Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AdviceBuyPro2

The Best Benefits of the Pro26387

Property3dNZ private msg quote post Address this user
Afternoon!

So my boss has just asked me what the actual benefits of us upgrading to the Pro 2....

- imagery quality
- speed

What else?
Post 1 IP   flag post
HarlanHambright private msg quote post Address this user
That’s enough.
Post 2 IP   flag post
JonJ private msg quote post Address this user
Based on the information have seen, the difference in speed isn't significant (with fast capture enabled). The only improvement I would say is image quality. And as far as the showcase experience goes, it is only really noticeable on a large screen in a head to head comparison with a tour shot with the Pro 1. Very few consumers can distinguish the difference.
For snapshots, there is a significant difference, but I only deliver images shot from my DSLR. So for someone that is trained as a traditional photographer, there isn't much of an advantage.

Just my 2 cents,
Jon J
Post 3 IP   flag post
Jamie private msg quote post Address this user
It's heavier, so you get more of a workout moving it
Post 4 IP   flag post
I disagree vis a vis the images. With careful capture and judicious photoshopping, you can leave your DSLR in the car and save even more time in the field. The images aren’t the same as proper DSLR, but they are more than adequate for most real estate applications. Magazine cover? Maybe not.
Post 5 IP   flag post
advancedhdr private msg quote post Address this user
IMHO, you CAN see a NIGHT and DAY difference.

Stills on the 2, sharp.
Stills on the 1, soft.

Tours 2, UBER sharp, 1, somewhat soft..

So, in this case for Property3dNZ I would push for the MP 'LITE' or Pro2

There is no reason to default back in technology..
Post 6 IP   flag post
JonJ private msg quote post Address this user
@HarlanHambright,

I have seen your photography work and think you do fantastic work and that is why your response puzzles me.

I have had this conversation a few times with different MSPs and it always surprises me when someone would opt to offer Matterport snapshots instead of providing traditional real estate photos in addition to the Matterport tour. This surprises me because most providers that I have talked with do not charge for the additional stills even thought they have to do more work to provide them. When I scan a home I will rarely place my Matterport camera in the same spot that I would take a traditional snapshot. The camera height is not the same and I do not have the flexibility to take portrait shots of small powder rooms, closets or laundry rooms. In addition, exterior snapshots are hit or miss due to alignment problems because of excessive sunlight and moving foliage. There is no possibility of capturing shots highlighting architectural details, fixtures or finishes. Finally, I wouldn't hazard to attempt an elevated shot (12 ft-24 ft) with a Matterport camera.

But lets just say that you could capture all of the images you wanted. The quality of the sensor and the dynamic range of the camera will never allow you to fully expose window views like you could with a traditional camera shooting HDR with 5-7 brackets.

So to summarize, on one hand you are saying that the you prefer the Pro 2 due to higher quality over the Pro 1, but on the other hand, you are saying the still imagery is acceptable, but not as good when compared to a traditional DSLR. This seems to be a bit of a contradiction. And at the end of the day you will be paying more for a camera, doing more work for less pay and not giving yourself the opportunity to market traditional photography services to 100% of the properties that require photos and instead, settling on marketing to 4-5% of the market that is using Matterport.

It doesn't make much sense to me, but perhaps I am missing something. I am always looking to learn, both in business and as a photographer and I look forward to your response.

Thank you,
Jon J
Post 7 IP   flag post
I appreciate your thoughtful inquiry.

Of course I have not abandoned the DSLR. In fact, I bought a Nikon D850 just last week and it is freaking amazing! Costs as much as a Matterport as did the 19mm shift I got last year, so I am heavily invested in camera hardware. The key is matching equipment to the job at hand. If i'm blowing thru a 3BR, 2B ranch, everything I need for stills is probably in the MP tour. Serious exteriors are of course going to be shot with the other stuff. I don't get all that excited about most real estate assignments and most agents want to spend as little as possible. The MP facilitates that and quite well to boot.

If a very special property comes along, a different approach will be used. No you cannot successfully extract details from the MP, but it is rare anyone needs that. And if they do, the Nikon 85mm tilt shift lens is awesome. I'll go get it.

Here's a shot from yesterday with the 850 (with 12mm Alowa lens). Look at all that dynamic range! You should see it full resolution.

Post 8 IP   flag post
DavidHothersall private msg quote post Address this user
Scanning with Fast Mode enabled is significantly quicker and noticeable, especially if you're trying get some outside scans done in civil twilight at sunrise/sunset. When the pressure is on you notice the difference in speed.
Post 9 IP   flag post
advancedhdr private msg quote post Address this user
David, what do you mean noticeable?

Is there a quality difference in stills or tours when Fast Mode is enabled?

I talked with MP, they told me its the same during beta.

Whats your experience?
Post 10 IP   flag post
Same.
Post 11 IP   flag post
@HarlanHambright I wish that was enough for them! Its a hard sell they just don't think MP makes enough money!
Post 12 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
The Pro-2 is faster with FC -- faster transfers from device to iPad even if scan speed is about the same.

Fast Capture actually works right on the Pro-2 Does that help? On the Pro-1 it's buggy because it cannot keep up and will terminate during HDR merging and leave a dark cube face ...

Now this will be fixed when FC is out of beta -- but I wonder if that means slowing down the Pro-1.

--

As far as image quality goes -- Pro-2 is hands down better. I do believe that the Pro-2 produces SHARPER images and you don't need a large screen to appreciate it. On mobile, I believe the difference is hard to tell -- embedded? It's close. Fullscreen? Pro-2 hands down.

Also - another reason to have the Pro-2 is marketing. You can preach the gospel of why your customers should only use an agency with the highest quality Matterport. That's gold right there.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Thanks for your input everyone I appreciate it!

Have a great day
Post 14 IP   flag post
DavidHothersall private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by advancedhdr
David, what do you mean noticeable?

Is there a quality difference in stills or tours when Fast Mode is enabled?

I talked with MP, they told me its the same during beta.

Whats your experience?

No effect on the quality of the imagery (apart from the Beta issues with the occasional 'black square') I meant the increase in scanning speed is noticeable and it is possible to move through the scan process much quicker which is a benefit if as I suggested you need to progress quicker because of lighting conditions or just time constraints etc.
Post 15 IP   flag post
101436 15 15
This topic is archived. Start new topic?