Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
BackupDear MatterportHostingHosting FeesPricingStorage

Dear Matterport: About Your Pricing Plans6848

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Matterport,

Please re-visit pricing for Matterport Service Providers.

One small change - first suggested by @Queen_City_3D - would go along way with MSPs.

Specifically:

✓ when a Matterport Space is set to private, do not count the model towards the monthly hosting limit.

This one change is VERY IMPORTANT to Matterport Service Providers: your content creation engine. For what it will cost you in revenue, will be made up in good will.

We look forward to hearing from you on this super-important wish from the WGAN Forum Community.

A long-term solution would be providing a Matterport cloud-hosted back-up and restore solution. This is something that the WGAN Forum Community has been requesting since August 2014.

Best,

Dan

P.S. Here are some related WGAN Forum discussions on this topic:

Here come the Matterport hosting fees!
Serendipity
How to Backup Your Matterport Spaces on iPad
Why You Do Not Want to Delete 3D Models
Post 1 IP   flag post
Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
I do appreciate that Matterport has not held to their threat of model hosting limits... until this week.

Now many of us have to go through years worth of models to delete ones we can so as not to pay "overage fees" of $19/month per 50 models.

With my current model count, that's an EXTRA $114/month I'd have to pay!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

QUESTION: Now that I'll have to be deleting models... will that affect my Space Statistics?

We've been proud of the fact that we've been narrowing in on 1 million impressions...

Does anyone know.... Will deleting the models now lower the space stats count?

I know Matterport throws those Space Stats numbers out there... In February [2018] they announced they had "800,000 spaces captured and more than 330,000,000 visitors to those spaces since we launched our system in June 2014"....

I'm making the assumption that in their marketing they are including spaces that MSPs will now have to delete to be under hosting limits... seems a bit unfair that they can "keep" the spaces in their marketing but we (who actually captured those spaces) cannot
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen_City_3D
Does anyone know.... Will deleting the models now lower the space stats count?

Great question.

If Matterport had a cloud hosted backup and restore solution, we would not be asking any of the above questions.

Seems like the only fair think for Matterport to do is to NOT charge us for Matterport Spaces set to Private or introduce a cloud hosted backup and restore solution.

Because of the Matterport Ecosystem kerfuffle, we now know that models DELETED can be restored (but only by Matterport).

Matterport, we look forward to hearing from you on on both these super-important wishes from the WGAN Forum Community. That said, we would gladly accept one or the other:

✓ not charging for Matterport spaces set to Private
✓ cloud-hosted back up and restore for content creators

Best,

Dan
Post 3 IP   flag post
3dvirtualview private msg quote post Address this user
@DanSmigrod Another question to add to your list may be if there would or would not be a charge for restore as the file is still there.
Post 4 IP   flag post
immersivespaces private msg quote post Address this user
Or better yet... allow us to self-host the models on our own servers.
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@3dvirtualview

Why should there be any charge by Matterport?

It would be in Matterport's best interest that:

✓ models that are in cloud storage (no longer needed) could be restored (count towards hosting)
✓ Matterport Service Providers are happy

I believe that you are either thinking about buying - or about to buy a Matterport Camera. Seems like you would want to know the answer to this discuss before making a decision?

Best,

Dan
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

WGAN-TV: CUPIX Split Screen: Comparing a 3D Tour to BIM Model to Time Frames of 3D Tours with Scott Anderson (@scott_cupix) and Paul Collart (@pcollart) from CUPIX (And @leonvanzweel in the Virtual Studio Audience)
---

Quote:
Originally Posted by immersivespaces
Or better yet... allow us to self-host the models on our own servers.

I could imagine that Matterport will need to seriously consider this option given that CUPIX announced on WGAN-TV Live at 5 on Thursday, 19 April 2018.

From the WGAN Forum discussion ...

WGAN-TV: Split Screen>CUPIX and 3D BIM Model

... this exchange:

Quote:
Originally Posted by @imad
Another point was the offline viewer, that's really amazing because we have too many projects that we can't share publicly, but unfortunately i couldn't find any information about the CPX offline viewer, so if @Scott_cupix is reading this i hope he can provide us some information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by @scott_cupix
@imad
The CPX file is the Cupix offline viewer will be released in the coming month [May 2018]. We will offer a CPX file that is completely offline as you suspect and can be exported once the Cupix tour has been created. You can use the CPX file to view the tour completely offline; initially you should expect to view the CPX by launching an executable on PC or Mac.

Many of the latest features are unannounced and available through our newsletters, so thank-you for asking the question because these tools do actually exist (BIM Compare, 4D Tour, Videogrammetry Input) or are coming soon (CPX). We are nearing an update of our support site and website and soon you'll find all the latest info there, but please keep the questions coming. Thanks!

This is just one example of a platform that hears our pain ....

Best,

Dan
Post 7 IP   flag post
tocha private msg quote post Address this user
@DanSmigrod There are a few things that continue to make me leave money and opportunities on the table with Matterport. Those include:
-Not being able to whitelabel
-Not being able to host somewhere besides Matterport server
-Not being able to have a PRIVATE link without collaborators.(Think private link for YOUTUBE video) Clients want to be able to share their scans privately but have it look like the publicly shared view not the collaborator view. We need a way to use these scans behind a firewall or a paywall.
-Not having an online -cloud- back up and restore option. This is so important!
-Not having a lower processing price point for super small scans (more than 3 less than 50)

Anyone else having some of these same feelings?
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN
3rd Party
Service
Beijing
JuMP private msg quote post Address this user
@tocha Maybe our JuMP-UV (will be released soon) can get some money back to your wallet.
JuMP-UV will provide whitelabel mode for your showcase and it can make your private showcase viewable to your customers or provide accesscode mode to your showcase.
You can sell e-ticket for your showcase tour also with JuMP-UV.

If you like to try please PM JuMP and provide one of your private showcase link for test.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Just got off the phone with a sales rep as I bought my first MP Pro2 3D..

I asked about this concern as with any business you need to think 5yrs in advance. The gentleman's name was [redacted] who told me that depending on your hosting package you are allowed that many in the One Year and after that those spaces are hosted for FREE. So if you increase past your limit in one year then you need to pay however after 12mnth those spaces are hosted free so I hope this helps some of you that have well over 500-600 spaces.
Post 10 IP   flag post
@3dvirtualview I would like to see that in writing.

This is the email I received 4 days ago from Matterport, and a majority of those models are from previous years:

I know when they were pushing the terms of service change for the "Matterport Ecosystem" there was discussion about models hosted after a year would be hosted for free... but there was never any explanation of how that would work and how you could track which ones were hosted free indefinitely and which ones were not.

There's so much confusion over this issue and I have more questions now than I did even a week ago!
Post 11 IP   flag post
@Queen_City_3D Yes completely not what I was told. It seemed that you were allowed to use 300 in one year then they would be hosted free as you would start another 300 for the next year. That is what i was explained by the sales guy.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
That free after a year stuff is just complicated and silly.

Matterport have 3 plans --

$49 - 100 Scans / 3 Free
$99 - 200 Scans / 7 Free
$149 - 300 Scans / 11 Free

-

I propose:

$49 - 100 Scans / 3 Free
$129 - 250 Scans / 7 Free
$249 - 1000 Scans / 15 Free

--

I would love access to Matterport's billing database and would love to run the numbers on overage vs. adjusted tiers ... I believe there's a simpler solution that would increase Matterport's revenue by spreading out fees.
Post 13 IP   flag post
@Metroplex360

As long as the $/month with X amount of processing included = <$19/model I'm okay with that.

I still have issue with ANY max limit. I PAID FOR THE MODEL TO BE PROCESSED... WHY SHOULD I HAVE TO LATER DELETE IT TO STAY UNDER SOME ARBITRARY NUMBER?!?

Seriously, a scan I took 3 years ago that isn't getting any views... is that really bogging down their servers? We know they're not actually deleting it on their end, so why can't it just live in limbo?

In my opinion the scanned models should live on in perpetuity as long as someone has a monthly account.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen_City_3D
@Metroplex360

I still have issue with ANY max limit. I PAID FOR THE MODEL TO BE PROCESSED... WHY SHOULD I HAVE TO LATER DELETE IT TO STAY UNDER SOME ARBITRARY NUMBER?!?

I agree. It's arbitrary.

The one thing that could happen without limits is people piggybacking on accounts -- dumping tours onto one unlimited account and keeping their individual rate plans at $50/mo ...

So yes, the free processing is quite strategic as the real value is there.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Basic
San Mateo, CA
Bycha private msg quote post Address this user
Does anyone know the price of MP Cloud-Only plans?
Post 16 IP   flag post
101432 16 16
This topic is archived. Start new topic?