Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 817 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,913 Page Views | 19,259 Unique Visitors | 28 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
iPadMatterport Showcase App

Upload spaces from Pc or Mac8078

JavieB private msg quote post Address this user
Hi.
I think is not possible but, can I Upload spaces from Pc or Mac and in order to do it from the IPad?

Regards
Post 1 IP   flag post
immersivespaces private msg quote post Address this user
No, you must use the iPad app.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Sarnia, Canada
June private msg quote post Address this user
@JavieB iPad is used from the Capture App. Workshop is where you work on them and cannot open on a iPad. You have to work on them in workshop from your PC not your iPad. Hope this helps. I think that is what you are asking although if you are uploading to the cloud it must be from your iPad as immersivespaces suggested.
Post 3 IP   flag post
George_WALKINTOUR private msg quote post Address this user
You can work it on the iPad, but speaking from experience, accessing it on my iPad Pro from a browser like Chrome can be VERY challenging. I would also recommend doing it on a desktop computer. The touchscreen can make it difficult to maneuver within the model. It can make it worse if your processing speed isn't up to par.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Thanks for the answers.

What I mean is that it would be much more productive to be able to transfer the files from the iPad to a PC or Mac after capture a space and them upload from the PC or Mac.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Sarnia, Canada
June private msg quote post Address this user
Awe then no you have to do that from the iPad. No other choice.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Cincinnati, OH
leonherbert private msg quote post Address this user
@javieB it would be, but Matterport likes to keep its software under lock and key.
With this camera/system you are caught in whatever they want, unlike any other system in the galaxy.

You could spend $10000 and get the LEICA BLK360. You have some sort of options with that system. But at such an attractive price I am not about to run and get it. The matterport app generally gets the job done however.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Matterport should offer the option to upload(at least by Matterport software) the spaces from PC or Mac. It is a waste of time to have the Ipad in use just to upload a space. If I am not wrong, this prevents you to be capturing a new space at the same time.
Post 8 IP   flag post
immersivespaces private msg quote post Address this user
I would just add that now that Apple is moving to add support for iOS apps in the MacOS, creating a laptop version of the capture app should be a no brainer. Also ends iPad backup issue since your captures would be backed up in your normal laptop backup process.
Post 9 IP   flag post
@immersivespaces Undoubtedly

With the expensive cost of the service applied for storage, processing and publication in street view, it´s difficult to understand that Matterport doesn´t provide this option to users.
Post 10 IP   flag post
101640 10 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?