Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
.pdf360BlueSketchFloor Plans

360 pics to a PDF8380

Lugano, Switzerland
lucadeal private msg quote post Address this user
Hello there,

is anyone aware of a way to add 360 photos to a (PDF) floor plan? I have this client who has a 4 stories commercial space but (unfortunately) he doesn't want to have the whole thing scanned

The idea would be to scan the 1st floor only and have a few 360 pics for the other floors, still done with Matterport as 360 photos. I will then export those 360 pics and I'd like to link them to the PDF floor plans provided by the client, as some sort of "mattertags"

Is this possible? I know that blue-sketch offers something similar called "Smart Tags" but not sure if they can handle 360 pics as well as standard still photos

Thanks!

Luca
Post 1 IP   flag post
3SixtyNow private msg quote post Address this user
I found this company.
clickable text
Post 2 IP   flag post
Lugano, Switzerland
@3SixtyNow thanks for your suggestion! It looks like they integrate 3D models to a pdf while what I'm looking for is just to add 360 pics into a pdf, but I'll have a more in-depth look

Thanks!

Luca
Post 3 IP   flag post
Missoula, MT
rpetersn private msg quote post Address this user
Hi @lucadeal - Jumping in here to see if I'm understanding your wishes or not.

It sounds like your need might be to simply take a 2D image/photo (floorplan) and add Markers to it that open up a 360 image from that particular location in the floorplan. If that is the case, it seems like you could accomplish this using your account with ThreeSixty Tours and the "Photos" (2D Image) tool. What you create can then be offered to your client as an Embed (to be placed on their site/etc), but not a "PDF".

I hope this helps some.

Cheers, Ross
Post 4 IP   flag post
Blue-Sketch
Operations Manager
ashleighpaz private msg quote post Address this user
Hey Luca,

I just tested this out and yes we are able to do this using Smart Tags. We just need to be provided with the 360 images and the floor plan that is either ordered through us separately or provided through other means like a PDF or JPEG from your client. If you have these things, you're able to go to our site and order our "Smart Tags" product, upload files, and we would be able to provide you with 360 tags. If you have any questions, feel free to [Private Message] me. Hope this helps!

With kind regards,
Ashleigh
Post 5 IP   flag post
Lugano, Switzerland
@rpetersn Hey Ross,

thanks so much for your suggestion, I think that's going to work perfectly for my needs

One question: when I add a marker, then what's the best action? External link or iframe?

Do I need to follow the "google drive" procedure for this matter also?

Thanks!

Luca
Post 6 IP   flag post
Missoula, MT
rpetersn private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Luca...

If you are embedding still images or PDFs into a Marker, you'll want to use Google Drive to host that content as an embeddable <iframe>.

For 360 images that you want to place on top of the floorplan, you'll want to first create a "Tour" and then assign Floorplan as well as the various 360's to that Tour. I've gone in and gotten you started by creating a "Floorplan Test" tour for you that includes just the Floorplan.

Now, you'll just need to:

1) Upload the 360s you want to place as individual "Panoramas" inside your ThreeSixty Tours account. Be sure to name them appropriately.

2) Assign these panoramas to this Tour (and maybe rename it something other than "Floorplan Test".

3) Use the Marker tool to place "Tour Content" markers where you want these 360s to appear on the floorplan, selecting the correct panorama for each Marker.

Hope this helps!
Post 7 IP   flag post
101436 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?