Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 1,001 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 33,924 Page Views | 18,799 Unique Visitors | 25 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
CaseDropped CameraFirePro2RepairsWarranty

What's in your case.10039

Cincinnati, OH
leonherbert private msg quote post Address this user
So today I captured the inside of my Matterport Camera case as seen through an x ray machine.

Little did I know that this would be the last time I took a photograph of my camera whole. Yes I dropped it today. Kudo's to matterport, just the bottom and top plastic covers popped off after falling off the tripod and rolling down 6 stairs. I was still able to finish the job with the camera. Waiting for the replacement right now.

Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@leonherbert

Yikes! Can your Matterport Camera be re-calibrated?

If you have an Insta360 One X or Ricoh Theta V or Ricoh Theta Z1 ... this would be a good backup in a situation like this (to finish the job).

Dan
Post 2 IP   flag post
Cincinnati, OH
leonherbert private msg quote post Address this user
@DanSmigrod I have a theta V but I also have a backup Matterport from the company I am sub contracting too. It really sucks to see something you baby around crash to the ground. If anyone has wondered how the repair options work with Matterport here is a basic breakdown.

Matterport charges a minimum amount of USD$400 to diagnose and estimate the full repair costs. The USD$400 is charged regardless of whether you decide to repair the camera or not. If you decide to proceed with the camera repair, the US$400 amount will be applied to the repair.

If you decide to repair the camera, you will be charged the amount of the repair. If a replacement camera was provided as part of the repair process, you will keep the replacement camera provided.

If you decide to not repair the camera after an estimate is provided:

1. The minimum USD$400 charge will be processed and the camera will be returned to you.
2. You are responsible for returning any replacement camera provided while the repair estimate was being prepared. If the replacement camera is not returned to Matterport within 14 days after you decline to repair the camera, you will be charged the full retail price of the camera.

When you send the camera to Matterport for repair, please return the power supply and cord with your camera. If you have more than one power supply and cord, please include the power supply that was in use when the camera failed.

Thank you for your repair authorization. We're sorry for any inconvenience you may have had, and we appreciate your cooperation and patience while we resolve the issue.

We have created RMA- **** for the return of your damaged camera. Please wait for a replacement camera that we will send to you shortly. When you receive your replacement camera, use all the packing material and boxes to send the damaged camera back to Matterport. If the damaged camera is not received by Matterport within 30 days from the date the replacement camera was shipped, you will be billed for the retail price of the camera you received for a replacement.

Matterport charges a minimum amount of USD$400 to diagnose and estimate the full repair costs. The USD$400 is charged regardless of whether you decide to repair the camera or not. If you decide to proceed with the camera repair, the US$400 amount will be applied to the repair.

You are liable for the camera's condition during transit until it arrives at Matterport. Therefore, we strongly recommend you use secure packaging and shipping insurance. Pack the smaller camera box inside a large shipping box. Both boxes should be made of thick-sided cardboard and there should be at least 1 inch of crush space on all sides between the boxes. We recommend you use the shipping materials from the replacement camera to ship the defective one. We recommend a minimum shipping box size of 22"" x 17"" x 13"" inches (Metric: 56 x 44 x 33 cm, weight of 6.3 kg). Shipping weight will be approximately 14 pounds. See our Help Center for some photos of recommended packaging.

Please return the power supply and cord with your camera. If you have more than one power supply and cord, please include the power supply that was used with the camera, especially if there was a camera failure.

Be sure to get a shipping receipt and tracking number, to confirm your package was picked up, shipped, and delivered. Responsibility for the camera remains with you until it arrives at a Matterport office. Insurance is optional.

Once the camera is received at our warehouse, we will assess the damage, provide a quote for repairs and charge your credit card appropriately.

To save some time and get the camera on the way tell them how to send it to you. It makes a difference if you don't have a backup. Prices may change of course.

Ground (3-5 Business days) $45.00
2-day $115.00
Overnight $175.00
Post 3 IP   flag post
101720 3 3
This topic is archived. Start new topic?