Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 817 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,913 Page Views | 19,259 Unique Visitors | 28 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Alignment IssuesBetaFirmware

Matterport Firmware Beta V623 versus 620?6218

HarlanHambright private msg quote post Address this user
I was experiencing strange, unexpected alignment issues and was prepared to send in an error notice to Matterport when I got a surprising firmware update notice in the middle of a job. 5 minutes later it's fixed! Good timing Matterport!
Post 1 IP   flag post
Hartland, Wisconsin
htimsabbub23 private msg quote post Address this user
That's great information to know, thank you. Can you let us know the firmware number code.
Post 2 IP   flag post
v1.1.623.19562
Post 3 IP   flag post
justinv private msg quote post Address this user
I have been dealing with issues privately for over a month and I can say this is the first update that is close to being 100%. Still minor issues, but nothing you cannot overcome while scanning.

I have not been able to scan a larger space yet but will on Friday butt for houses, it is good.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Belfast, United Kingdom
3dshowcaseuk private msg quote post Address this user
is it possible to force a firmware update? Mine is currently V1.1.620.16618
Post 5 IP   flag post
@3dshowcaseuk

No you can't. You are not in beta testing. Beta testing is 623 instead of 620.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Marcel private msg quote post Address this user
The current firmware is junk on the old gen 1 cameras. The last 3 jobs I've been unable to complete after giving up at the 50% of scans being alignment errors. I'm over it and am thinking of dumping this camera in the garbage. Anyone is welcome to come get it out of the trash if they want.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Hartland, Wisconsin
What happens if you turn off fast scan, does that help? I updated my firmware and I am a little scared now with a large house this weekend.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Kansas City, KS
Richierichks private msg quote post Address this user
I used it today and it worked really well. I love that it transfers to the iPad while it is scanning! It is so fast it's ridiculous!
Post 9 IP   flag post
I dont have the beta.. still on V1.1.620.16618. Sorry I notice it's off topic. Pity you still cannot delete your own posts on this forum.
Post 10 IP   flag post
@htimsabbub23

How large of house? I did a 5300sqft house today with no problems, well very few, but nothing you couldn't overcome. Just make sure you have the latest firmware because this is the first of 6 or 7 that I have been excited about!
Post 11 IP   flag post
Hartland, Wisconsin
You have me beat, it's about 4800. I did one last week about the same size and it took 3 hours to do the tour. Hoping to cut that down by at least 1 hour with the new beta. Fingers crossed.
Post 12 IP   flag post
I did this one twice today to test for them. Once with a stock Pro2 then with pro1. I didn't dodge mirrors and went as fast as possible. I did it in an hour and 2 minutes.
Post 13 IP   flag post
It sure would be fascinating to understand what all's going on under the hood with all this!
Post 14 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcel
The current firmware is junk on the old gen 1 cameras. The last 3 jobs I've been unable to complete after giving up at the 50% of scans being alignment errors. I'm over it and am thinking of dumping this camera in the garbage. Anyone is welcome to come get it out of the trash if they want.

Have you contacted support? Justin has been struggling and the subject of quite a lot of interest from Matterport over this past month. They can review the scans you are submitting to troubleshoot.

Marcel, I had my original Pro-2 go out on me. I was having to scan 2 feet apart to complete the last scan I did! Support was able to diagnose the problem and requested that I send my camera back while they quickly issued me a replacement. Apparently, I had a sensor that went bad due to manufacturing and they were happy to cover it. I was back on my feet in no time! There is only so much they can do to detect bad parts before they ship -- sometimes, it takes heavy use in the field to uncover a lemon.
Post 15 IP   flag post
@Metroplex360 that could be the problem. Unfortunately, my camera is 4 yrs old. Just slightly over the warranty period
Post 16 IP   flag post
Gerhard private msg quote post Address this user
@Marcel it will make a handy door-stop.

Or mount it on a pole next to a road where people are speeding. They think its a new traffic camera. Happened to me a couple of weeks ago had to capture a buildings outdoor 360 so the camera was standing on the pavement of a busy street in Abu Dhabi. Had so much fun looking at how quickly they slowed down. This camera can even scare children.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Lincoln, NB
PointCloudVR private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcel
I'm quite nervous...I just updated last night and have a job in an hour. Oh well, maybe today will be my "chance" to spend some more money !
Post 18 IP   flag post
@PointCloudVR

I am not sure what version capture app and firmware they have but I will tell you the latest update is fine for residential scanning. I am trying it out in a wide open space today or tomorrow.

I updated the night before a 75,000sqft job and could only get 18 scans aligned!
Post 19 IP   flag post
If you have problems, disable fast capture in settings and everything will be fine. slow, but fine. it warms up again though. be patient.
Post 20 IP   flag post
I updated back in December but this one works fine!
Post 21 IP   flag post
Just to let you guys know I was able to complete the warehouse. The last two times I could only get to scan 14 with the firmware.

Yes it still has a few issues but if you take a few extra scans, you should be fine.
Post 22 IP   flag post
101636 22 22
This topic is archived. Start new topic?