Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 837 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 35,106 Page Views | 19,195 Unique Visitors | 29 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
DystopianMatterport EcosystemNew FeatureNews

Get Ready for a New Feature Roll-Out!6379

Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
Just wanting to get the rumour mill started ...

I've noticed some new things popping out from the pipeline that indicate a new feature will be announced very soon! All the stars are aligned -- can't wait!
Post 1 IP   flag post
HarlanHambright private msg quote post Address this user
it's doing almost everything already. what might it be? (I still can't get over the ease of google incorporation.)
Post 2 IP   flag post
Matt19 private msg quote post Address this user
Another half price camera? 😉 I couldn’t resist. Looking forward to a new feature though.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Belfast, United Kingdom
3dshowcaseuk private msg quote post Address this user
Can anyone tell me how I can get GSV ?
Post 4 IP   flag post
jasondavidpage private msg quote post Address this user
White Label would be a nice feature I'd pay for.
Post 5 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
No the new MP Lite is on sale at lower price and can be incorporated in pro processing pricing model. I am so excited if you heard about this in February then media release will be Sept. I could not resist😁😁😁😁😁😁😁
Post 6 IP   flag post
coulee360 private msg quote post Address this user
Would love to see the ability to do virtual staging, camera removal in mirrors/windows, or the ability to blur out specific things in the scans(photos, documents, etc)
Post 7 IP   flag post
Jamie private msg quote post Address this user
It's a pro3
It's a drone scanner combination you will need to fly through the home. Can't wait
Post 8 IP   flag post
Jamie,

That would be awesome. Very similar to Minority Report movie with the little drones flying through the building scanning.

I imagine that is what could happen within the next 10-15 years(maybe sooner)
Post 9 IP   flag post
Yeah it would be
You can already do that with a Zen redo strapped to a drone, but it comes with a hefty $$$
We looked at it last year but flying a $40,000 scanner didn't sit well with my nerves
Post 10 IP   flag post
Fast Start
Websites
Peterborough, United Kingdom
angusnorriss private msg quote post Address this user
Embedded video and/or Mattertsgs inside the VR tour would be good.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Lincoln, NB
PointCloudVR private msg quote post Address this user
How about marking mirrors and windows while scanning. I just updated my firmware this morning and it works very nicely, granted that could have already been able to with the last firmware update... I just didn't think to try.
Post 12 IP   flag post
@Jamie one step further it will be like Amazon you depoly the drone from home security pass to unlock the door, you fly thru the home and the drone returns home. I like your Pro3 idea, that was a good one.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Pro3 with 8k resolution at the Pro2Lite Price and slightly smaller size with bigger battery would be ideal.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Istanbul, Turkey
alirizacil private msg quote post Address this user
Changing the color setting is a must. I have lost 3 customer because color was brighter than the real colors of the space...
Post 15 IP   flag post
@ron0987 That will be the pro4 with a $99 additional purchase pack
Post 16 IP   flag post
Yes colour correction is a huge issue
Post 17 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
I said 'feature' not camera You guys are all off.

--

As far as color correction goes, I like my saturation bumped up to 125% and brightness up to 125%... I have something I'm working on that I'll announce soonish to that extent.

--

As far as a Pro-3 goes -- It seems possible now.

https://click.intel.com/intelr-realsensetm-depth-camera-d435.html

This sensor is lower resolution for imagery, but higher resolution for 3D IR sensing -- and the ability to scan much farther distances. Apparently outside too. We're going to see a surge in this area in the coming years...

http://electroiq.com/blog/2018/02/3d-depth-sensing-vcsel-technology-surges-key-takeaways-from-semi-member-forum/

--

But no, that's not the feature Matterport seems to have ready...
Post 18 IP   flag post
Hahah I just threw that out there to stir people up
Post 19 IP   flag post
@Metroplex360 so we are all off so are they going to release something like Mattertags, the ability to tag items in the tour with Photos, Videos, URL's and descriptions. Oh ya they already did that so what could be next, something they can build up the hype then slow to release.

Well I hope it works out I am going to wait to see it in place and working before I even mention it to anyone.
Post 20 IP   flag post
VRimpact private msg quote post Address this user
@Metroplex360 what do you think it is? You cant announce it then not tell us
So i decided to speak to matterport support and see if I could get any iformation on what this could be but they did not bite. There official stance is that there are no new updates: Nothing that is not already noted so GSV and Showcase beta is all they are working on.

I hate not knowing, How do I get in this inner circle @Metroplex360 You always get to know 1st.
I guess ill have to keep waiting in anticipation. Thanks a bunch
Post 21 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
@ron0987 - Closer.

@VRimpact - Well, they rolled out Cloud UI v1.50.17 today [21 February 2018]. That version contains 3 new things -- two are features, one is ... not so much a feature.

Just needs a database swap to make everything live.

I'm posting this based on observation of code. Hitting View-Source is the gateway to the answers.
Post 22 IP   flag post
VRimpact private msg quote post Address this user
@Metroplex360 Clever man. Ive never thought to track development and upgrades through view source. Thanks for the tip. Looking forward to seeing what they do.
Post 23 IP   flag post
Kansas City, KS
Richierichks private msg quote post Address this user
@Metroplex360

I'm still showing beta on the showcase. However, I did notice one of mine appearing to have the new showcase the other day when I was messing with my website. Do you have to use a different link?
Post 24 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
@Richierichks Showcase 3 is rolling out too! Glad you mentioned this. I don't know how it is determined, but some tours do display with it. I have become so used to it that v2 is starting to look weird.
Post 25 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
So, new TOS aside -- Bill announced two of the three features.

"We will be announcing, later this month, a capability which will allow you to transfer Spaces to your customers, so that they can maintain them.

"We also plan to introduce free limited hosting accounts for consumers, for their private use, to work with the new transfer capability. This will enable you to give closing gifts or leave-behinds to your customers and to move certain Spaces, as appropriate, out of your account."

--

There's another one that is ready that they are holding off on.
Post 26 IP   flag post
PeterMcCready private msg quote post Address this user
"We also plan to introduce free limited hosting accounts for consumers, for their private use, to work with the new transfer capability. This will enable you to give closing gifts or leave-behinds to your customers and to move certain Spaces, as appropriate, out of your account.

An outstanding find @Metroplex360, at least that's something positive to end the evening on!
Post 27 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
I personally think it's weird. (the private accounts). But I like that we are getting the ability to transfer...

Now where's that other feature I'm waiting on that is all ready to go and fully baked...?
Post 28 IP   flag post
WGAN
3rd Party
Service
Beijing
JuMP private msg quote post Address this user
@Metroplex360 Matterport must want to face the end customer directly, they want the house owner directly book scan from Matterport's website and then a standby MSP will go customer's house to fullfill the request. Just like the mode of FedEX. I think it is the final goal of Matterport. The camera is just a business equipment like a truck of FedEX.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
@JuMP That wouldn't be a bad deal. They just need to fix the pricing at $0.10/sqft for the MSP and establish some scanning guidelines. We'll be in business in the Residential sector for good in that case.
Post 30 IP   flag post
101630 34 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?