Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
CamerasCapture AppProblems

Slow camera connection889

geoffllerena private msg quote post Address this user
my camera was extremly slow today, especially the transfering data time from the MP to the ipad. it took me 2hrs to do 1000sqf. 1/3 of the scans wouldn't align.
Did it happened to you already?
cheers
Post 1 IP   flag post
PieroBortolot private msg quote post Address this user
Hi,
I had the same issue and was caused because out of the operating temperature of the camera(10-32)
Are you sure you was inside the range?
Post 2 IP   flag post
Piero,
It was exactly 73 farenheint. That's what the thermostat was reading. Which is 22 celcius.
Post 3 IP   flag post
PieroBortolot private msg quote post Address this user
Did you try to turn off and restart the camera and ipad?
Post 4 IP   flag post
Yes I tried too.
Someone's answer on Facebook that makes sense too:

Michael said: "Most likely there was a high 2.4GHz traffic in that place and when Matterport device opened its access point (AP), negotiated a slow transfer channel with the neighboring APs. Why? Well, that's how 802.11x standards are written. The bandwidth is limited, the more members, the slow it gets.

What to do? restart the camera to give it another run of the scanning before initialization in the hope of a better channel. Maybe move the camera to a more remote place (remote of others)

To be more efficient and not do this action blind, I would install a Wifi network spectrum analyzer on the iPad to see what's going on over there. Maybe even go back to that place and check the em spectrum and see if that was the culprit. Scan the wifi situation before starting the Matterport device."
Post 5 IP   flag post
101429 5 5
This topic is archived. Start new topic?