Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
3D ShowcasedoorNavigationProblemsStrategy

invisible doors815

Columbia, MO
Showcas3D private msg quote post Address this user
did the below scan for one of the biggest builders in town which hopefully will lead to many more scans down the road. everything turned out really good with the scan except a few doors that appear open but I can't walk thru.

front door
worked fine. did scans with it closed then scanned from further away with it open and worked my way to it and thru it with no issues to scan the outside.

basement/patio door (level 1)
used the same method as I did for the front door, scanned room first, opened door and scanned away from it and worked to it and then scanned outside. can go to the window looking at the patio and click on the circle and it lets me go outside thru the wall but then can't walk inside thru the door. add a few scans right inside and outside the door?

hallway/garage door (level 2)
did the hallway first and could only open the door 90' bc of a stopper. came back later and got the stopper off to open the door open 180' and scanned once right in the doorframe and it matched it up with the previous scans and then did the garage. guessing I need to come back in the hallway, open the door again and do 2-3 scans in the hallway with the door open to get them to match up and create a hole for the door?

kitchen/deck door (level 2)
used the same method as I did for the front door, scanned room first, opened door and scanned away from it and worked to it and then scanned outside. can go to the windows looking at the deck and click on the circle and it lets me go outside thru the wall but then can't walk inside thru the door. add a few scans right inside and outside the door?

master bedroom/bath door (level 3)
originally scanned the bathroom right after the bedroom but was having issues with the mirrors so I kept getting scan errors. went to the hallway to scan, then closet, then bathroom and scanned it with the door closed. did one last scan right inside the door with the door open to the bedroom thinking it would then let you walk thru the door. thinking I need to add a few scans inside and outside of the bathroom with the door open to create the door, thoughts?

i'm probably going to delete the outside scans walking down the patio and around the garage and just leave the front porch and corner deck/patio since I probably won't be able to do this on all scans and the exterior walls block views. I got lucky on this one bc it was cloudy and the sun was setting.

I'm goin back Monday afternoon to get the additional scans if that's what is needed. any help would be appreciated as I want to get this right before I show them the 3D model

Post 1 IP   flag post
Columbia, MO
here is the link for the model: https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=uFrQARqcGkj

looks like Matterport got rid of the WORKSHOP URL, is that right?
Post 2 IP   flag post
RealEstateReadines private msg quote post Address this user
If yo have a scan with a door shut you are telling the model that there is a barrier there. Even though you might have another 15 scans with door open, you have at least 1 saying it is solid and not an opening. Doors need to remain open if you plan on going through them.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Columbia, MO
if that's the case @RealEstateReadines, then why can I walk out the front door? I scanned several times in front of it with it closed and then a few times with it open and it lets me walk out of it
Post 4 IP   flag post
JonJ private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Showcas3D,

I was not able to walk out the front door, but I did see an artifact present as I transitioned from scan point to scan point approaching the door. If you go into the mesh view of the model, you will be able to see if there are any obstructions to any of the doors in the model. Also, just a friendly tip, in the long hallway with the the mirror in the bathroom, you don't want to stand behind the camera as it scans and you might consider setting the camera a bit off center as you negotiate the hallway to minimize the number of scans the camera is visible in the mirror.

Hope this helps,
Jon
Post 5 IP   flag post
Columbia, MO
if you click on the blue scan, the door opens and then you can click on the scan on the front porch to go outside.

I typically move into a different room/area when the scan is going on and I prob forgot to on that one since there was room to walk around the camera when I was scanning. good catch

Post 6 IP   flag post
mikeE private msg quote post Address this user
I think the trick the distance at which you transition.
Post 7 IP   flag post
101436 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?