Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,033 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 39 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
360CamerasCapture AppiStagingtheVRkit

theVRkit update (2 May 2018)6912

egkhoury private msg quote post Address this user
Promoted Post
—-

Hi all,

Here is an update about theVRkit, the solution to turn any smartphone into a 360 Camera:

Here is the Pro Kit:

- theVRkit rotator compatible with all phones (including iPhone X)
- 180S clip-on fish-eye lens, works with all phones, leaves no blind spots
- theVRkit app on iOS and Android with HDR capture (High Dynamic Range) for great results, specially in low lighting conditions, to create 8K 360 images

You can get it on http://www.thevrkit.com for only 99.99 USD, including a free pair of VR glasses (plastic foldable, holds in your pocket) and free shipment (3-5 days).
With the promo code (24W5SP18), you get instantly a discount of 5 USD on your purchase.

Additionally, a beta app for video capture/streaming in 4K is available on iOS only. The rotator spins to capture a 4K image, then the front part is inserted as a video in real-time.

Ready to answer all your questions.

Elie
Post 1 IP   flag post
BrokerBruce private msg quote post Address this user
Is there a tripod mount on the bottom of the rotator?
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@BrokerBruce

Yes. Consumer grade mount. Do you need me to recommend a converter to a Pro tripod mount?

I will see email again the morning...

Dan
Post 3 IP   flag post
BrokerBruce private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Dan, not ready to purchase yet but does look like an economical solution with great results. I would think I could use the one I use with my Pro2. If not I'm open to suggestions.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Standard
Windsor, UK
leonvanzweel private msg quote post Address this user
@egkhoury How long does it take to do a scan? What is the minimum distance from an object before you pick up stitching errors?
Post 5 IP   flag post
A full turn requires 9 images on iOS and 12 on Android (Android sensors are narrower because 16/9). In HDR mode, we capture 3 multi-bracketed shots per image, and this process is a bit slower on Android, except Samsung.
To sum up: 20-30s per scan, eventually 40s in HDR on some Android.

As for stitching errors:
if you offset your phone to put the lens on the rotation axis, there is virtually no parallax, so no stitching errors. This is in theory. Practically, the lens is a bit thick and finding perfect nodal point is not obvious, so very close objects (<50cm) are a bit hard to perfectly tune.

I would like to highlight that some of our professional users that are used to perfect shots are complaining of some stitching errors even on distant objects.
The best would be to check these tours to have an idea of the expected quality:

https://www.istaging.com/en/livetour-gallery
Post 6 IP   flag post
Stitching and HDR fusion are both made on device (no internet connection required) and the process is made in parallel while capturing, so virtually instantly.
Output is 8K on most devices (>1GB on iOS and >2GB on Android).
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@BrokerBruce

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokerBruce
I would think I could use the one I use with my Pro2. If not I'm open to suggestions.

I am confused. Can you ask me your question a different way?

Thanks,

Dan
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @egkhoury
The best would be to check these tours to have an idea of the expected quality:
https://www.istaging.com/en/livetour-gallery

Congrats on your latest release of theVRkit ...

I looked at the iStaging examples. Wow! The quality of the stitching - and image quality - is exceptional. Do you know if iStaging cleaned up stitching errors? It looks like they did a nice job cleaning up the nadir (where the tripod was located).

Best,

Dan
Post 9 IP   flag post
I don't think any manual processing was made. They are using the 180S lens and both Nadir and Zenith are patched by a logo.
Post 10 IP   flag post
KevinBasset private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by egkhoury
I don't think any manual processing was made. They are using the 180S lens and both Nadir and Zenith are patched by a logo.

I can indeed confirm that there was no manual processing made on any of the tours featured here and captured with our VR Maker app.
Post 11 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
Las Vegas
DaveFahrny private msg quote post Address this user
I just received my VRkit Pro. I was amazed that the shipping was so fast. I have been getting familiar with the hardware and have done a few 360 panoramas. I am very impressed with the image quality. I will be doing a video with a few examples. I made this video to show the hardware in the TheVRkit Pro.

Thanks for watching

Post 12 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
Las Vegas
I have been experimenting with TheVRkit. The process is very easy. Just a little learning curve. The support response has been terrific. There are a few additional apps in addition to TheVRkit app that can be downloaded from the App Store. DMDpanorama and HD Capture. I am a Apple guy so I am not sure what the android apps are. Here is a short video of TheVRkit in action.

Post 13 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@DaveFahrny

Thanks for sharing the video demo...

Will you be able to take it for a spin with Zillow 3D Home?

Dan
Post 14 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
Las Vegas
Yes I have Ben talking with the Zillow rep. The new system was going to roll out here in Las Vegas. It has now been rescheduled. I am ready when they are!
Post 15 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@DaveFahrny

Hmmmmmm......

I guess you could test, but not be able to share since Zillow 3D Home in not public (yet) in Las Vegas.

Enjoy your weekend,

Dan
Post 16 IP   flag post
imad private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by egkhoury
Stitching and HDR fusion are both made on device (no internet connection required) and the process is made in parallel while capturing, so virtually instantly.
Output is 8K on most devices (>1GB on iOS and >2GB on Android).

is the output resolution of 8K capped by theVRkit app? i mean different phone cameras has different capabilities.
can we get an image above 8K?
Post 17 IP   flag post
Yes, 8K is capped by theVRkit app, and the reason is the following:
1) on iOS, the highest vertical resolution is 4000 pixels (since the cameras are 12MP = 4000x3000), so you will end up with 8000x4000 as a maximum
2) on Android, it is true that some cameras are 20MP, which leads in theory to the range 5000-6000 pixels for the long dimension, but then you hit our fish-eye lens resolution. We are designing a 3rd generation fish-eye lens that will be able to "separate" 20MP.

Best,
Elie
Post 18 IP   flag post
imad private msg quote post Address this user
@egkhoury Many Thanks for the detailed answer Elie, it was very helpful.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Hi all,

There are 2 iOS beta apps you can play with along with theVRkit:

- 360Video: this app captures a full 360 image while the rotator spins, then starts recording a video when the rotator reaches back its initial position. So it is a 180 video seamlessly inserted inside a 360 photo. The result is impressively sharp (4K video) for a minimal investment. You can save the result to the Camera Roll or stream it on any RTMP internet service (Youtube, FB or other).
The constraint (180 video) is compatible with many different situations where the action happens only on one side. You save bandwidth by streaming only the moving part, and get an exceptionnally good resolution (4K) from a phone.

- 360Visit: you can build a tour with this app, capture with/without a lens, with/without a rotator, create spots, publish the result and get a link. The whole experience is on the device, and you can keep the tour on your phone if you don't want to publish it.

If you would like to try, Private Message me.

I have just created a special 10% discount promo code for WGAN Forum Members: WGAN10SP, available on theVRkit.com. You can order on Amazon if you prefer, but no discount there.

Best,
Elie
Post 20 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@egkhoury

Thank you for offering WGAN Forum Members special savings on theVRkit rotator on your website, www.theVRkit.com ...

About 360Video - the 360º photo with the 180º video - can you post an example or two here?

Thanks,

Dan
Post 21 IP   flag post
Sure Dan, here it is:

Post 22 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@egkhoury

Very cool!

All,

While the video is 360º - only one view (180ºs) is video.

How might you use this feature to make money?

Best,

Dan
Post 23 IP   flag post
101425 23 23
This topic is archived. Start new topic?