Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 817 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,913 Page Views | 19,259 Unique Visitors | 30 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AutocadObjectsScanning ObjectsSketchUp

3D Matterport objects from Matterport to Autocad8301

JavieB private msg quote post Address this user
Hi.

I'd like to ask.

Is it possible with the Matterport to capture an object, per example a room table, and by exporting to Autocad the Matterport model obtain a 3D of the textured table in order to incorporate that table into a Library to use the table in new Autocad projects ?

Many tanks in advance
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Portland, Oregon
HelloPado private msg quote post Address this user
Sort of. You could move the camera around the table and at varrying heights, to create a decent 3d mesh. Order the .obj from matterport and then import to autocad.
The textures won't look great and will need additional geometry once in autocad.
A couple of options...
-Sketchup had an immense warehouse of 3d objects that could be imported to autocad.
- Structure Sensor for apple products is a photogrametry hardware that attaches to an ipad/iphone. $300
-123D Click, is a phone app that uses photogrametry for simple objects. Also has a vast library of 3d objects.

Questions??
Post 2 IP   flag post
@HelloPado
Thank you very much for such an interesting contribution
I have reviewed your very interesting information.
My question is based on the request of a client who is a furniture designer. He wants to catalog his designs in real 3D, so that the decorators could use his 3D designs objects library in his decoration projects.

I want to apologize for my English. I hope it’s understandable.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Montreal3D private msg quote post Address this user
Hello JavieB,

Your client should have a look at photogrammetry solution or handheld 3D scanner.

Matterport is definitly not suited for this.

One of the best photogrammetry software on the market, and most convient method for your client project : clickable text

An accessible yet powerful handheld 3D scanner : clickable text

Using the handheld 3D scanner, you would still need to get the texture from pictures and apply them on. It's not as easy as photogrammetry. Higher-end handheld scanner offer integrated cameras for texture generation.

Good luck with your project !
Post 4 IP   flag post
@Montreal3D

Hi.

That’s exactly what my client is looking for. Many thanks for the information!

Javier
Post 5 IP   flag post
mori private msg quote post Address this user
In short: no - the quality is too bad. A photogrammetry solution and/or a handheld 3D scanner works much better. Best look for a Fablab close to you which offers one.
Post 6 IP   flag post
101635 6 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?