wondering the same; I know Google has had some issues with AI and API settings affecting panos outside of Matterport.
I may have to resort to hacking the system by downloading 360s and importing to the Google dashboard. Thoughts?
Post 2 IP   flag post
Cincinnati, OH
@Wonderdawg Can definitely do that but you loose the placement of the images in the process( they are not geolocated), if you have a few hundred images and floors, this becomes a problem. Within MpEmbed you can download all the images in one go.

You can definitely do this if you have a few images or are very determined
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Bon Secour, Alabama
Chemistrydoc private msg quote post Address this user
I think Matterport needs to put aside work on logos and rebranding using "Digital Twins" and focus on technical competence and making sure that everything WORKS, especially because we are PAYING FOR IT!

This totally ruins my business plan for the year - I'm not going to solicit a pile of tour work at businesses if I have no convenient way to get them into the GSV environment.

Simply inexcusable -if the problem is on the Google side of things, then they need to press Google for an answer that they can give us other than "crickets" and "shoulder shrugs". Simply inexcusable. At very least, every MSP who is a Google Trusted should get a rebate and an apology.

Keith
Post 4 IP   flag post
Astroprojector private msg quote post Address this user
The issue is on the google side. I tried Panoskin and they also display a warning message stating that panos maybe rejected during upload. Panoskin, however, provide a temporary workaround, but they do not guarantee the results.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Fast Start
Websites
Peterborough, United Kingdom
angusnorriss private msg quote post Address this user
So how does anyone publish to GSV at the moment?
Post 6 IP   flag post
The Matterport disabled the feature because publishing will fail. I tried 3 times before it publishing to GSV was disabled and 3 times it failed. I could see the scans on the businesses page, but several were rejected. If a provider like Panoskin, allows to publish, you can publish but there is no guarantee that all scans will be approved and linking will be correct.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Gerhard private msg quote post Address this user
Hopefully soon as it is the only thing that makes selling Matterport feasible at the moment, well at least for me.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Same for me. No point to show customers what it can do if GSV not working.
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Cayman Islands
Harrycayman private msg quote post Address this user
Hi

Anybody know when we can upload the virtual tours to Google maps. It says when you try . This service is temporarily Unavailable . Please try again.

Harry
Post 10 IP   flag post
Cincinnati, OH
Mine said that earlier, but the tour still ended up showing up. Did it show that after you had gone through the process of uploading?

My tour still appeared after I got the message. I would send a message to Matterport support. This has been ongoing since November, the more responses they get the better. It is supposedly a Google problem. With the talent at Google you would imagine they could fix a problem, that was not a problem before.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Cincinnati, OH
@Harrycayman above message was for you
Post 12 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Cayman Islands
Harrycayman private msg quote post Address this user
Hi

I could not get the app to even try and upload
Post 13 IP   flag post
I called them couple of days ago. They still do not have timeline on when Google fix the issue.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Wonderdawg private msg quote post Address this user
I did a work around; go through each scan and export in the photo tab as a 360.
Take all your 360s into Lightroom, level if necessary and export to a larger size 9600x4800 as the file sizes are too small for Google to publish.
Use GoThru and import all your panos and moderate your tour. It’s a pain at 42 panos, but for an existing client, I had to deliver and bill the project.
If I had know that the feature was disabled coupled with Google’s breaking the maps feature with a buggy rollout of their AI feature set, I am now very hesitant on moving forward with any Google Street View publication.
It may get fixed; but I wouldn’t promise any Google Street View publication unless it was shot with the traditional dlsr / fisheye setup... and it’s still a crapshoot.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Cincinnati, OH
You can also use MPEmbed and export all pano's in one go, off course you have to have a license, but it is not expensive and it is a great app as well.

Another option to publish is Pano2vr, once you get the license (once off) all uploads to google street view are free and you can download and alter other tours in your account
Post 16 IP   flag post
All viable solutions. But Matterport should be on it like white on rice and actively looking for solutions. This is an important selling point for many of us. I tried Panoscan and they also have a warning that it might not work, but you can try.
Post 17 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
I would not submit to GSV through Matterport right now if you do not have any other tools like Pano2VR. The problem is if something goes wrong with publishing(some panos may be rejected) you will have to remove the whole tour and re-publish it again. And Matterport will charge you for it their GSV fee for the second time.

As if it is working or not, I have submitted a few blue lines in the last 7 days. Two long ones(about 0.65 miles in total) have been published ok. I did them and publish about a week ago. The last two short were published 3 days ago. One has gone well and works and the other one is completelly reversed(heading is 180 degree wrong).

I am going to go back and reshoot the reversed one, plus the 1 mile long path that I have screw up myself recording it not as a street view but as an unstitched video.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Standard
Sarasota, Florida
BlueImmersiveMedia private msg quote post Address this user
FYI - Google is posting updates to the Google Street View Forum. Looks like the last update was 1/29.

Google is claiming they are making headway... but, Im not hopeful yet. Once its fixed, Im assuming MP will still have to do "x" to make it work through the MP Interface.

M
Post 19 IP   flag post
Looks like Matterport enabled GSV upload. I did not try it yet, but will tomorrow.
Post 20 IP   flag post
Cincinnati, OH
@Astroprojector It must be because I complained to them again today
Post 21 IP   flag post
101421 21 21
This topic is archived. Start new topic?