Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 817 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,913 Page Views | 19,259 Unique Visitors | 30 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Business PlanBuyIndustry

Matterport Hosting should be Bandwidth Based876

Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
If Matterport is using the Amazon Cloud to host our tours, then they are essentially paying for our bandwidth.

If this is the case, why can't Matterport have a pricing structure based on bandwidth instead of a monthly fee? This would be far more palatable to those of us who may want to take a break or those of us who might have a large number of scans with lower traffic.

What do you guys think?
Post 1 IP   flag post
tradetickers private msg quote post Address this user
agree but i don't see that happening. they like the controlled business model
Post 2 IP   flag post
Jamie private msg quote post Address this user
that's not going to happen.
Matterports business structure is simple. To have as many cameras out there generating a consistent monthly revenue. The additional costs over your monthly allowance is basically like your cell/mobile phone plan where you use your allowed minutes/data. If you make zero calls you still pay your monthly fee, and this gives a guaranteed revenue source.

It's a very nice model from a business point. From a consumer/user point, not as nice
Post 3 IP   flag post
davidpylyp private msg quote post Address this user
We are not consumers we are resellers
If there are 30 or 40 PAYING tours on my matterport account I have no problem paying
Post 4 IP   flag post
Consumers as in our clients
Post 5 IP   flag post
tradetickers private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie
that's not going to happen.
Matterports business structure is simple. To have as many cameras out there generating a consistent monthly revenue. The additional costs over your monthly allowance is basically like your cell/mobile phone plan where you use your allowed minutes/data. If you make zero calls you still pay your monthly fee, and this gives a guaranteed revenue source.

It's a very nice model from a business point. From a consumer/user point, not as nice
honestly don't think it's sustainable at the rate technologies advancing. will be tons of competitors.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Probably true, but I guess it's a "make hay while the sun shines" kind of thing. Once a competitor comes out I'm sure they will need to re-evaluate their business model. My guess would be a competitor would emulate their business and maybe offer a better product or a slightly cheaper product.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
Making hay while the sun shines is great. But what happens if we want to move to a different product? We then get stuck paying for our Matterport hosting until all of our tours are no longer required. That's not a good plan.

If it's bandwidth based with a simple monthly platform fee - we would in theory, see our cost go down greatly.

Yes, Matterport wants to make $50 - $150/mo off of us. And if you are active, then the free processing on tours offsets the cost completely. However, if you are inactive, you just are residually spending your money.

Or another way to look at it - if I want to stop offering Matterport Tours, or I die... then there's an account that needs to be paid indefinitely or the tours disappear. I see that as a problem.
Post 8 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
We have talked about other options and I have not see one, I actively look. I look for several reasons, this has popped up several times as a topic. My partner and I run a small business and every cost is important in our business. So being able to host it without the residual subscription cost would be great. We talk about better features and final product. But for now I agree with Jamie "make the hay while the sun is shining". If a legitimate competitive product comes out this may push Matterport to change. But in Matterports defense I thought they were unreceptive to our input. I think they are doing way better and for right now for the price I do think it is the best on the market for the cost.
Ron
Post 9 IP   flag post
davidpylyp private msg quote post Address this user
If I charge you to do the matterport tour I make money
If I host your tour for more than 90,120 or 180 days, I make money. [ whatever period I desire to provide ]

If I am billing you and making money for hosting [and I pay Matterport ] the total number of tours is academic.
Post 10 IP   flag post
@metroplex360
If you die, that's not a nice thought
It is a good point however. I'm not sure if matterport has considered this, but for the publicity alone they should take over hosting models that the scanner/us no longer can or want. Seems like a smart thing to do to have a product saturation in the market (to a point)
Post 11 IP   flag post
101634 11 11
This topic is archived. Start new topic?