Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Data SetDeep LearningDeletingEthicsPoaching

Deleted Matterport Spaces in this Data Set?6642

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

If we have deleted Matterport Spaces, should we care if Matterport is using them in the following way?

Matterport Job Opening: Senior Deep Learning Engineer

"Are you a deep learning expert with strong computer vision skills? Matterport has the world’s largest dataset of aligned RGB-D images -- 400 million images from 450,000 different real-world locations, and we want you to help us learn from it. We have a broad agenda for deep learning, including semantic labeling and segmentation, 3D object classification and pose estimation, depth from RGB, estimation of unseen 3D surfaces, texture/depth in-filling, key point matching, and dense stereo. We're also working closely with some of the leading academic research labs in the country."

Source: Matterport Job Openings

Best,

Dan
Post 1 IP   flag post
Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
@DanSmigrod

When I delete a space it asks me,

"Are you sure you want to delete this Space?
This cannot be undone."

If I continue and agree it is then my understanding/belief that that model is gone forever.

If that information were to continue to be included in data sets that seems a breach of privacy to me and my clients.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Queen_City_3D

Depends on the meaning of "Delete"

Dan
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
VTLV private msg quote post Address this user
Like our hosting plan also includes the company's photo processing agreement. So where are we deleting from?

Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@VTLV

Ah!

So, perhaps we are deleting the photography but not the data ... even though we all likely believe we are deleting everything?

Seems like Matterport needs to clarify this ...

When we "delete" ... what does that mean?

And, when we "delete" ... even if that just means the photography ... is is permanently deleted and no one has - or will ever have access?

I vote a common sense implementation: delete means delete (everything associated with that model).

What do you (all) think?

Dan
Post 5 IP   flag post
Lachlan private msg quote post Address this user
We have had Matterport restore multiple tours that we had previously "deleted" (at our request)
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
VTLV private msg quote post Address this user

Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
New Brighton, PA
frstbubble private msg quote post Address this user
Just wondering didn't a press release from Matterport CEO state something about 800.000 spaces?
They can't keep any story straight.

"It’s been an exciting time at Matterport as we’ve recently crossed several key milestones, with over 800,000 spaces captured and more than 330,000,000 visitors to those spaces since we launched our system in June 2014."
Post 8 IP   flag post
jasondavidpage private msg quote post Address this user
Their use of the word delete is going to get them sued like Apple's use of the word "Get" now instead of "Free"
Post 9 IP   flag post
Montreal3D private msg quote post Address this user
The data is worth way more than the money they are making from the hardware and cloud processing. It's simply not something accessible / of any value to the current Service Provider Network.
Post 10 IP   flag post
101429 10 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?