Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Stolen

Matterport Camera STOLEN933

Ushflynn private msg quote post Address this user
Hi folks,

Just a quite notice in case anything should show up in the UK. We have had our camera stolen from us. Taken from Greenwich by what seems like an opportunist. I've put signs up offering a reward for it's return since it's effectively useless to anybody else. But if anyone spots it coming up for sale in the UK (I know this unlikely, but it'll stick out like a sore thumb if it does) Then it's very likely going to be ours.

Kicked in the stomach just as we got started with it

Thanks all,

Oisin
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@Ushflynn ugh!

Serial number?
Post 2 IP   flag post
Tosolini
Productions
Bellevue, Washington
Tosolini private msg quote post Address this user
Sorry for the trouble! If you bought it using a credit card, isn't there some sort of purchase protection for a limited amount of time?
Post 3 IP   flag post
joy private msg quote post Address this user
I also had a camera stolen in Providence RI in September. I did report it to support for them to keep an eye out ( gave serial number) for it in the event someone tries to establish a new account for the camera. I hope it works.. would love to have the camera back. I have since replaced it however it was truly painful to have it stolen... sorry for the loss...
Post 4 IP   flag post
RenderingSpace private msg quote post Address this user
I'm wondering if Matterport has a way of determining which camera created the scan. It would be great if they could somehow flag it if someone tried to use that camera again.

Hope you figure something out!
Post 5 IP   flag post
joy private msg quote post Address this user
I certainly hope that is the case.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Thanks all,

I'm actually still waiting for a reply about our serial number. Since the camera was stolen in it's box I don't seem to have any record of its serial here with me.
I hear the team are on a huge trade show currently so I can imagine my communication has been overlooked for now.
Post 7 IP   flag post
BENNY89 private msg quote post Address this user
Sorry for your loss,

Did you manage to get your serial number?
Post 8 IP   flag post
Little update for you all,

Thanks to this website and some good research by a pawn broker, our Matterport has been recovered and is safely back in our hands!

For anyones information, matterport can indeed tell which camera has performed which scans. Should the occasion ever arise i'm sure they could flag up when a stolen camera was ever used with a new account.

Thanks to all involved.
Post 9 IP   flag post
101429 9 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?