Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 837 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 35,106 Page Views | 19,195 Unique Visitors | 30 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
3D ShowcaseDystopianMatterport EcosystemScans

How to opt out of the Ecoystem????6406

BrianM private msg quote post Address this user
Does anyone know how to do this?
Post 1 IP   flag post
CarlosFHdz private msg quote post Address this user
@BrianM , I've been digging through the MP site to ensure I understand this whole ecosystem and how it will impact my business, I found the FAQ for removing the space below, the thing is though, that as soon as a space is marked public, we're agreeing for it to be used in the future for 3rd party apps with the homeowner/property owner.

Ecosystem space removal FAQ
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@BrianM @CarlosFHdz

Plus ...

Matterport CEO Bill Brown writes in the Matterport Ecosystem announcement yesterday (Wednesday, 21 February 2018):

---

This “ecosystem license” will only apply to a Space that you have previously made visible to the public. Also, the license does not entitle Matterport or anyone else to publish these Spaces publicly, it merely allows us to make the space available privately to a confirmed and authenticated owner or resident who has logged into the system, or a service or goods provider they authorize. Finally, in what we expect to be rare cases where a home seller or current property owner does not want the subsequent owner to have access to a 3D model of the property they just bought from them, Matterport will provide a means for the current property owner to directly request that their property not be included in this ecosystem license."

---

It's outrageous that the photographer does not have this opt-out option.

Dan
Post 3 IP   flag post
isabel private msg quote post Address this user
FYI, confirmed by Matterport staff on Facebook. They are only giving property owners the ability to opt out. There is nothing that camera owners can do. And even for property owners, the only thing offered at the moment is a sign-up form, not immediate removal.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Nodal Ninja
Founder
Bill private msg quote post Address this user
I'm not a fan of this whole ecosystem license (EL) myself. We had older client reaching out to Matterport directly asking them to reactivate a model which was taken down after the home sold over 2 years ago as per our hosting agreement. Apparently the house went back on the market and they needed the model. I was surprised with response from Matterport. Here is abbreviated ticket:

Client:
The link for the following address is not active any longer. Is there a way to make it active again?
Please let me know!

Matterport:
Unfortunately that Space has been deleted. Please contact the owner of the Space and ask them to contact us so we can retrieve it for them.

Client:
I believe we are the owner of the space.... Is there something I need to do to get it back on my end?

Matterport:
Can you please send me an email from the email ****@circ*******.com (our email address) and I'd be happy to restore the Space for you!

They put us in cc on the last communication so we could further with the client. Firstly I was not aware this feature was even available let alone going back 2+ years. Secondly notice how they referred to us as "owner of the Space".

While I'm still trying to grasp this whole EL thing I do not feel property owners or anyone should be given access to models we worked to create host and administer without compensation of sorts. It feels like it is undermining our business model (for lack of a better word). If I understand this correctly under this new EL our work basically can be reused without our permission. One example could be client gets their private use only model (not sure how that will work exactly) after which they could simply create a video (screen grab) of model or do all the screen grabs of 3D renderings and property features and reuse them.
I would like to see Matterport be more supportive of the MSP's - these could be value adds we could possibly bundle and sell to clients.

Bill
Post 5 IP   flag post
101629 5 5
This topic is archived. Start new topic?