Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,033 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
.objFloor PlansMatterport WorkshopMeasurementsShowcase

Measurements in Matterport Showcase instead of Matterport Workshop?7806

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

I received this email ...

Got suggestions?

Best,

Dan

--

Hi Dan,

You helped me find an MSP in [redacted] a few months back... Thank you again for that referral and that project did turn out successfully.

The client is now looking for more detailed measurements than what's offered on the Matterport Floorplan. Ideally, they want the "Measure tool" in Workspace to appear in Showcase...

Do you have any recommendations when someone is looking for detailed measurements of all walls, windows, and doors?

Here are the options I've come up with so far:

- I could manually use Measure Tool in Workspace and then edit/annotate measurements on top of Matterport Floorplan PDF.

- I could obtain the .OBJ and bring it into another program.

Which of these methods do you recommend? What software do you recommend bringing the .OBJ file into for this purpose? Any completed examples I could show my client? Do you happen to do this work or know anyone else that could pay to do it on short turnaround?

Please feel free to call me if it's easier to discuss this over the phone, [redacted]. Thank you!

Regards,

[redacted]
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
Reading, United Kingdom
mcuddy private msg quote post Address this user
I would love this feature... been on my mind too over the past few days.
Post 2 IP   flag post
DougTse private msg quote post Address this user
I've got the Matterport Pro2 and also the iGUIDE Camera System. I use the iGUIDE for my clients that need a measurement report for their property. It works great and have money-well spent on it.
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@mcuddy

An example of "user case" for the feature?

@DougTse

Can you share an iGuide measurement report for a property? Also, ideally, the user of the 3D Tour can take their own measurements. ( "While my sofa fit?" )

Best,

Dan
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
Reading, United Kingdom
mcuddy private msg quote post Address this user
Dan,

I'm mainly thinking in the hospitality space to make sure everything fits for a particular event- Event planners, stage managers, caterers that bring their own kit etc. But also homeowners wanting simple renovations without the need for a detailed point cloud (sitting with he kitchen salesman and giving him the measurements for his staging system)
Post 5 IP   flag post
ProGuideMedia private msg quote post Address this user
So I also shoot with both the iGuide, and Matterport camera. The iGuide is by far the most accurate, and quickest option to shoot a listing. They are basically two different tools. Go to the hardware store to get a hammer, and you see there are numerous types of hammers for different applications.

The iGuide strength is that it is an all in one marketing platform for realtors and property management companies.
here is a link: Residential ListingThis scan, roughly 3,000 sq.ft., only took me an hour.

The Matterport strength is presentation. It has a "cool" factor, but once you get over that, the measurements aren't as accurate, you have to pay extra for a floorplan, slower, and to get into the crazy cool stuff (using the 3d data) you need to be technically savvy. Using WP3DModels kinda helps with the presentation aspect, but that's it.

For event planners, Matterport probably is fine, unless there are people walking all over. I would never sell my services for measurement capabilities with a Matterport to get renovators, or homeowners.
Post 6 IP   flag post
DougTse private msg quote post Address this user
https://youriguide.com/715_anza_st_san_francisco_ca

Here’s a vacant property in SF to measure. We also provided virtual staging to give some perspective as well of their space located in the gallery.
Post 7 IP   flag post
iGuide CIO
and Co-Founder
Kitchener CAN
Kevin_iGuide private msg quote post Address this user
@mcuddy,
Here is a link to a banquet facility - #The_Fields_Reserve in Wisconsin.
#Elite_Exposure shot an iGUIDE for them; which has been used on their website and Google.
The iGUIDE is used for event planners, potential clients and event crews.
iGUIDE: https://youriguide.com/2479_glenn_drive_stoughton_wi
Post 8 IP   flag post
sqfeet private msg quote post Address this user
I own and operate Square Feet Photography and Floor Plans here in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. I have both the iGuide camera as well as Matterport. I like how iGUIDE provides reliable room measurements, floor area calculations and floor plans.

It also has a measuring tool feature that you can use in any room to determine whether a sofa, a table or a bed would fit there. It has a ton of cool features that are easy to use and that even the most tech un-savvy clients can use.

I find the iGuide's measurements much more accurate than Matterport.

Matterport has a more thorough walkthrough 3D tour flow that moves you from room to room.

But, if the client is really looking for more precise room measurements I would steer them toward an iGUIDE operator in their area.
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN
3rd Party
Service
Beijing
JuMP private msg quote post Address this user
Hello All,

JuMP team had released a POC (proof of concept) long time ago with the function of in showcase measurement.
https://www.wegetaroundnetwork.com/topic/6201/page/1/new-in-december---cupix-review/#7

In this POC you can use mouse right key to measure within the showcase anytime.
>>1st click to set the start point;
>>2nd click to set the stop point and get the result;
>>3rd click to start a new measure...
>>Two clicks at same place will close the display of measure result.

>>Hold middle key and push or pull mouse will zoom the window so that you can see the result in zoom mode;
>>Click the middle key will show you something special.

The POC is tested in Chrome under windows system.
The original showcase link was here for your reference, thanks Lisa to provide the showcase to be our POC.

BTW JuMP team provide you another physical method for measuring, no PC required just A4 paper.
The JuMP PDF report for your showcase from JuMP-ME v2.0
Below are some examples:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=14vto1fTFtwmbXQVU8aMoBpc3AW6nBWbB
http://www.iit3d.com/PRO2/FmDYedjofjo_ALLA4.zip
http://www.iit3d.com/PRO2/67Q3NVPgGpk_ALLA4.zip

Just print out the X-ray style floor map pages on A4 paper.
And you can measure any length (horizontal only) in our the X-ray style floor map with the special rulers that cut off from top and right edge of this map paper (fold them along the middle line, to make the ruler easy to use).

An example x-ray style floor map was attached here for reference.
The color in this floor map show the height of the object. BLUE is close to ground and RED is close to roof, GREEN is in the middle.

JuMP team is focus on measurement of Matterport showcase for long time.
Our JuMP-ME v1.0, JuMP-ME v2.0 and JuMP Extension were designed for Sq.Ft/Sq.M measurement of Matterport showcase.

Please follow below link of WGA topic about them:
https://www.wegetaroundnetwork.com/topic/6661/page/1/most-convenient-tool-for-sqftsqm-by-now/

Thank you for reading.
JuMP team from Beijing China
Post 10 IP   flag post
101437 10 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?