Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 817 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,913 Page Views | 19,259 Unique Visitors | 29 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
MarketingResearchStatistics

Is the interest in Matterport growing, flat or declining?8004

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

Screen Grab 1: Google Trends: Matterport 1 January 2014 through 10 October 2018

Screen Grab 2: Google Trends: Matterport Camera | 1 January 2014 through 10 October 2018

Hi All,

Above are ...

Interest Over Time in Matterport (Screen Grab 1) and
Interest Over Time in Matterport Camera (Screen Grab 2)

... keywords via Google Trends for the period 1 January 2014 through yesterday (10 October 2018).

I could imagine that one might need to add research results such as: Matterport + Matterport Camera + Matterport Pro 2 Camera, etc. to see a true Interest Over Time.

What conclusions do you draw from these Google Trends charts?

How does that align with your Matterport Service Provider business?

Any statisticians/researchers amongst us that can add some analysis here?

Best,

Dan
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
VTLV private msg quote post Address this user
Cold as Ice .. for new business.

Post 2 IP   flag post
AYODELE private msg quote post Address this user
@DanSmigrod
I really appreciate this thread. Would love to see statistic on this topic.

Thanks Dan.
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Chicago
rzphotoman private msg quote post Address this user
For realtors, I would say flat to declining.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Los Angeles
Home3D private msg quote post Address this user
My business in MP is currently growing. As best I can tell, factors are: (1) I’ve been doing presentations at brokerages, (2) the local market is slowing down, prices declining, DOM is increasing so agents more willing to look at new marketing options, and (3) my referrals from agents to agents are up. I don’t see as a big trend, but that’s what I’ve been experiencing. Most agents in L.A. have still never done a MP on a listing.
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@VTLV
@AYODELE
@Home3D
@rzphotoman

Based on your replies, looks like we do not have consensus for:

✓ Is the interest in Matterport growing, flat or declining?

I look forward to hearing from more WGAN Forum Members on this question.

best,

Dan
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Saugatuck, Michigan
fotoguy private msg quote post Address this user
Here is how I see it at least in my area. The housing market is on fire. Houses sell within days, if not hours of being listed. A downturn in housing will help MP photographers as realtors will have to work harder to make their listing stand out. Some realtors realize the advantage of staying ahead of the pack and are using the new technology to the fullest. Sadly, most realtors go with what works for them and in a hot market, why would they take more money out of the pocket to pay for a mp tour when photos from their phone will suffice?

Keep marketing to the folks but explore other areas of interest for you MP. Retail, construction, etc. What goes up always comes down and when it does, the MP photographers will be there to catch them and make their listing shine above the others. My 2 cents.
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Los Angeles
Home3D private msg quote post Address this user
I concur with Fotoguy, even though i’m contradicting my own post from three months ago. Strong housing market = agents who see little need to invest in marketing. MP expansion is captive to the same forces as Cupix, Geo and all similar systems - Will the public demand it.(?) That’s the issue. The public now demands that listings have photos, so no agent dares to suggest listing a home without them. Any agent who proposed “no photos” to s seller would be shown the door.

This is why all marketing efforts of MP, Cupix, Geo, etc should be on informing the public about what is now possible. When the public understands, they’ll demand it from agents and our phones will ring.

The outlier here is Zillow and their coming 3D Home system. This is different because Zillow has the platform to make the public aware of walkthroughs. They could do it in one month if they chose to. Then, suddenly, ordinary homeowners would know what’s possible and demand walkthroughs.

Would that rub off on “Mercedes” walkthroughs like MP, or just help Zillow? Time will tell. But the adoption so far is slow enough that I hope Zillow does push it. Awareness and expectation are everything.
Post 8 IP   flag post
101636 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?