Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 39 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Internet SpeedUploadingWish List

Any way to force Matterport to upload in the background?9551

mjstef private msg quote post Address this user
I am not well versed on Apple and in fact this iPad is the only Apple product I own so I admit I may be missing something but it's crazy to have to leave the Matterport app open with the screen on for a space to upload. I am rural and only have a .50-.80 upload link so a space can take 3-4 hours to upload a space. I can't think of any other program I use that won't run in the background with the screen off. Is this Apple or Matterport related??? Just seems crazy that the Ipad is worthless for hours until the job uploads not to mention the screen has to be on......
Post 1 IP   flag post
Matt19 private msg quote post Address this user
Hi, @mjste

First off I am not an apple guru but I believe they have designed their system to stop the program from running in the background if it is not up. EI watching You Tube video (can go into control center and click play button while in another window and sometimes that will allow it to play in background)and when you switch windows it stops playing. Perhaps this is battery saving technique. I am 99% confident it is not Matterport decision since they have to follow Apples software development rules.

That is my take and I could be wrong.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Los Angeles
JosephJ private msg quote post Address this user
I would like to hear Matterport’s take on this, as there are many apps that operate in the background on the iPad. Matterport and YouTube are some of the few that don’t.
Post 3 IP   flag post
DeeJ private msg quote post Address this user
Unfortunately no. The Capture app must be running in order for uploads to continue.
Post 4 IP   flag post
So I left to go do some log work on a clients home at 10AM and just got home. It's now at 96% uploaded lol...….
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephJ
I would like to hear Matterport’s take on this, as there are many apps that operate in the background on the iPad. Matterport and YouTube are some of the few that don’t.

I agree it is more like a bug in their Capture app. Apps when they are running usually preventing Ipads to go into a sleep mode but not with their Capture app. It is annoying that it does not work as it is supposed to do.

I am not a fun of apple products and I do not know them as good as Android or Windows. However there may be some trick in Ipad power saving settings. I will check as it may be possible to tell Ipad to never put wireless network into a sleep mode and it should fix the problem.
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
It may be coming from Apple. I have found a lot of traces of complaints about the same behaviour for other apps. Some people even said it was happening for installations for apps from Apple store.

I guess the only way to fix it is to turn off auto sleep in Ipad settings. At least this way we can be sure nothing will interrupt uploading scans to Matterport this way. Just do not forget to plug your Ipad for charging.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Auto sleep is off but I can't use the Ipad for anything for 6-8 hours while a space uploads...…..
Post 8 IP   flag post
101421 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?