Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 488 Unique Visitors
9,045 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 33,567 Page Views | 18,421 Unique Visitors | 26 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AdviceNewbiesReal EstateRealtor.comRealtorsStatisticsTrulia.com

Matterport for Zillow, Hot Pads, Trulia?7216

MarkCantu private msg quote post Address this user
Showing my newbie roots again - I looked at my listing on the real estate websites, and I see my listing on Realtor.com, but not the others. Curious to know what is the next step? I have to say, I work with another virtual tour company, and I can generate a weekly report that shows where the listing is getting the most views, as well as, several other pieces of useful information. I know Matterport has an elementary "hit" report, but as a Real Estate Broker I am not impressed, nor do I think other Realtors and their clients will be impressed. The other tour company places tours out to all real estate websites.
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Los Angeles
Home3D private msg quote post Address this user
Hang in there. I'm a photographer and Matterport MSP for about 2 years now. My impression is that Matterport is working to get more platforms to display MP models. Currently they can appear on most MLS's, Realtor.com, Homes.com and Redfin. Interesting, Redfin creates a MP model for EVERY listing where the seller has listed with Redfin instead of a traditional agent. But MP models created by other agents can be displayed on Redfin as well. Zillow / Trulia are a holdout and it may be for the reason that Newscorp, owned by Rupert Murdoch, has a financial stake in both Matterport and Realtor.com. I speculate that this is behind Zillow's holdout position on MP. Trulia is, of course, also owned by Zillow. Zillow has been pursuing a way to do 3D without accepting MP. Time will tell if they do. Their most recent attempt was lame.

I understand that MP is now estimated to be used on 5% of U.S. listings nationwide. If it continues to grow, Zillow will have to reconsider their position eventually. I'm not holding my breath, but just doing the best photo, video and especially MP work I can do in the meanwhile.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
VTLV private msg quote post Address this user
I don't advertise that I can feed the tour links to listing websites.

Agents get confused as it is now, trying to explain how we can feed to Realtor.com as a 3d model but not as a Virtual Tour link.

Keep the burden on the agent to insert the links themselves on the MLS to get fed. I use my own links for tours and do not give out the generic Matterport links.
Creating these pages help drive traffic to your brand of tours instead of passing them off to Matterport, Use your own site traffic monitoring plugins to see how the traffic is working out.
Post 3 IP   flag post
MarkCantu private msg quote post Address this user
@VTLV @Home3D Thank you for the clarification. I started doing virtual tours very early with Realtour Vision. I see that I can use their platform, add Matterport to their tour software, and get incredible distribution to real estate sites. Thanks for letting me know because I see this as a competitive advantage to other MSP in my area.
Post 4 IP   flag post
101587 4 4
This topic is archived. Start new topic?