Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,033 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 40 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
DystopianMatterport EcosystemZillow

Time To Talk Matterport Alternatives?6429

immersivespaces private msg quote post Address this user
So with Matterport's recent actions, maybe now is a good time to ask about alternatives. Anyone have a tour service you are happy with that is not Matterport? I have a feeling a lot of people are about to jump ship sooner than later.
Post 1 IP   flag post
808virtually private msg quote post Address this user
Did you catch the WGAN-TV episode with Zillow today (21 February 2018) ...they will be using iPhones initially, and only iPhones if I understood them correctly, for their 3D tours. At least you can strap your iPhone around the Matterport camera and let the motor spin the iPhone, there is some opportunity
Post 2 IP   flag post
eggardner private msg quote post Address this user
I watched that but couldn't figure out why realtors wouldn't just do this themselves with their iPhones once they see you do it once? Maybe it was addressed and I missed it as I was multi-tasking while watching.
Post 3 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
@808virtually but Zillow only hosts properties and is a resource and I can see them restrict MP but what is the reason for this? I did not see the episode but again I see businesses like Zillow as a hosting tool so why would you restrict what data you collect. To be a go to tool for the public you would want to collect as much data which in their case is properties to view. For an alternative resource I do no see anything at this point, not to say there is not something on the horizon but right now nothing. I have my issues with MP but for the final product MP by far is very superior to anything else for the overall cost, again this is in my opinion. Do I wish it was better yes, do I think it can improve yes.

But this crosses over to a post about HDR laser Scanners, a great tool but this is not a tool I would use for Real Estate Photography. Now depending on your business if your documenting properties for building information and engineers or architects yes I would get a laser scanner but do not see it as tool most would use to use for most of use. again just my opinion.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Jamie private msg quote post Address this user
Try real.vision
I've been using it for years and as an alternative real estate package, it's pretty good
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by @eggardner
I watched that but couldn't figure out why realtors wouldn't just do this themselves with their iPhones once they see you do it once? Maybe it was addressed and I missed it as I was multi-tasking while watching.

You we're focused on my every word? Nearly half of all real estate agents would prefer to engage Pro, according to Zillow. I have asked them for more info about the study. Additionally, there's some secret sauce magic in how best to (successfully and easily) shoot a Zillow 3D Home. Watch for it in the video.

Think of it as just another tool in your tool box. It might be in addition to Matterport ("Would you like fries with that?" to in lieu of Matterport on a low price house where the budget is not there for charging for Matterport. You can embed a Zillow 3D Home else where with iFrame. Presently, Zillow is testing 3D Home in Phoenix. Anyone in the US can test now.

Dan
Post 6 IP   flag post
101421 6 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?