Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 26 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
BugMatterportMatterport WorkshopMuseumsProblems

Issues with Matterport hard links within mattertags.9694

Cincinnati, OH
leonherbert private msg quote post Address this user
Just as a FYI, don't promise clients that you can link to other locations within a tour using hard links.

There is a bug, and it just will not work. Matterport is aware of it, but have not produced a solution for it. I reported it on June 11 and when I tried to link locations within the same tour today it was not working. It takes you to the same location every time. The behavior is strange because you can create some links, but at some stage it stops working.

This is a game breaker for me.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Cincinnati, OH
Just tried it in the old workshop and it works but you cannot add text, it says the input is too long. Just can't win.
Post 2 IP   flag post
San Francisco
Jwbuckl private msg quote post Address this user
@leonherbert I am having Support call you right now.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Cincinnati, OH
@Jwbuckl Thanks, just spoke with Dee, there is definitely something going on. I am going to try and find out what exact behavior is causing this problem and pass it on to Dee. Hopefully between us all we can get to the bottom of this.
Post 4 IP   flag post
San Francisco
Jwbuckl private msg quote post Address this user
@leonherbert Thank you. I understand that your issue has been fixed? Correct? If not, I will continue to follow in the background.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Cincinnati, OH
Negative, it is not fixed.

Right now, I am able to create the links, but we have not found out why this happens.

As I said, I will attempt to find out what causes this behavior to occur and pass that on to Dee.
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
VTLV private msg quote post Address this user
@leonherbert - I had a similar issue last February and got out of the beta program only to have it come right back. Support went cold. The issue didn't change.

I created a BitLy link and the link worked from there.

Have you considered trying this idea?
Post 7 IP   flag post
101646 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?