Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
FloorsMuseumsNewbiesStairs

Making one file out of multiple files (in our case three)8783

andreweugene private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,
this may have been dealt with before, so my apologies if it has. Maybe someone can point me in the right direction. On Sunday, my partner Fred and I scanned three floors of a music store. Previous experience in an ad agency told us to be careful of stairs, particularly if they have parallel rods because they tend to break up in ugly pieces. So, as a result we kept the three floors separate.

Client was pleased with the result and accepted my explanation, but still tried to navigate downstairs and upstairs where each series ended. Is there a way of combining the three floors to make one project?

I was also a little paranoid about having too many scans and the total of the three floors would be close to 100.
Any ideas?

To give you idea what it looks like, here's the entrance:

Thanks in advance,
Andrew
Post 1 IP   flag post
Belfast, United Kingdom
3dshowcaseuk private msg quote post Address this user
Navigate to stairs or lift in this model we created connected via link in tags

Post 2 IP   flag post
Thank you, that was a great help! It was the first time we have used Mattertags and seemed kind of obvious, once I got my head around it. Greenhorns need a bit longer!
Cheers
Andrew
Post 3 IP   flag post
Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
@andreweugene For a model that size you should have no problem keeping as one model.

By the way... I would suggest scanning behind the cashier register and record rack to avoid the black area on dollhouse view. You can always hide the scan points in workshop if you don't want people to be able to navigate into those areas.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Thanks for the tip, Queen_City_3D. Still quite a steep learning curve, so different from normalphotography!
Post 5 IP   flag post
101436 5 5
This topic is archived. Start new topic?