Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 817 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,913 Page Views | 19,259 Unique Visitors | 30 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Question of the DayShowcase

What do you like best about the new Matterport Showcase?9096

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Question of the Day: What do you like best about the new Matterport Showcase?

Hi All,

The WGAN Forum Question of the Day for Wednesday, 110 April 2019 is:

Question of the Day: What do you like best about the new Matterport Showcase?

All Matterport Tours automatically update to new Showcase and Workshop on 1 June 2019. (Info)

Best,

Dan
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Chicago
rzphotoman private msg quote post Address this user
Still trying to find something Dan
Post 2 IP   flag post
Eddi private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Dan,

Unfortunately this new version of Showcase is full of bugs. Transitions between views are broken, Highlight Reel isn't hiding after loading even you have no 360 view inserted, Autoplay Walkthrough is worst in older published tours, Mattertags content (pdfs, images, videos) often does not display...

The problem is the lack of responses and actions of the support team. I have opened tickets about these bugs last month. Still waiting...

Eddi
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@rzphotoman @Eddi

Wow! Crazy!

@Eddi Thanks for submitting the Matterport Support tickets on the bugs.

Dan
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Chicago
The main thing that makes the new version a non starter for me right now is that I cant download the images I use to create the highlight reel with and I also can't download the photos I create for the highlight reel. In the legacy version I go through the tour and take snapshots along the way. I can then use those in the highlight reel and download them for the clients use.

In the new version if I want a highlight reel and downloadable images I have to do each process separately...doubling the work flow. If they can't fix that and I can't use the old version after June 2019...I would be upset.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Wonderdawg private msg quote post Address this user
I like the new workshop; faster loading, vertical grid lines to double check verticals, ability to correct the highlight reel, toggle back and forth between the photo and highlight buttons and I believe a much faster work flow. The legacy version was so clunky to work with. Much improved with better results. Also the photos are ready for download by the time I’m ready to notify the client invoice and include in a Dropbox folder.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Paris
RomainReparage private msg quote post Address this user
'Measurements' works much better. Editing (scans-start-hightlightreel) is definitely faster.
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Chicago
Here is my question and answer from Matterport regarding my main issue withe new Showcase. Not good news for me.

"Ross
Apr 10, 1:50 PM PDT
In regards to the new version of Showcase, the main issue that makes the new version a non starter for me right now is that I cant download the images I use to create the highlight reel with and I also can't download the photos I create for the highlight reel. In the legacy version I go through the tour and take snapshots along the way. I can then use those in the highlight reel and download them for the clients use.
In the new version if I want a highlight reel and downloadable images I have to do each process separately...doubling the work flow.
Please fix this so it is once again a 1 step process to be able to download snapshots and also use them in the highlight reel, or allow the photos selected for the highlight reel to be downloadable."

Matterport-[redacted] (Matterport Support)
Apr 11, 3:18 AM PDT
Dear Ross,

Thank you for your email.

Apologies things have now changed as you have noticed. This cannot be changed now.

However I will forward your request to our product management team and they'll consider it for future product updates.

Apologies I could not answer more positively to your query.Please let me know if you need any further support.

Kind regards,

[redacted[
Post 8 IP   flag post
whereareweat private msg quote post Address this user
That it works and can be fully used on an iPad!

I saw a comment on the facebook group about the limited edit features not available on ipad/mobile version of showcase/workshop whatever! I responded with a solution there, so apologies for the duplicate, but thought i'd share with this wider group, was cool if you didn't already realize this was possible, saves lugging a laptop and just an iPad!

if you select 'request desktop version' in Chrome iOS it gives you that ability to edit, not great UX as the iframed part gets cut of slightly on the side and is a small window on the page. after further research if you use this url

http://my.matterport.com/workshop-beta/?m=[SPACEID]

This will load just the workshop full page, I haven't fully tested if all the aspects work well, photos, 360s and highlight reel DO in Chrome. Safari and others had issues (no surprise) but the workshop loads in firefox, duck duck, edge (actually views the best oddly, go figure).

Granted no idea if this will get shutdown by MP, at very least the url will change post June, but seems like a good thing imo

Post 9 IP   flag post
101635 9 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?