Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 817 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,913 Page Views | 19,259 Unique Visitors | 29 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
BrandMarketingMatterport EcosystemWGANTV Live at 5

On Building YOUR Brand: Technology Changes6473

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

Video: @AerialLook CEO Robert Koenekamp with talk about How to grow your Business (13 Sept. 2017)

---

Hi All,

Tips on marketing/branding from (likely) one of the most successful Matterport Service Providers, @AerialLook CEO Robert Koenekamp in my WGAN-TV Live at 5 chat with him on 13 September 2017:

Robert: "Don't worry about Matterport, don't worry about the camera, who's got the best camera. Worry about what you're doing and what you're offering, and the product and service that you're creating, and honing on that and continue to innovate it. If Matterport is the best tool for the job then great. But there'll be other tools that will be better in the future. Your business shouldn't ride on Matterport. It should ride on you, on what you do and what you hustle."

Robert: "For instance, when a new camera comes out, my clients like Ritz Carlton aren't like, “What about Matterport?” They'll just say, "Hey, Robert, we know that you're going to keep this at the forefront of technology. We're going to do business with because of that," and a lot of different reasons that we bring to the table. But mainly, you have to build yourself as I'm going to take you guys to the next level no matter where it is. We're either creating it or we're partnering with it and you're going to be a part of it if you keep business with me or yourself."

Dan: "Yes, I would certainly second that advice to people. I know early on we started writing about, ... at the time Matterport when we started to [WGAN] Forum back in August of 2014, really Matterport was ... the only camera of its kind. Fast forward, today there's more than 70 cameras in the space. I would get some phone calls and emails from Matterport saying, "Hey, you know, don't you worry just keep writing about us." I said, "No, no. Everyone in our Community is like a leading edge and want to know about what is the latest and greatest and they want to know how Matterport compares to that. So, no, we're going to keep covering all this stuff because our audience is interested in knowing about that."

Dan: "Frankly, a little competition is probably not a bad thing in order to help light a fire under Matterport innovate it the faster."

Robert: "It’s about building value. It's extremely important to go to value. I promise you, and you can read it in books, and you can pay for these books but it's common sense. If you build value, the money will come, the opportunity will come. What I started out to do is I started out knowing that, "Hey, right now there's not many people out there that are doing what we're doing. But there soon will be."

Robert: Actually it's better for us that there's more out there. More people, the more adoption, the more opportunity. The less people then the less involvement of factors that we just mentioned.

Dan: "What I see on [the AerialLook website] is among all the services that you offer, you talk about 3D and it's just 3D or 3D showcase. No Matterport service provider badge, no mention of Matterport. You're building your brand. Here are the services that you offer and within 3D gives you the flexibility to decide what 3D solution is the right for this particular client and it may vary in terms of the client's budget is or what you're trying to accomplish for them."

Robert: "Exactly. I mean, Samsung Gear 360 takes beautiful photos or even a video. Really, all we're using. We're content creators. We're creating content to capture the attention of the masses. I don't need a 3D tour to capture your attention. I can do a 360 view of a $20 million bathroom or a bathroom and a $20 million home and you're going to come and look at it."
Post 1 IP   flag post
TrustedPhotoDC private msg quote post Address this user
@DanSmigrod what's up with the Aerial Look Network?

I don't recall seeing them at the last Chamber meeting. Map kinda looks familiar.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

@TrustedPhotoDC

Here is the TrustedPhotoDC Network map. All WGAN Basic, Standard and Premium Members can embed this map on their website, like @AerialLook did.

Try your Map! It's a white-label of the WGAN Map!

What happens when you click on any pin? [TrustedPhotoDC Network / Location / Please Contact Us]
Then, what happens when you click on Please Contact Us? [Your Email Address]

All the in-bound leads go to you. You can generate leads and book a job ANYWHERE and source Matterport Pros on the We Get Around Network Find a Matterport Pro/Google Street View Pro map.

You make the difference between what you charge your client and what you pay the photographer. Don't want to deal with the in-bound lead? Forward it to me.

To locate your embed code, see the My Profile tab above.

Best,

Dan
Post 3 IP   flag post
Founder
Nail Soup Media
Sarasota, Florida
GlennTremain private msg quote post Address this user
@DanSmigrod there are a LOT of great things in this video. I said it then and think for all that are looking for an opportunity from a perceived crisis they should watch it fully.

Before I got to WGA and now I preach some of the same things. Matterport is awesome but it's time to get your business full of all the WGA stuff your membership gives you and have more hooks in the water. Hooks for the fish, baskets for the crabs and shrimp and casting nets for the flounder.

Be seen as the technology source. Thanks for reminding me about this video.
Post 4 IP   flag post
TrustedPhotoDC private msg quote post Address this user
This is great Dan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanSmigrod

@TrustedPhotoDC

Here is the TrustedPhotoDC Network map. All WGAN Basic, Standard and Premium Members can embed this map on their website, like @AerialLook did.

Try your Map! It's a white-label of the WGAN Map!

What happens when you click on any pin? [TrustedPhotoDC Network / Location / Please Contact Us]
Then, what happens when you click on Please Contact Us? [Your Email Address]

All the in-bound leads go to you. You can generate leads and book a job ANYWHERE and source Matterport Pros on the We Get Around Network Find a Matterport Pro/Google Street View Pro map.

You make the difference between what you charge your client and what you pay the photographer. Don't want to deal with the in-bound lead? Forward it to me.

To locate your embed code, see the My Profile tab above.

Best,

Dan
Post 5 IP   flag post
Founder
Nail Soup Media
Sarasota, Florida
GlennTremain private msg quote post Address this user
@TrustedPhotoDC shows the great effect this map has. It shows the different products including matterport but also complementary products so those that put this on their site are seen offering more service and available everywhere.

Now those that have just matterport offerings on your site it's time to go to the member benefits section and order all the free stuff you get from having membership. This map is one of your marketing tools you should use. Below it put links to all the services and then partner with other WGA members that do what you might not do full time. I have clients that were sole Matterport providers that now have HDR, drone and video because they partnered with others in their area. In return they became the Matterport source of the group.

Thanks @TrustedPhotoDC for reminding us about the map.
Post 6 IP   flag post
101636 6 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?