Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
bugMatterport WorkshopProblems

Workshop 2 Bugs (and Work-Around)+ Problem77

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Bugs and Problem: In the release of Matterport 3D Worksop 2 (1 December 2014), I experienced the following bug (and problem). Using Unity (Launch) – or clicking a screen grab in Workshop View – I am not able to "capture" a photo using the current version of Safari (v8.0) on a MacBook Pro (OS Yosemite v10.10.1). Additionally, I can no longer "see" the crop for screen capture (because of the "panel" that covers the "Scan".)

Work-Around + Problem:
As a work-around, we are able to use Firefox (v34) within Unity, but not in Workshop View.

Chrome still does not work with Unity.

I have reported the bugs to Matterport Support along with a request to re-enable "see" when cropping a screen capture of a Scan. (I will post again once Matterport Support replies.)

Other than the separate "TERMS" link thread, are you experiencing other challenges with the new Workshop 2 update?

(We are excited to be able to set the "Starting Position" for the 3D Showcase.)
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Matterport Support writes:

... i checked with Engineering, they are aware and actively working on this issue. In the mean time i would suggest using the Firefox browser.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Missoula, MT
rpetersn private msg quote post Address this user
Hey Dan...

Thanks for noting that the Workshop had been updated. I hadn't opened that up since Dec. 1 and its nice to see some new tools in there.

There's a note here about being able to set the "Starting position" of a Showcase....but I didn't see a tool/setting for that. Did I miss something?

Thx...rp
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Hey Ross @rpetersn ...

Step 1: "Snapshot" --> "Capture" For the "Starting Position"
Step 2: Check box for Starting Position (1st Capture)
Step 3: You can change your mind to 'Check Mark' different "Capture"

Happy holidays,

Dan

Post 4 IP   flag post
Tim private msg quote post Address this user
The only problem is once you select a starting location it then becomes the background pic when losing the model. I was disappointed about this as the starting location isn't always exactly going to be the best one to showcase the model...
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Tim ...

I'm not sure I understand your concern. Can you ask or state a different way?

You can select a different "capture" screen to use as the "Start View" ... Does that answer/help?

Dan
Post 6 IP   flag post
We have edited a few models using Workshop 2. If you have an ugly start by default (i.e looking at a wall or similar), and you grab a new capture to use as a start location (normally at the entrance), that image is now also the main background pic you will see on your player when it is embedded or loading etc. The starting scan location rarely correlates to a good "Showcase" Background picture...
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Tim Thank you for clarifying ...

Yes. You are absolutely correct.

In Workshop (v2), the "fly-in" and 3D Showcase "imagine behind text" are the SAME. Yes. We should have the option to set each independently.

As a step in the right direction, I am thrilled to have the SAME versus not being able to set at all.

In case the Matterport Product Development team is not reading this discussion, okay if you let Matterport Support know?

Happy holidays,

Dan
Post 8 IP   flag post
Yep, had done before this post.

Cheers
Post 9 IP   flag post
101422 9 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?