Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
bugBusiness PlanHosting FeesPricingStrategy

What to do with our Portfolio?9653

WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
VTLV private msg quote post Address this user
Given the upcoming price hike when Grandfather passes on, it would be comforting to know we could lay our models to rest. When time, finances and space allows, we could resurrect an old scan from the good ole days for some memories of grandpa.

What this price hike doesn't help us with is our Portfolios. I have 36 Matterport tours on my portfolio page ranging from a studio apartment to High Rise Condominiums. A mansion with a Horse Barn and 21 car garage. Other large homes for the upper middle class, single family homes, town homes and a clubhouse.

This leaves me with 14 spaces to represent my commercial portfolio at a cost of $1,316 annually to get the cheapest per model rate of $26 a year. I am paying $5 a model now, where I can pass the cost on to a hosting cost being handled with other clients. Sure the portfolio will have to shrink, but the cost doesn't work to pass on to other clients. Matterport will be selling them hosting at a cheaper rate eventually and they will no longer want to use my business knowing the high cost I charged them.

I will not use the Matterport Gallery to represent work I could do because the models are not my style of work. Some people leap through rooms, while others actually walk around furniture. If someone sees a fireplace in a room and cannot walk over to it, they are not getting the immersion of the tour. A high rise condo on the beach in Belize, is not taken serious in Sin City for someone showing off a High Rise condo on the Strip.

People smell the [redacted] here. They know that Vegas is not a wooded area. If I were to use images from somewhere else, the bullshit meter goes off labeling me as an amateur or a con artist looking to pull one over for a fast buck.

When Grandpa dies, so will my business with Matterport. I'll have a little black box to stare at with no evidence of the memories.

Are you going to use the Matterport Gallery?

What cost have you set aside for your Portfolio?

How many models do you think can be supported when charging hosting with your current active models?
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@VTLV

As a WGAN Standard Member, you get the free use of up to 15 of 39 Matterport 3D Tours for your website.

Choose up to 15 of 39 Matterport 3D Tour Examples for Your Website

Is that helpful?

Dan
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@VTLV

BTW, Matterport claims that the Matterport Gallery is "THE WORLD'S LARGEST LIBRARY OF 3-D MODELS OF REAL WORLD PLACES."

Actually, I believe the We Get Around Network Forum Gallery has more pubic Matterport 3D Tours that Matterport's pubic gallery.

And, the WGAN Gallery helps improve your SEO with a link to your website. For WGAN Basic, Standard and Premium Members, we also include a link to your full page profile.

I will ask our WGAN Forum tech next week to let me know our count so that we can factually answer that bar bet.

best,

Dan

P.S. Publish – free – an unlimited number of your Matterport Spaces 3D Tours to the We Get Around Forum Gallery of Matterport Spaces 3D Tours to help improve your SEO with a link to your website.

Free! Add Matterport Spaces to Gallery Map
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
VTLV private msg quote post Address this user
@DanSmigrod - I appreciate the sharing of the We Get Around Network Forum Gallery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanSmigrod
And, the WGAN Gallery helps improve your SEO with a link to your website. For WGAN Basic, Standard and Premium Members, we also include a link to your full page profile.
- this is much more helpful than a non reciprocating link from Matterport for SEO. - We have two Pluses here

The WGAN Gallery can offer some possibilities in similar climates to mine for sharing units in a similar environment. If there's towering Mountains, Beaches and Lush Green Landscapes with lots of trees, I can see the BS meter setting to high in my clients brain (On homes under $800k)We Get Around Network Forum Gallery

Which leads to my earlier quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTLV
A high rise condo on the beach in Belize, is not taken serious in Sin City for someone showing off a High Rise condo on the Strip.

I recall sharing to the WGA Gallery Map years ago. When grandpa dies and I am forced to take down some of these spaces to free up my server space budget, WGA will loose everything available in Vegas. I would imagine other pro's will do the same in other markets. @DanSmigrod - you're going to have vested problem as well.

As Matterport Service "Partners", we will be first to take the hit on price, then get squeezed on what work we can share as truly our own. Photographers have artistic freedom to shoot many different ways and charge a variety of prices for the work they do. The financial constraints will be a huge problem for us to share the true identity of the work we offer.

I have asked Dee and Isabel this question on the MOUG Live Show and the response was rather upsetting to hear there is nothing in the works for Matterport Service "Partners" to have any space available for a portfolio outside of hosted plans.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@VTLV

One of the advantages of a seasoned Matterport Pro like you – versus a Newbie - is the sheer quantity and variety of the Matterport 3D Tours that you have created.

And, one of the best ways to visually show this "tonnage" is with map feature within WP3D Models WordPress Plugin that automatically maps Matterport 3D Tours (like this); plus, enables the viewer to sort by category.

Call me PollyAnna, but I believe Matterport will either:

1. Keep Matterport Classic Pricing for a long, long time (grandfathered in)
2. Offer an Unlimited Hosting Plan to Matterport Service Providers
3. Enable inactive Matterport models to still show up on one website without sharing (and work within WP3D Models for this purpose) for the purpose of self promotion

Best,

PollyAnna
Post 5 IP   flag post
101429 5 5
This topic is archived. Start new topic?