Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
RotatortheVRkitWGANTV Live at 5ZillowZillow 3D Home

WGAN-TV Live at 5: Zillow 3D Home Tour for Newbies8221

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

Screen Grab

Screen Grab

Screen Grab: This Example (at the bottom of the page)

Hi All,

After testing in a few markets, Zillow 3D Home (app) will likely begin rollout across America in 2019.

"3D Home is a free mobile app that allows homeowners and real estate professionals to capture 3D tours of homes with their iPhones. These 3D Homes are published to a listing’s home details page on Zillow, letting potential buyers virtually walk through the home’s layout and giving agents and sellers a powerful tool to market their listings online," according to the Zillow 3D Home FAQs.

Watch WGAN-TV Live at 5 (5 pm EDT | GMT -5) on Thursday, 15 November 2018 - Zillow 3D Home Tour for Newbies II with Steve Lake with the Zillow Photography Program and Mitch Dawson from the Product Team.

And, Join the Virtual Studio Audience to ask Steve questions.

By the end of the show, you will know everything you need to know to get started with Zillow 3D Home tours, including:

✓ How to make money marketing this add-on Zillow and Trulia service to agents and brokers
✓ How to to create a Zillow 3D Home tour using the Zillow 3D Home iOS app using an iPhone or with a Ricoh Theta V
✓ How to edit your Zillow 3D Home tour; publish it to a listing to help an agent attract buyers
✓ How to embed the Zillow 3D Home tour on your website and/or agent's website
✓ How the Zillow 3D Home fits into the existing 3D tour landscape

✓ How to use the Zillow 3D Home Dashboard to edit and publish your tour (including linking between 360ºs)
✓ How Zillow Cloud processing works
✓ Suggested gear/accessories (Tripod, Rotating Head and iPhone mount) (free hosting / free storage)
✓ Why Zillow "Boosts in the rankings" Zillow 3D Home enabled listings

✓ How Zillow will help your real estate agents win new clients (and how that works)
✓ How home buyers can search for listings that include 3D Home Tours
✓ While agents could DIY Home 3D Tours, why Zillow is reaching out to photographers
✓ How long does it take to capture a 3,000 SQ FT home
✓ How to become a Zillow Certified Photographer

✓ How to create a photographer profile on Zillow
✓ Best practices for shooting 360ºs (including some "do not's"
✓ Check list before shooting
✓ Tips for capturing 360º in different size rooms
✓ How to connect 360ºs into a tour

✓ How you will know that your Zillow 3D Home Tour is ready to review
✓ How to edit label names
✓ How to change the directional arrows
✓ How to make the Zillow 3D Tour live on Zillow
✓ How to add a collaborator for post production
✓ The difference between a Zillow Certified Pro and Zillow Select Pro

Here are related WGAN Forum discussions:

What's the best tool for Zillow 3D?
✓ WGAN Forum discussions tagged: Zillow, Zillow 3D Home

Best,

Dan

P.S. Zillow 3D Home Links

Zillow 3D Home
Zillow 3D Home Instructional Guide
Zillow 3D Home FAQs
Zillow 3D Home Guidelines
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Los Angeles
Home3D private msg quote post Address this user
Here are the points I’m particularly interested in:

✓ How to embed the Zillow 3D Home tour on your website and/or agent's website

This implies that UNLIKE “Zillow Videos”, which are shot through the Zillow app and cannot even be archived by the photographer, or exported for other uses, 3D Home sounds different. If it can be put on “your website” or “agents’ website” then it sounds like Zillow has established a proprietary hosting service for this and gives the photographer or agent a URL. Hmm, wonder how Zillow is planning to keep these from displaying on other aggregator sites?

• How homebuyers can search for listings that include 3D Home Tours

A Zillow contact explained to me that Z has been downgrading the ranking benefit that Zillow Videos deliver to listings as a reward for using them, and that their new algorithms will reward both Zillow Videos and 3D Home tours, so using both will give a listing the greatest boost.

I’ve been surprised for a long time that so few people use Zillow videos, considering the ranking boost they’ve provided. The app delivers a very poor quality video, but they’re so easy to create that I have clients who want it every time. But they’re used rarely in the LA area. 3D Home Tours are definitely going to be much more work to create, as the system has been explained to me. So I doubt many agents will want to fuss with it. At least Zillow videos were simple: shoot, upload. No “editing” which it sounds like 3D Home involves.

Zillow would get a lot more “walkthrough tours” on their platform if they simply embraced Matterport like Realtor has done. We’ll see, I guess.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Home3D

Thank you for the great questions.

I will ask them during the show. Or, feel free to join the Virtual Studio Audience and discuss them directly with a representative of Zillow.

Best,

Dan
Post 3 IP   flag post
TrustedPhotoDC private msg quote post Address this user
Ask them why the call something 3D when it is clearly not?

I don’t call bacon, sausage. Even though they are both meats.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@TrustedPhotoDC

Thanks for the question. Will do!

Best,

Dan
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
VTLV private msg quote post Address this user
Shoot Zillow walk through video on an iPhone and you will have a saved video. Not when using android.

Zillow 3D gives you an iframe after publishing to embed the tour.
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Los Angeles
Hi VTLV. To my knowledge, there is no way to “save” a Zillow video (shot on the Zillow app) as it erases from the iPhone after uploading to Zillow. The only way I’ve found to archive these is screen-recording the video once posted on Zillow. Zillow talked about giving photographers a way to archive videos back last January after their catastrophic server failure which erased thousands of them, but they’ve never come through with this.

Let me know if you’ve found any other way to archive.

It’s clear that Zillow WANTS agents and photographers to make Zillow videos and 3D Home tours, but equally wants to restrict the ability to use these on competitive platforms.

As for 3D Home walkthroughs, it sounds like Zillow is creating a hosting system for these, just as Matterport hosts our 3D models and walkthroughs on their servers. In Zillow’s case, I wonder if Zillow will be creating distribution filters to prevent the iFrame or URL from displaying on Realtor.com, Redfin, Homes, etc. That would be in keeping with their past operating principles. Dan, maybe you can pose that question during the event Thursday. I may or may not be able to tune in. Thanks.
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Home3D

Thanks for the additional info. I will ask how else the Zillow 3D Tour can be used (such as other real estate agent platforms and iFrame for the Client's and Photographer's websites.

Best,

Dan
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Hi All,

In addition to Steve Lake with the Zillow Photography Program, Mitch Dawson from the Zillow 3D Tour Product Team will join the show.

Best

Dan
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
@Home3D - Are you using an iPhone? If so, take a look at your photos app. That’s where my iPhone videos are popping up within the photo app. Above, I mentioned I didn’t get the same results with Android. Just iPhone.

As Dan mentioned above. Zillow gives you an iframe code similar to the iframe code shared by Matterport. Some of us who make our own agent landing pages and embed the tours on our site for increased traffic and brand recognition.

As many of you know, we need to watch for agent signs when shooting the front yards as these tours could get flagged as “branded” with the agent sign in the shot. I say this because most of my Zillow Home Listings have a Coming soon Yard Sign already posted before I get the call to Shoot Zillow shots.
Post 10 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
👍😎🎈
Post 11 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

Post 12 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Los Angeles
Dan, I presume you’ll be posting this afterward as a video. As life happens, I will not be able to join live today as I will be with a RE client inspecting the ruins of their 11,300 sq ft estate in Lobo Canyon, Agoura Hills, CA. It had been on the market - 31700LoboCanyon.com - Thankfully they had good fire insurance, but they escaped with just a couple computers and the clothes they were wearing.

Post 13 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

@Home3D

Wow! That's crazy. Glad the homeowners are okay.

I can't even imagine ...

Our thoughts are with all those affected by the fires.

Yes. I will be posting today's Live at 5 tomorrow, Friday, 16 November 2018 to this WGAN Forum discussion.

Best,

Dan
Post 14 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

Post 15 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

WGAN-TV: Zillow 3D Home Demo and Discussion for Newbies with Zillow's Steve Lake (Zillow Photography Team) and Mitch Dawson (Zillow 3D Homes App Product Team)

Hi All,

In this WGAN-TV show that aired live today (Thursday, 15 November 2018) (recording above), Zillow announced that:

✓ you can use the Zillow 3D Homes App (iOS) paired with a Ricoh Theta V to create 3D Tours that can be shared anywhere (via link or iFrame embed code).
✓ this is huge news because it means you get free processing and hosting by Zillow (which looks like it is Zillow branding free) (I need to double-check this.)
✓ So, for the cost of a Ricoh Theta V camera, you can shoot and publish the Zillow 3D Home tour in (presently 9 markets) and likely across the United States in 2019
✓ Nine testing markets are:
1. San Diego
2. Phoenix
3. Las Vegas
4. Dallas
5. Orlando
6. Houston
7. Atlanta
8. Denver
9. Oklahoma
✓ If you are researching buying Matterport, you may find using Zillow 3D Home tours meets your needs.
✓ If you are using Matterport, it is likely that you will want to also shoot Zillow 3D Home tours so that you can publish to Zillow. The only 3D tours that Zillow supports are Zillow 3D Home tours
✓ Zillow 3D Home tours likely moves up the Zillows listing in Zillow search
✓ While other 360º cameras will likely be supported by Zillow 3D Homes App (iOS), if you buy a 360º 1-click camera other than a Ricoh Theta V, make sure that it supports the Open Spherical Camera (OSC) API Specifications (and which version)
✓ you can not Photoshop the 360º panoramas
✓ at some point, you will likely be able to use 360º photos from any camera to upload to Zillow 3D Home
✓ Zillow websites

1. Zillow 3D Home home page
2. Zillow Photography Program - Home page for the Zillow Photography Program – if a you want to become Zillow Certified, and get training on 3D Home, fill out the form
3. Zillow Consumer Trends Report for 2018 - the “Buyers” section should have some nuggets on 3D, etc
4. Buy Ricoh Theta V on Amazon (Must be the V version to work with Zillow 3D Home)
5. Borrow a Ricoh Theta V from the WGAN 360º 1-Click Camera Loaner Program

Best,

Dan
Post 16 IP   flag post
ericlien private msg quote post Address this user
Dan
terrific video
really gives a good option for my clients, realtors and especially the home sellers and buyers
certainly this is not the same type output as a MP solution but for some clients, good is good enough

especially like
> easy GUI
> workflow
> free app w ability to create, process
> camera HD agnostic long term... Theta V now
> democratization of 3D tours... viral nature
> addresses the 90+% of market that do not use 3D now

This is game changing definitely will help save time and make 3D tours more accessible to the masses
Eric

Zillo is definitely the 800# gorilla in the real estate market
some of the research....195M users per month website visits... 60% of market not including Trulia
Post 17 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@ericlien

Thanks!

You can see why I almost fell off my chair!

Plus, this WGAN Forum discussion - two years ago - seems relevant:

Matterport Scan: Is Good Enough; Good Enough?

And, thanks for sharing these stats. Sure drives home the importance of Zillow Tour:

Quote:
Originally Posted by @ericlien
Zillow is definitely the 800# gorilla in the real estate market
some of the research....195M users per month... 60% listings

Happy Thanksgiving,

Dan
Post 18 IP   flag post
ericlien private msg quote post Address this user
Dan
I definitely will be trying this out over the thanksgiving weekend
with my Theta V as the interface and app look very user friendly

This is a real game changer for the residential market if this 3D Home app takes hold
like the statement that it democratizes the 3D tour for all homes... ie the other 95%
offered in conjunction with other solutions like Cupix and MP it will open up additional revenues

Have a great Thanksgiving... I plan to document mine with a cool 360 photo
Eric
Post 19 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@ericlien

Yes. Please do share your test drive with the WGAN Forum Community.

Happy Thanksgiving,

Dan
Post 20 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Los Angeles
Hi Dan,
Took me until this morning to watch this superb video demonstration of the upcoming 3D Home system. Despite the mediocre quality of "Zillow videos", I've been a proponent since they arrived. My budget clients have loved them. My take is that this will have a much bigger impact, largely because Zillow is opening the door to let 3D Home be used on any platform, the smartest move Zillow has ever made. I do not expect most agents to make these, as it's more involved that making a Zillow Video, but they'll want them from their photographers.

The clock is now ticking (or fuse is lit?) for MP to do something big. The only thing I think big enough is to get Realtor (quickly) to promote MP big time on their landing page PLUS do broadcast advertising. Realtor.com has had this incredible unique asset of MP for several years and has frittered it away with virtually no consumer promotion and a teeny tiny "3D View" button on their image window. Now the grim reaper is at their door and it may be too late for them.

3D Home is a poor equivalent to MP, no dollhouse, less elegant movement, no floor plans... but VHS was poor compared to Beta videocassettes (yeah, I'm old enough to remember) and we know what happened there.

Dan, encourage Steve and Mitch to:
- provide photographer logo nadir patch - this is key and will speed adoption.
- provide details on the ranking boost (Zillow has decreased the Zillow Video ranking boost! Boo.)

Dan, how quickly can I get a loaner?!
Post 21 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Home3D

Thank you for the insight and backstory.

I will reach out to Steve and Mitch this week on both your (excellent) points.

The WGAN 360º Camera Loaner Program kicks off 1 January 2018. Thanks for your patience.

The WGAN 360º Camera Loaner Order Form is in the WGAN Welcome Onboard Letter.

Happy Holidays,

Dan
Post 22 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
@Home3D - You're going to love it! 15 minutes vs 30 or so with the spin around phone motor with ugly stitching. This setup is awesome!!!

@DanSmigrod - I second the boo factor on Zillow videos loosing rank and really like the idea if placing a photographer patch to help spread the word on who can an agent contact to get a Zillow 3D for their listing.
Post 23 IP   flag post
TrustedPhotoDC private msg quote post Address this user
Almost finished watching, but Dan come on, you calling this a 3D tour (over and over) and equating to what the MP platform can do, is complete nonsense(and you know that.)

Congratulations Zillow, you just accomplished what IPIX was doing in the late 90’s.

...and for the last freaking time, those are chevrons, not arrows.
Post 24 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTLV
@DanSmigrod - I second the boo factor on Zillow videos loosing rank and really like the idea if placing a photographer patch to help spread the word on who can an agent contact to get a Zillow 3D for their listing.

Yes. I am on it this week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by @TrustedPhotoDC
Almost finished watching, but Dan come on, you calling this a 3D tour (over and over) and equating to what the MP platform can do, is complete nonsense(and you know that.)

Forgive me Father for I have sinned (and promise to call "it" Zillow 360º Tours going forward (with the first reference that Zillow calls it Zillow 3D Home).

Okay?

Happy holidays,

Dan
Post 25 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Los Angeles
Bless you, my son. Go forth and multiply.
Post 26 IP   flag post
101436 26 26
This topic is archived. Start new topic?