Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AdviceBuyPricingPro2Pro2 LiteVersus

Pro2 vs Pro2 lite8410

Wonderdawg private msg quote post Address this user
Quick question re Pro2 vs Pro2 Lite;
(1) if collaborator is willing to host (no fees) does the Pro2 Lite make more sense?
(2) Battery life; true 4 hours on the Lite? Am I limited on sq footage processing?
And if I do choose a Lite, and absorb the hosting fee at 1 scan per day, any advantage over the Pro2?
Thanks!
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@Wonderdawg

Interesting question.

Since you already have a Matterport Camera and a Matterport Cloud account, I wonder if you could use the Matterport Pro Lite and upload to your existing account?

Hmmmmmm....

If that's so good workaround for lower cost camera.

That said, I encourage you to reach out to Matterport to see if the Pro2 Lite only publishes in a way that will charge you for processing. Please do let us know what they think.

On the battery front, I could imagine that whatever Matterport says about battery length is okay. I was presently surprised with the Matterport Pro1 about how long the battery lasts (well beyond published minimum.)

Again, please let us know what you learn.

Happy holidays,

Dan
Post 2 IP   flag post
TrustedPhotoDC private msg quote post Address this user
If you add a Pro 2 lite to an existing account, you will be charged the Pro 2 lite fee on uploads. This goes for any account. The system knows what camera you are using when uploading.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Good to know! Thanks for sharing.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
The Pro-2 Lite looks kinda of silly.

If you do the math, it will end up costing you more if you achieve any level of success. If you feel that you want to own a backup camera, then consider too that it'll have less resale value.

There's really no reason for a professional to buy one.
Post 5 IP   flag post
If acollaborator is willing to host (no fees) does the Pro2 Lite make more sense?
Only because of the lower bar to entry for purchasing. And if the output specs are the same, and hosting costs can be passed along, why not use a Lite?
Post 6 IP   flag post
101436 6 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?