Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 25 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
3D ShowcaseAdviceCapture 2.xScansTips

Blinds Open-Blinds Shut753

seanminor private msg quote post Address this user
All right everyone. I have a few scans under my belt now and I am amazed at how well the camera handles low lit areas. Sometimes it would appear that there is too much light coming in, even with the blinds closed halfway. What do you guys think about keeping the shades fully closed on those sunny days? Do you get a better shot without some of the harsh lighting effects?
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
Denver
pixelray private msg quote post Address this user
I always shut blinds if it's bright. If really early or close to dark, I will leave open.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Orange, California
craigsauer private msg quote post Address this user
I agree. I used to worry about a room or a scan coming out too dark, but I don't think that has actually happened. It's much more of a problem to have glare or open windows looking too bright in a scan. Unless there's an amazing view to see, blinds and curtains closed.

Craig
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@seanminor

1. I begin capture with a compass so that, when possible, I do not have direct light into the windows.

2. If I can not avoid bright sun, I will do my best to capture the room anyway. Then, I will return to that room (during the same shoot) to add the "walk around" scans. (All other scans where needed for the Dollhouse, Floor Plan and to keep moving to the next space, BUT these "sunlight" scans get de-activated in 3D Workshop.)

Because many of the outdoor views of the $1+ million listings matter (that's a pun), I may shoot for five hours instead of an hour. And, in the hour of 'magic hour' lighting I do scans for the 'walk around' experience.

You'll see in this $3,500/night 2-story Penthouse, the windows are wide open and the lighting looks nice. That's not an accident. Here are my 11 Tips for Capturing Magical Matterport 3D Showcase Models ... including #11 Scanning to avoid direct sunlight in windows, mirrors and skylights.

I did 104 scans and only used 44 of them: I deactivated the rest.

Best,

Dan

Post 4 IP   flag post
101646 4 4
This topic is archived. Start new topic?