Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 25 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
HelpThreeSixty Tours

Dimensions for threesixty.tours?5933

alsangio private msg quote post Address this user
I am having big issues when uploading my panos to threesixty.tours.

Anyone know the correct dimensions or right way to process a pano, let say, taken with a drone?

Mine are coming out with a hole in the bottom, the sky is a circle and the horizon is a U.

When I try to view the same pano in another viewer, it looks right.

Any help?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Founder
Nail Soup Media
Sarasota, Florida
GlennTremain private msg quote post Address this user
putting a ticket into their support https://threesixty.tours/support/ will get you a quicker answer. Ross is usually very quick.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Basic
San Mateo, CA
Bycha private msg quote post Address this user
Depending on what /drone/app/program (settings) you are using to stitch your panos, it can be slightly different. (These examples were done with Mavic)

DronePan/Litchi app (you will need to add sky in photoshop)see ex: [redacted at client request]

"Spherical" setting in DJI GO 4 app (Photo) you will have enough sky in the pano to adjust see ex: https://36ty.us/AfHmeU

Attached are my setting for a pano with the Mavic using the DJI GO 4 app with no added sky. This is the easiest and most time efficient; however you will need to tweak your adjustments based on the POI

Here are some pano sky files: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jobfnh5y4w6omkh/AAAkw8uRasDscPCjNRlBi2iPa?dl=0
Post 3 IP   flag post
Missoula, MT
rpetersn private msg quote post Address this user
@alsangio - Thank you for your message. We've received your support request as well.

Thanks also to @Bycha for your notes.

There is a bit of a learning curve to creating panorama images and we're here to provide assistance whenever possible. While there are many different terms that can be used to describe panorama images, there is only one that you need to be concerned with:

Equirectangular Panorama (aka "Spherical Panormama"

This flavor of "panorama" is exactly twice as wide as it is tall (always) and includes all of the information for full 360 viewing, including the "zenith" (very top) and the "nadir" (very bottom.

[i]If the image you are trying to upload into ThreeSixty Tours is anything other than 2x it's width, the results will look funky, to say the least.[i]

The challenge is that when you are capturing a scene with a drone, you need to stitch together many images to create this type of image, each one overlapping the next a bit. Drone-based applications (like the Litchi app) do a great job of automating this capture process. Other (desktop) applications do a great job of stitching these images together, so long as you've selected the appropriate "type" of panorama (i.e "Equirectangular/Spherical Panorama".

One other note to consider (as @Bycha notes) is that if your drone has a camera mounted beneath (as most do) there's no easy way to capture the sky directly above the drone ("zenith". Some drones are capable of capturing this shot (based on their camera configuration) and others even use a separate top-mounted camera.

Assuming your drone does not have the ability to capture the sky above, the easiest solutions (in our opinion) is to either:

1) Photoshop in a new sky, using the (fantastic) sky examples provided by @Bycha
2) Create a "zenith cover" with your logo/etc that can be placed at the "top" of your image to cover up the area with missing sky.
3) Use settings within ThreeSixty tours to prevent panning up to the "zenith"...noting (however) that you still need the image that you upload to be correctly sized, even if there is no sky content at the very top.

I hope this (very brief) overview is helpful and we're here to help answer any questions!

Cheers...Ross
Post 4 IP   flag post
Thanks all for your responses! Really helped a lot!
Post 5 IP   flag post
Faga private msg quote post Address this user
@rpetersn Heyy Ross,

Is it possible to use a 2D panorama (taken by DJI Spark, with DJI's panorama option in the app) as our base picture?

Thanks,
Post 6 IP   flag post
@rpetersn

Have you ever considered enabling the ability to use as base image a flat image? Like an orthomosaic? And build the tour around that?
Post 7 IP   flag post
Briski2208 private msg quote post Address this user
You can also capture zenith photos after your drone has landed by simply pointing the AC camera to the sky & taking a couple prior to stitching.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Missoula, MT
Hi @alsangio & @Faga & thanks for the notes. Yes, in fact, we're extremely close to releasing this as a new feature to ThreeSixty Tours. We thought it would be turned on by now, but the wildfire situation in California has one of our developers scrambling a bit and we needed to push this release a week or so. If either of you would like to use the tools (currently in Beta) right now, please let us know and we can enable this for you.

We're super excited to release these new options as soon as possible....just a few remaining bugs to squash.

@Briski2208 - Good point about capturing a separate zenith image after the drone has landed....that's a great tip!
Post 9 IP   flag post
@rpetersn

Wow ! This is amazing news! Thanks a lot!

No worries, I can wait for it to be properly done.
Post 10 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@rpetersn

Hope your California-based developer is okay.

Dan
Post 11 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpetersn
Hi @alsangio & @Faga & thanks for the notes. Yes, in fact, we're extremely close to releasing this as a new feature to ThreeSixty Tours. We thought it would be turned on by now, but the wildfire situation in California has one of our developers scrambling a bit and we needed to push this release a week or so. If either of you would like to use the tools (currently in Beta) right now, please let us know and we can enable this for you.

We're super excited to release these new options as soon as possible....just a few remaining bugs to squash.

@Briski2208 - Good point about capturing a separate zenith image after the drone has landed....that's a great tip!

Hey @rpetersn

Any development on this new feature? Really looking forward on it!

Hope your developers are doing ok after the fire.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Missoula, MT
Hi @alsangio - Thanks for chiming back in here. Yes, we've released the 2D Image feature as part of ThreeSixty Tours. It is ready for you to check out! Cheers.
Post 13 IP   flag post
@rpetersn

Wow! Thank you very much! I'll go check it out right away! haha!
Post 14 IP   flag post
101646 14 14
This topic is archived. Start new topic?