Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,033 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AdvicebugCustomer ServiceScanningUrgent

Anyone Ever Encountered This Problem w Capture App?10394

WGAN
Standard
Bon Secour, Alabama
Chemistrydoc private msg quote post Address this user
So, the third Matterport scan of the day was at a place roughly 3 hours from my home base. The first two properties scanned with no incident. I opened the iPad Capture App at the third property as usual and was greeted with the error message: Cannot Migrate Data (Delete / Quit). WTF - seriously! Called MP emergency number - as expected, no response. Finally got a call over an hour later (when, as it turns out, it was too late).

The caller from tech support could not tell me why that happened, or if it would happen in the future, but told me that what I did basically wiped out all of the data on the iPad (including the earlier scans).

Can anyone offer any advice on how to prevent being hit by the Matterport Software Bug bus in the future?

This one just killed me...... Wouldn't hurt for tech support or customer service or whoever is left there to send out an email warning about this problem and what to do if it occurs.

Anyone?

Keith
Post 1 IP   flag post
Garnetwest private msg quote post Address this user
Whoah!!
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Bon Secour, Alabama
Whoah indeed. And not one tinker's damn given by MP.....

KF
Post 3 IP   flag post
Cincinnati, OH
leonherbert private msg quote post Address this user
@Chemistrydoc what firmware did you have on your iPad? Are you a beta tester?
Post 4 IP   flag post
Changesin3d private msg quote post Address this user
@Chemistrydoc I have seen Jonathan Buckley get things routed to the right places... I suggest that you try and send him a message here in public @Jwbuckl and maybe reach out to Chris Bell... I know they watch this site they are on here all the time.

If they can not service the product it will effect marketing to other people in the future right?
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Bon Secour, Alabama
@leonherbert

Latest build version of firmware - no not a beta tester.

@Changesin3D

I have sent emails to head of engineering (via tech support) and one to Mr Bell directly. I seriously doubt that I will ever hear anything.

Thanks,

Keith
Post 6 IP   flag post
Cincinnati, OH
@Chemistrydoc Did you update your firmware recently? There was a serious problem with the firmware 2 weeks back, Matterport had to send me a camera to replace mine. I know that there was a firmware update after that, I am hoping this did not cause the problem. Even though it sounds like the app.
Post 7 IP   flag post
San Francisco
Jwbuckl private msg quote post Address this user
@Chemistrydoc I am sorry for your troubles! I will route an email into my Support contact to see if there were any patterns in other support tickets. I have not heard of this occurring in other places, but please note that I do not work in Support so may be shielded from real-time call-in issues.
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Bon Secour, Alabama
@Jwbuckl -

It wasn't just the error message. It was the complete unavailability of your support staff at the moment, and up to one hour later (I waited that long before doing anything). And, the subsequent damages to me have been immense. Even though support is aware of all of this, I can't even get a phone call from the support manager.

You can bet that when the first real alternative to Matterport becomes available, based on this experience, I will certainly leave. This is a ridiculous way to treat a client who has been paying monthly / upload fees for quite a while.

Not a happy MSP here.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Cincinnati, OH
@Jwbuckl there has been discussion on this issue for the last few weeks (17 days)
Post 10 IP   flag post
101438 10 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?