Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 817 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,913 Page Views | 19,259 Unique Visitors | 30 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Bad BehaviorCollaboratorsEthicsMatterport EcosystemPoaching

Does Matterport market cameras to Collaborators on your account?8769

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

Can someone post this question to MOUG and post the reply here?

Does Matterport market cameras to Collaborators on your account?

I noticed the following discussion in this WGAN Forum discussion this week (18 February 2019) by a new WGAN Member trying to decide which platform to go with: Matterport or a different platform.

Quote:
Originally Posted by @LoudandClear
... I have also read some disconcerting reports of Matterport sales reps targeting our clients directly, and if true that is quite unsettling. Speaking as a Realtor, if one of us did that we'd be hauled in front of the board pretty quickly...

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by @Wingman
Quote:
I have also read some disconcerting reports of Matterport sales reps targeting our clients directly, and if true that is quite unsettling.

I can help you with it. The easiest way to avoid it is to never invite a client to your cloud to work on their projects with their own email addresses.

Just create a gmail(or any free email) account, get it assigned to one specific client and make this client a collaborator with only this email and accessing his own project only in the Cloud.

Then you can send your client a link to access the cloud with all login details. Once job is done remove this collaborator and you can use the same gmail email for another client. This way if Matterport ever decides to sell anything to your client they will fail as email account belongs to you and only you can read all incoming emails.

I appreciate the advice, but frankly that seems like a time-sucking workaround to combat unethical behavior.

Giving the benefit of the doubt here, perhaps Matterport sales reps don't realize your client's email address belongs to your client?...I'm not familiar enough with their platform to be able to say whether that's easily discerned, so please don't think I'm trying to smear anyone here. Rather I'm just commenting on something that seems to be credibly documented as occurring.

Either way, as real estate photographers we're usually looking for ways to be faster without sacrificing quality, and even though this may be a minor extra step, it's an extra step for all the wrong reasons.

Thanks Wingman!

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Wingman
Quote:
I appreciate the advice, but frankly that seems like a time-sucking workaround to combat unethical behavior.

I just learnt my lessons from dealing with big and inflexible companies with my other business that if they are doing something what they think will increase their profit even if that harms your business you are the only one who can take an action to protect yourself. They would not care and they would never budge.

My business partner after being invited into our has received an email from Matterport where they were inviting him to come to some local seminar about the whole technology including a possibility to buy their camera. I also have seen other people including some members of this forum complaining about it. They won't stop doing it just because we ask them to stop so I have found a way for not letting them to do it.

What other options do we have in order to stop them? I cannot see any apart from shooting myself in a foot by selling their camera and stopping offering their technology.

As for time-sucking, you won't spend any extra significant time on doing it that way. You still need to invite a person in your Cloud account settings to have access to some model. All you need to do is to invite yourself and then forward a link to your customer. It may be just extra 1-2 minutes comparing with sending invitation to your client's email directly.

Have you invited a Collaborator to your account and then they received marketing materials from Matterport?

Coincidence?

Best,

Dan
Post 1 IP   flag post
Belfast, United Kingdom
3dshowcaseuk private msg quote post Address this user
Yes they all get marketing info from Matterport

When we create a collaborator. We create an alias email of our own for example for dan we would create
Dan-wgan@3dshowcase.co.uk

This is an alias of admin@3dshiwcase.co.uk so we create the account and setup a password and then email dan a link to the login screen and his username and password.

We have approx 12 collaborators and ever and every time Matterport send out there marketing info and promotions we receive 12 copies into our email box which would have been going to our clients own email if we had used theirs for the login

What about stats and zip files I hear you say. If a collaborator requests stays or images etc from Matterport they are emailed to us and we forward it straight on to their email
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@3dshowcaseuk

Thanks for documenting. I'll add this ...

Smoking Gun: Proof That Matterport Markets to Collaborators (Your Clients!)

Dan
Post 3 IP   flag post
101635 3 3
This topic is archived. Start new topic?