Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Matterport EcosystemMatterport Pro2 Lite Camera

Tell me again why the H😀😀😀 I bought Pro 26360

ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
With the new release of the Pro 2 Lite, with the specs the same except battery life and weight and such a price reduction. Ugh so frustrated!!!!
Post 1 IP   flag post
HarlanHambright private msg quote post Address this user
I need the battery. No regrets. Leave in the morning with 3 jobs scheduled and no worries. The iPad is another matter.
Post 2 IP   flag post
I would rather have bought two Pro 2 lite cameras and had the versatility of two cameras for multiple jobs if needed. Also if they would take the idea of running two cameras on one job it would even go faster on large jobs. Again for me very fustrating.
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Chicago
rzphotoman private msg quote post Address this user
This may be a dumb question, but what is the Pro 2 lite camera?
Post 4 IP   flag post
Helen private msg quote post Address this user
@rzphotoman Here is the link it was just announced.clickable text
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Chicago
rzphotoman private msg quote post Address this user
@Helen Thanks!
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Bon Secour, Alabama
Chemistrydoc private msg quote post Address this user
@ron0987

The cynical answer is that you bought it in order to sustain the cash flow needs of a company that cant decide on a marketing strategy. Somebody wiser than i once said that trying to be all things to all people means you will be everything to no one, or nothing to everyone.
Post 7 IP   flag post
immersivespaces private msg quote post Address this user
From the looks of it, the Pro Lite isn't really that great of a deal for service providers. Looks like more of a solution for an agent that does just a few scans per month. The math doesn't really work in a service provider model from what I see. You'd be upside down in just a few months if you are a busy service provider.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Gerhard private msg quote post Address this user
So they are telling us that the battery that lasts 8 hours of capturing cost an additional $1500? Sorry, my logic or calculator might be faulty.

You will be able to scan 3 small apartments or maybe, big maybe 2x 3 bedrooms homes. I must say this is tempting because can use my MP One on normal jobs and then the new PRO on bigger Jobs. And with the fast capture will be getting fit in no time as it has become a sprint to get out of the cameras field of view. The new ET is flying on jobs now and really speeds it up.Would love to hear the others thoughts on this.

Just also need to factor in a Hard case, Ipad Pro, Tripod, and head into the setup cost.

(And Apple is launching the new Ipads also very soon, so what to do what to do, with depths sensors like the iPhone X, and there must be capturing APP already being developed in the background that you can be sure off)
Post 9 IP   flag post
@Chemistrydoc no reality is I bough it to provide the best service for my customer and get the best ROI. If that means I do not have a solid business plan or marketing strategy great, I would have purchased two Pro-Lite cameras for that price. With a solid reassurance of having a backup camera, with the overall idea to put two cameras out on separate properties.
I kept my original camera just for reassurance of having a backup camera. With the two Lites I would have that, I did not see anywhere I could not process Pro Lites scans on my current account, did I miss something?
Post 10 IP   flag post
@HarlanHambright please tell me after you are finished today what your battery life was at the end of the day after three jobs? You could be charging the first camera while scanning on the second or third property giving you all the time you need plus more with only one IPad.
Post 11 IP   flag post
advancedhdr private msg quote post Address this user
Ron, I feel your pain.. "such as technology" and camera equipment!
If its a Cannon or Sony, Mark II, III, IV, or V etc.. these things always evolve.
I too purchased recently a Pro2 and COULD NOT BE HAPPIER!

Why?

The LITE is not an upgrade, its a DOWN GRADE in technology.

Unlike my Sony Camera, which they Upgrade and offer more features, for less, this is a downgrade for less!!!

Its clear MP is promoting this to realtors and keeping the PRO1,2 for the Photographers.

Yes, your camera is $1500 more expensive, but you have the best.
:-)
Post 12 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
I think they are just trying something new. It was hard to stomach for me at first.

I think some eager people will see the upfront price being lower and jump on it without really doing the math. Down the road, they'll realize they are upside down, but keep scanning because they are profiting despite the higher overhead.

Overall, they just figured out how to sell a more expensive camera. I'm curious to see if it equals out for them...

I wonder how long we'll have the Pro-1 around for...
Post 13 IP   flag post
@Metroplex360, I agree with you up to a point. Because MP is unpredictable I worry the Pro 2 did not sell as good as they hoped. That if the Pro Lite stimulates the sales they are looking for they change the price per model or allow it to be used the same as the Pro pricing plan. Based on what every else calculated it’s better to get the Pro 2.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
@ron0987 I'll be honest, you may be correct. I don't have any clue about actual camera sales and adoption.

I'd like to believe that Pro-2 sales are on the same trajectory as the Pro-1 sales were with a bit of a spike from people who were upgrading.

I believe that if you were to take all of the Pro-2 Lite sales 12 months down the road and look at the amount of money spent on processing fees and SAAS fees -- that only a small number of those purchases would have been more profitable. We, the Pro users are the "whales" that are generating all of the processing fee revenue.

I almost think that the Pro-2 Lite was designed to strike a balance between increasing engagement without entire alienating us, the crazies who care about everything that Matterport do.

I imagined what it would be like if Matterport had chosen instead to start LEASING CAMERAS Pro-2s for $300/mo with processing fees being $29/ea with an option to buy at the end of the term for a drastically reduced price. Matterport would offer a full end-to-end warranty on the camera (even if you dragged the thing to the curb) and it would be 100% upgrade proof.

I believe that Matterport has likely looked at this concept, seen that it would work, but also had some mercy to their userbase. Unleashing an army of non-committed users with a $300 start-up fee and no risk onto the market would upset everyone.

I believe that as unpopular as some of their ideas are with us (Paid OBJ files, Pro-2 Lite, etc.), Matterport do weigh in sensitivity to their userbase.

Pro-2 Lite is a non-threat.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Snap private msg quote post Address this user
I think about all the effort and energy that was made into creating these useless cameras and am ASTOUNDED as to why they won't even entertain the idea of creating white labeling and security options for private tours. I know companies that would pay a PREMIUM for these services and wouldn't blink an eye and yet they're too busy focusing on the little guy. What am I missing here....
Post 16 IP   flag post
PeterMcCready private msg quote post Address this user
@Snap I'm astounded at the same form factor accompanying the reduced battery capacity, Lite to me would have made far more sense with a more compact enclosure as the pricing's sufficiently enticing to pair up with another for backup purposes. Having experienced rotation failure during an important demo, I'd say that two is one, one is none!

Would equally be happily pay a premium for white labelling and privacy though as well as a standalone solution for those with clients understandably wanting to be able to manage their own scans without the pressure of hosting issues down the line.
Post 17 IP   flag post
LilyCollins private msg quote post Address this user
in any case, it will take its own niche market, is it not?..
Post 18 IP   flag post
PeterMcCready private msg quote post Address this user
@LilyCollins I'd say so, I've colleagues at work already expressing an interest, the pricing's spot on for them for occasional use!
Post 19 IP   flag post
101436 19 19
This topic is archived. Start new topic?