Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 406 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 32,418 Page Views | 18,255 Unique Visitors | 24 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Photo SparcQualityTurnaroundVersusWorkflow

Quality vs Turnaround time7366

WGAN Standard
Saugatuck, Michigan
fotoguy private msg quote post Address this user
How does everybody balance quality photos with the realtors need to get the 2d’s quickly so they can list the property. Example: We did a MP tour early this afternoon. It’s pocessing at MP. (Which seems to take forever). If that is done processing by early this evening, I still need to get my 2d photos out of it and upload to in my case, Photo Sparc. He will give 24hour service but that doesn’t guarantee them by 3pm when I need them for uploading to MLS as requested by the realtor.
I would really like to give the best photos possible to my customer.
Post 1 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
We guarantee tours within 24 hours, but tell our agents it will be 48 hours for the first 10-15 still shots if they are extracted from the tour. If the agent is paying for still shots we shot separate of the 3D tour we have a 24 hours turn around time for them as well. To satisfy our agent that are in a hurry we up sell our tour and separate photo package.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

WGAN-TV Best Practices Shooting Real Estate Video and PhotoAndVideoEdits.com Demo and Discussion

@fotoguy

I wonder if:

1. You could promise by 6 pm next day (and Photo Sparc) give you a commitment that would enable you to deliver to your Clients.
2. If Standard turnaround should be 6 pm and charge extra for early delivery and pay Photo Sparc a premium for faster turnaround

Another option might be PhotoAndVideoEdits.com. While they guarantee 24 hour turnaround, typically the photos are ready the next morning.

As a WGAN Standard Member, you get 50 photos edited for free as soon as you join PhotoAndVideoEdits.com and 35 photos edited free for the next 11 months.

Here is the We Get Around PhotoAndVideoEdits.com Promo Code Order Form from the Welcome Onboard Letter. I will PM you both passwords.

Best,

Dan
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Saugatuck, Michigan
fotoguy private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks Dan for the advice. My big issue is MP processing time. At least on our end it takes 6 hours or more for MP to process a tour. By the time the processing was done last night, I was in bed. She wants photos by 3 today. Luckily, we already had blue skies but that is rarely the case. I know they are anxious to get it up on the market but I really like to put out my best pictures first and they would present so much better if they could just hold off. I could schedule 8am shoots so that the tour will be back in time for me to snapshot the 2d's and send them off.

One potential issue I'm seeing with PhotoandVideoEdits is that it appears they require a subscription. Photo Sparc doesn't so I can send in 60 this month and nothing for two months if I don't require it.

This particular problem was solved today as we had blue skies and I manipulated some of the exposures and saturations on my own. I can't be the only one having this issue, especially with MP taking several hours to process a tour.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@fotoguy

My impression is that Matterport could speed up processing time by paying Amazon Cloud more money. If Matterport offered an option for one hour turnaround (if that is technically doable), how much would you pay extra when in a pinch (and could you charge your Clients more)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by @fotoguy
One potential issue I'm seeing with PhotoandVideoEdits is that it appears they require a subscription. Photo Sparc doesn't so I can send in 60 this month and nothing for two months if I don't require it.

While PhotoAndVideoEdits.com requires a subscription:

1. All your credits roll-over each month: no penality
2. You can easily change and pick the number of credits in your monthly subscription, even if that's one (1) credit

Your thoughts?

Dan

P.S. Glad you had blue skies and were able to take care of this Client. If you price so that you can deliver in 48 hours or 24 hours or by 6 pm next day (and charge a rush charge), many of your Clients might opt for 24 hour turnaround or by 6 pm next day. You can decide on a case-by-case basis if you are going to wave the rush charge.
Post 5 IP   flag post
101705 5 5
This topic is archived. Start new topic?