Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
MuseumsTripodTripod Dolly

Tripod dolly9429

WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
Hi guys,

I remember there was a topic for it with quite a big price tag. I have found a cheap dolly and also a solution for legs of a tripod going back when I lift and move my camera.

Pretty cheap for what it is.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Pro-Video-Folding-Wheels-Heavy-Duty-Slider-Tripod-Dolly-for-Camera-Stand-Black/173761754050?epid=20013766096&hash=item287501f3c2:g:S2oAAOSwLr1cS-0t

I have just ordered the same from another seller. Here is its review

Also it should help a lot without getting any injuries on your hands after lifting and moving your tripod with a Matterport camera. After I did more than 600 scans in the last two days I make a wound on my hand created by my tripod head.

Now with this dolly I do not have to lift anything up and can just push the whole setup to a new scan position.
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@Wingman

https://www.wegetaroundnetwork.com/topic/9205/page/1/matterport-piece-of-gear-of-the-week-tripod-dolly/

Dan
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
I got it a week ago and used it for a few days. It is worth every cent especially considering it is cheap.

It takes some extra time to set it up mostly in terms of leveling your tripod on the dolly. May be 5-7 minutes at the first time of using it but later you will learn to do it faster.

Once setup it is just a pleasure to use. You just roll it to the next point, shoot and keep moving. No lifting involved, no legs moving during moving your setup to a new point so no need to check leveling at all. So you save energy on lifting and time a lot.

The only minus you will have to remove the dolly when you need to do steps but considering that steps are usually a tiny fraction of a scanned space it is not a big deal.

There may be two versions of this dolly available based on wheel size. Mine seems to be 7cm in diameter but there is another one with bigger wheels. 7cm is ok for indoor.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Convrts private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks for this @Wingman ... just ordered one, looks great!
Post 4 IP   flag post
101432 4 4
This topic is archived. Start new topic?