Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 817 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,913 Page Views | 19,259 Unique Visitors | 30 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
360 ViewsLearningTrainingTutorial

Seeking a Tutorial Video for Placing 360º Views within Matterport8913

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

Have you seen – or can you create – a Tutorial for Placing 360º Views within Matterport?

This would be a nice Matterport Workflow video.

Much thanks!

Best,

Dan
Post 1 IP   flag post
Joelbcollins private msg quote post Address this user
I have used Momento360.com for embeding 360s into Mattertags. Is this similar to what you're asking @DanSmigrod ?
Post 2 IP   flag post
Joelbcollins private msg quote post Address this user
I realize I didn't really answer your question, I could maybe throw a quick tute for how I've done it if that's what you mean
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joelbcollins
I realize I didn't really answer your question, I could maybe throw a quick tute for how I've done it if that's what you mean

Yes please
Post 4 IP   flag post
Shakoure private msg quote post Address this user
@Joelbcollins... Thanks for chiming in. Actually, the original inquiry for this topic had to do with Matterport's latest Cortex update that allows you to "convert your 360 views into 3D scans. We're looking for any instruction/requirements for doing so.
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
VTLV private msg quote post Address this user
Oh shoot, I've been doing it all wrong. I'm supposed to be using Convert to 3D. I was just inserting and thinking @Metroplex had access to some updated software that would be coming later. Gott go pen up the ipad and play.

Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
Dan, do you mean Matterport 360 images or some third party 360 images?

If it is Matterport ones you just take 360 shot and place it where you think it belongs using Capture app. There have been a few of them done and placed around a house model on the following tour

https://www.wingmanmedia.com.au/view?m=EjKcDzFpCNK

There is no need for a tutorial, it as simple as 1)capture 360 degree image in Capture app 2)grab-drag-drop it wherever you want.

If you can remember me asking for a different(custom) background for a Matterport Model that was a reason. If I could place an aerial image instead of black background for any tour 360 images would have been sitting on top of a real image and exactly where they belong. With just a black background it more like a guess even though if you have scanned interior it is not that hard to guess its position.

If it is for third party 360 images I believe using one of plugins for 360 degree images can make it work inside Mattertags as well. However I cannot see any way to place third party ones outside of a model.
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTLV
Oh shoot, I've been doing it all wrong. I'm supposed to be using Convert to 3D. I was just inserting and thinking @Metroplex had access to some updated software that would be coming later. Gott go pen up the ipad and play.

Interesting. Would it be easier to close blinds there as it is obviously sunlight problem? Also how it is different from doing it as a 3D scan?

I guess if you had done just one more 3D scan between the window and the black triangle the black triangle would have gone.
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
VTLV private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman
I guess if you had done just one more 3D scan between the window and the black triangle the black triangle would have gone.
- It's a great guess.

The door didn't appear to have a mini blind or drape on it. The sun stll burns through the window like it would on a back patio. I'm not the type to bring along the plastic wrap for windows and other coverings or displays for hiding my camera in mirrors or cover windows.

In this case, the 360 doesn't use the infrared and pieces together in the floor plan like the Ricoh does in a tour where no infrared is being used with that camera or Insta One X.

I think @metroplex360 has Jedi mind tricks that I haven't mastered. Just tried it on another tour I had done recently with a triangle in the bathroom and it didn't work
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Thanks. I didn't even know about this functionality. I will try it next time when I run into s similar problem.
Post 10 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Wingman

Yes. I seek a Video Tutorial (short) on both of these ...

1. Placing a Matterport 360º View on the mini-map
2. Shooting a 360º with a Ricoh Theta V or Insta360 One X

Can you do one or both?

Thanks,

Dan
Post 11 IP   flag post
Shakoure private msg quote post Address this user
@DanSmigrod ...Dan, I'm not sure we're talking about the same thing.

What I'm referring to is MP's new Cortex feature that, among other things, allows you to "convert your 360 views into 3D scans," not simply adding an icon (in the showcase tour) that opens to a 360 view - that has been around for a while now. Perhaps I'm misunderstanding this new feature.
Post 12 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Shakoure

I am requesting two videos.

Thanks,

Dan
Post 13 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
WGAN-TV Training Academy | Matterport Workshop 3.0 Training | Part 2 of 5 with Matterport Marketing Marketing Manager Amir Frank

Hi All,

In Day 2 of 5 of Matterport Workshop 3.0, Matterport Content Marketing Manager Amir Frank shows the following and 360º Views ...

Best,

Dan
Post 14 IP   flag post
adamhenry private msg quote post Address this user
Very very interesting video, Dan, thanks for sharing.
Post 15 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Hi All,

I am still seeking a Tutorial Video for Placing 360º Views within Matterport to answer frequent posts like this one.

Thanks,

Dan
Post 16 IP   flag post
101636 16 16
This topic is archived. Start new topic?