Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 28 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
3D ShowcaseAletaAleta S2CCamerasWGAN 360 Camera Loaner Program

Aleta S2C camera review & comparison to Matterport8949

izoneguy private msg quote post Address this user
Quick review of the Aleta S2C
https://www.ultracker.com/blog2.html

Dan let me borrow the Aleta S2C to test on a motor coach I was shooting.
To be fair - my panos do not do justice to what the Aleta is probably capable of.
Eric from Aleta tried to help me.
I did upgrade the firmware to the latest version.
I did shoot high resolution and I tried all the modes.
But all I could get that was decent was one image from the HDR's taken.
The regular mode gave me 5 photos that I could not figure out how to stitch
together.

I could not see anything I shot. The camera locked up to a point where
it was really frustrating to use. I tried using it with my iPhone and iPad pro
which are running the latest ios.

Link to Aleta S2C panos of coach
https://my.threesixty.tours/app/v/ms60vp/f6j6x2/qx3987?brand=false

As a comparison here is a Matterport tour of the same coach.
https://mpembed.com/show/?m=VGDsAYsgNxP&mpu=183&mpv=1&details=1&hdir=2

Link for the coach (additional photos)
https://www.mhsrv.com/2020-prevost--h3-45-emperor-sauna-suite-by-foretravel-45ess--new-bus-conversion-tx-i2414033

Here an example tour shot with the Aleta - Aleta needs to produce some tutorial videos on how to achieve this quality.

http://ez-team.com/lunika/vtour/?fbclid=IwAR2hv96KRaXGr2peGSheMlaIejD8UFs0N4bCh2_ZKBI9u7k-yOS2Bl77tfo
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@izoneguy

Thank you for your review of the Aleta S2C 360º Camera.

@EricLiu with AletaS2C,

Can you comment on the challenges @izoneguy experienced as well as ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by @izoneguy
Here an example tour shot with the Aleta - Aleta needs to produce some tutorial videos on how to achieve this quality.

http://ez-team.com/lunika/vtour/?fbclid=IwAR2hv96KRaXGr2peGSheMlaIejD8UFs0N4bCh2_ZKBI9u7k-yOS2Bl77tfo

Thanks,

Dan

P.S. The WGAN 360º Camera Loaner Program has three Aleta S2C Cameras. Please complete the WGAN 360º Camera Loaner Order Form, if you would like to borrow one. (Please Private Message me for the password.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Shakoure private msg quote post Address this user
@izoneguy ...Nice showcase. A shot of the exterior would have made this package complete. Nevertheless, to seems obvious to me who the clear winner is >>MP.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Thanks... the motor home dealer is still trying to figure out what they want to do.
I used MPembed for this space. The link to the coach did not come over from the Matterport listing. I have tried everything with MPEMBED and looked at all the docs.
All I could get was the email phone number and the description. It would be great if MPembed would allow to add more details. They is probably an easy way to do it. The dealer takes photos of all the coaches, inside and out. The manufacturers all use Matterport but only for maybe one floor plan and interior per model.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by izoneguy
Thanks... the motor home dealer is still trying to figure out what they want to do.
I used MPembed for this space. The link to the coach did not come over from the Matterport listing. I have tried everything with MPEMBED and looked at all the docs.
All I could get was the email phone number and the description. It would be great if MPembed would allow to add more details. They is probably an easy way to do it. The dealer takes photos of all the coaches, inside and out. The manufacturers all use Matterport but only for maybe one floor plan and interior per model.

Link? Please contact me with more details about what you were expecting and what did not happen. MPEmbed should carry over all features from the Matterport Space as well as add new features.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Hello Chris,

Here is the original Matterport link.
https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=VGDsAYsgNxP

Now the weblink is not showing up and so it is not coming across to MPembed.

I have taken the link out - saved it and re-loaded the link and saved it but
it does not want to show-up?

Here is another space where the weblink is showing up...
https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=8t9yqvspsyx

So yeah I guess if it does not show up in Matterport them MPembed won't see it.

It was working the other day?

Maybe I need to re-upload it.

Tomorrow I will try the other space in MPembed...

Thanks
Post 6 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
@izoneguy - There are some really weird things happening with Showcase 3.0.11 right now. One funny thing is that if you click on the dollhouse or floorplan buttons, it no longer transitions from walkthrough mode into the other mode - it cross-fades.

Please do reach out if you do find some issues with MPEmbed and feature parity (same features on both). MPEmbed's UI is a complete recode -- which was necessary in order to add features and also manage what happens when the modal windows pop-up. One notable omission is that the VR button doesn't work right (I'm working on it).
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@izoneguy

You get the free use (via WGAN rebate) for MPEmbed Premium Basic each month. Please use this WGAN Rebate Form in the WGAN Welcome Onboard Letter. If you need the password, please Private Message me and include in the subject line: MPEmbed Premium Basic via WGAN Rebate

Best,

Dan
Post 8 IP   flag post
OK thanks, I will keep working through it. I am almost done with the video for that coach so they want to launch it all at once. I have uploaded an image capture to show the link is present in the Spaces details.
The Matterport tour along with the Mattertags will be a more effective selling tool than a brochure but this client still wants he brochure, photos etc. I was going to experiment with doing an outside then inside 3D tour, since there is no real 2nd floor do you think I could scan outside then go inside and keep it all on one floor? They have an inside space we shoot these in.

I forgot to show you the MPembed link...

https://mpembed.com/show/?m=VGDsAYsgNxP&mpu=183&mpv=1&details=1&hdir=2

Post 9 IP   flag post
Aleta S2C 12K
360º Camera
Taiwan
EricLiu private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by izoneguy

I checked with this photographer.
This was a paid job.
He does not use Matterport because his clients don’t want it.
He used “HDR ORG” to shoot 3 different images with 3 EVs for one view, then started his workflow to do HDR on Photomatix, and use photoshop with his skill to fix stitching error, de-noise, sharpen, clean and even rebuilding missing parts.
He needs the best picture quality before he starts his workflow, and Aleta S2C provides the pictures he needs.
He used an analogy to let me understand.
What he does is to wear make up for a pretty girl to improve her beauty further.
Now Aleta S2C is his main camera for Virtual Tours.

Aleta S2C will have 5 bracketing in HDR ORG mode in a few weeks.

Hope this can help you.

Thanks,
Eric
Post 10 IP   flag post
Nodalview Pitdulac private msg quote post Address this user
Hi all,

I got an AletaS2C borrowed from the Wgan 360 loaner program. I am co-founder of Nodalview, and wanted to have a look at a possible, shoot once, high resolution alternative for our smartphone-based solution.

So we looked at it with our professional eyes, focusing on image quality : we know where to look for potential problems in 360 cameras.

Aleta S2C is good build quality, good workflow : immediate stitching in the camera. So far, so good.

Sometimes, I got a completely white preview screen, I also got some strange colors in the preview and inacurrate white balance.

Then I Updated with the latest firmware (april).

Off course, we wanted to check the 12K resolution image quality, sharpness, dynamic range, stitching quality, ...

You can see some samples here (11 panoramas).

You can see the thumbnails of the different panoramas by clicking on the icon in the upper right corner.

1/ Stitching problems.

On the stitch line between two lenses, there is sometimes blurriness. Look at the 1st pano : NodalviewBlendFrom5AletaBrackets, and click on the information hotspot on the coffee machine. This is a pity for a 12k resolution image. Those images where stitched in camera. Moreover, I could not succeed in stitching the individual pictures with a third party software (Ptgui, ...) because the overlap between the individual pictures is very small. Also on AletaBlurOnStitchLine : look at the cat on the black board.

When shooting near close objects, you get broken lines, deviation etc. Ok, the camera says "min distance from objects is 3ft", but in indoor scenes, like corridor for example, or bathrooms, or terrasse with a rail, this is sometimes not enough. Have a look at AletaTerrasseRailStitchError (looking at the rail), or the billard table in Aletahdrdarksceneandlensflare. So I strongly recommend avoiding shooting close objects on the stitch line of 2 adjacent lenses.

2/ Noise (in dark scene) and lensflares

In Aletahdrdarksceneandlensflare.

3/ White balance & dynamic range

I tested the hdr : strong, medium and weak settings. In AletaHdr, you cannot see outside the windows. Ok, conditions were hard with sun on snow. In NodalviewFrom3AletaBrackets (this means 3 brackets shot with Aleta, and blended with Nodalview), it is better, but you can hardly see through the windows.

As a comparison, I shot the same panorama with Nodalview (look at NodalviewOnly panorama, shooted, blended & assembled with Nodalview).
Post 11 IP   flag post
Aleta S2C 12K
360º Camera
Taiwan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitdulac

I got an AletaS2C borrowed from the Wgan 360 loaner program. I am co-founder of Nodalview, and wanted to have a look at a possible, shoot once, high resolution alternative for our smartphone-based solution.

Hi Pitdulac,

Thanks for your feedback about the Aleta S2C.

Here are some replies from our side.

1/ Stitching problems.
If there are both far and near objects close to the stitching line, Aleta S2C would stitch on the near object, and that cause some distortion. Before shooting, we suggest to use the APP preview to confirm the image.

2/ Noise (in dark scene) and lensflares
Aleta S2C has a mode called "Night", this is for low light environment to avid noise, besides, in the manual mode, you can choose long exposure up to 720 seconds to get good photo.

Regarding the lensflares, it might because the lenses are not clean.

3/ White balance & dynamic range
We are working on 5 or even 7 brackets shot, and will release in a couple of weeks. Please try again after the new firmware is released.

Thanks,
Eric
Post 12 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Hi All,

Want to take an Aleta S2C for a spin?

Borrow an Aleta S2C 12K 360º camera from the WGAN 360 Camera Loaner Program

As of today (Monday, 15 April 2019), we have three Aleta's available via the WGAN 360º Camera Loaner Program:

✓ one (1) in Europe
✓ two (2) in the United States

Best,

Dan
Post 13 IP   flag post
Aleta S2C 12K
360º Camera
Taiwan
@izoneguy, @Pitdulac
We just release a firmware upgrade to enable Aleta S2C to do 7 brackets shot.
https://www.wegetaroundnetwork.com/topic/9212/page/1/aleta-s2c-12k-360-camera-firmware-upgrade---v10517---30-apr-2019/#1

Would you please try again?

Thanks,
Eric
Post 14 IP   flag post
101641 14 14
This topic is archived. Start new topic?