Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 1,001 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 33,924 Page Views | 18,799 Unique Visitors | 24 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
3603D Showcase3DVistaCamerasFloor Plans

Which 360º camera to pair with 3D Vista Software?9064

DarrylB220 private msg quote post Address this user
My name is Darryl Biggs and am the President of Threat Mitigation-Risk Control Group, located in Arizona.

Purpose of joining this group is that I'm looking at purchasing 3D Vista Pro and looking for the right camera for this software. I've been looking at the following cameras- Ultracker Aleta S2C, Ricoh V Theta, Vuze XR, Panono, and Matterport.

This is to conduct Advances and then layout the buildings to team members in order to have an overview of the building in 2D, 3D and VT.

I'm not sure if I could take the information from MP and import into 3D Vista, if not, then will need a camera that I can and looking for advice.

I do own a DSL, however that would take to much time to take the photos. We usually have 30-60 minutes in a building to shoot and need a 360 degree camera.

Thank you

Darryl
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@DarrylB220

This WGAN Dropbox contains Matterport MatterPaks: the data from the Matterport 3D Tour.

Are you able to bring these Matterport files into 3D Vista Pro to accomplish what you need? Do you need the Matterport Object file or xyz converted to a different format first?

Best,

Dan
Post 2 IP   flag post
Adjusters_IO private msg quote post Address this user
This previous WGAN post may answer many of your camera/3D Vista questions:

clickable text

Regards,
Michael Clendening
Post 3 IP   flag post
DarrylB220 private msg quote post Address this user
@Adjusters_IO

Thank you

@DanSmigrod

Right now I use either Visio, SmartDraw or a couple of different floor plan apps, but am looking to put a product together for my company that can encompass the 2D, 3D and VT for places that we have to conduct an Advance, and being able to put all this together and present either in a PowerPoint or PDF provides a more professional look.

My issue with any Cloud base system is that I can't control the security and sensitivity of the information, which provides a whole basket of problems.

If I can't use a MP camera and export it to a software program like 3D Vista, then that will be a camera that I will need to scratch off my list.

Darryl
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@DarrylB220

You might look at Cupix for 3D tours.

Cupix likely checks the boxes for:

1. Offline hosting
2. Privacy and Security with how/whom has access the models when they host
3. Various options for data output

Best,

Dan

PS Cupix works with any 360 camera
Post 5 IP   flag post
101717 5 5
This topic is archived. Start new topic?