Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 39 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
3DReal EstateZillowZillow 3D Home

Zillow 3D Home app6165

Bernardhhi private msg quote post Address this user
I just downloaded and tested the Zillow 3D Home app and although Zillow has not rolled it out nationwide for publishing, it does allow you to create and view the tour on your Iphone. I was wondering if anyone on this forum in the Phoenix area has used the App and published the results? How do you think this will impact MSP's when it's eventually rolled out across the country.

My first impression is that after taking just 3 rooms my arms ache!! However, I can see this being used by a lot of agents unwilling to pay for a true 3D experience like Matterport.

Zillow 3D-Home: clickable text

App Download: clickable text

Bernie
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@Bernardhhi

Thank you for sharing: especially since Zillow 3D Home (beta) is only available in the Phoenix area.

Dan
Post 2 IP   flag post
TrustedPhotoDC private msg quote post Address this user
Nothing 3D about this (as I said when the initial presser was published). Just adding ‘3D’ to a title does not magically add a stereoscopic experience. Likely will be as exciting as Zillow’s non-editable mobile phone videos. Low end of the market? Not interested.
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@TrustedPhotoDC

What I about the Zillow 3D Home App (beta) initiate in Phoenix is that initiates like this will dramatically increase demand for Matterport (and other) 3D Tour solutions.

AOL was like training wheels for the internet. Google Cardboard is the first taste of VR.

Zillow competitors - such as Realtor.com - have a strategic alliance with Matterport (and are a Matterport investor).

While we all are bonkers that Matterport has not figured out how to work with Zillow (once upon a time they did), eventually, Matterport and Zillow will figure it out. In the mean time, Zillow's initiatives with video and "3D" will force competitors to do better.

I could imagine that you get calls from prospects that say, "My competitor is doing [Matterport]. I need to do [Matterport] to stay on par."

Best,

Dan
Post 4 IP   flag post
Bernardhhi private msg quote post Address this user
Dan

I agree. Like all marketing, it’s in differentiating the product/service you offer from the competition. As @TrustedPhotoDC rightly points out Zillow 3D Home is NOT 3D however, the uniformed Public will not know the difference.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanSmigrod
@TrustedPhotoDC

What I about the Zillow 3D Home App (beta) initiate in Phoenix is that initiates like this will dramatically increase demand for Matterport (and other) 3D Tour solutions.

This is the most pro-Matterport thing I've seen @DanSmigrod post in a while on the forum It contains HOPE for future excellence beyond even my optimism

I think Zillow have a weird desire to only use democratized methods for image aggregation and do not want to use anyone else's platforms.
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

Video: We Get Around Network Forum Founder Dan Smigrod shares his of Matterport

@Metroplex360

I must have had a weak moment. Perhaps I should redact that

Actually, always a fan a Matterport. Just showing tough love most of the time.

Dan
Post 7 IP   flag post
TrustedPhotoDC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Dramatically increase? Nah, Zillow didn't do much for video, why would they for virtual tours? Zillow is really trying to put-one-over on people with the 3D nomenclature. If anything, it is good bait to market against. Call them out with your true 3D capture system.

Quote:

AOL was like training wheels for the internet. Google Cardboard is the first taste of VR.

That's like saying virtual tours are something new. We were slinging iPix tours 20 years ago.

Quote:
While we all are bonkers that Matterport has not figured out how to work with Zillow (once upon a time they did), eventually, Matterport and Zillow will figure it out. In the mean time, Zillow's initiatives with video and "3D" will force competitors to do better.

Doubtful, it's about control, experience and the user. User has to leave Zillow for a MP Space. Same issue that AirBnB has with MP. Once the user is in the MP Space, neither can control the experience. Zillow wants their own dogfood.
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

Hi All,

Signed up on Thursday (18 January 2018), for when it is available in Atlanta. I received this email today (19 January 2018).

Above is the email that I received from Zillow.

Best,

Dan
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Hi All,

My guests on WGAN-TV Live at 5 (5 pm EST | GMT -5 on Thursday 22, February 2018 are:

✓ Steve Lake from the Zillow Photography Program
✓ Allison Light, Zillow Group Senior Product Manager

The topic for the show is: Zillow 3D Home Tour for Newbies

Zillow is likely to roll-out Zillow 3D Home tour service nationwide in 2018.

Found out how and why to shoot a Zillow 3D Home.

Best,

Dan
Post 10 IP   flag post
101421 10 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?